+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T2s definitely favor Clerics and some warrior

Rift Disciple

Default T2s definitely favor Clerics and some warrior

I got this information from both Riftjunkies and Xanadu's loot table breakdown which can be found at http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...=browse&id=185

In all 5 of the Tier 2 dungeons the breakdown goes as follows:
    Warrior epic gear-56 drops
    Cleric epic gear - 70 drops
    Rogue gear - 47 drops
    Mage gear - 38 drops

Some of the items overlap between classes such as rogue gear going to warrior and cleric dps. Clerics and mages share accessories, most 1h weapons/tomes, and staves.

Per T2 here is a better breakdown to suggest which classes have more drops:

Abyssal Precipice
    Wars - 12
    Clerics - 8
    Rogue - 10
    Mage - 6

Charmer's Caldera
    Wars - 11
    Clerics - 12
    Rogue - 9
    Mage - 8

Deep Strike Mines
    Wars - 14
    Clerics - 17
    Rogue - 10
    Mage - 7

Darkening Deeps
    Wars - 9
    Clerics - 17
    Rogues - 7
    Mage - 9

Runic Descent
    Wars - 10
    Clerics - 16
    Rogues - 11
    Mage - 8

The problem I have started coming into is that our clerics are so well-geared in one spec that they start gearing for tanking or melee dps. Same goes for warriors who are so well-geared in either melee dps or tank that they gear up their other spec. The biggest problem with this setup is that mages, especially, are so frustrated when not a single mage item drops but we watch as as guildmates and PUG friends are gearing 2 specs simultaneously. Imagine running 10 T2s this week and nothing for mages drops but the group is able to gear up clerics exceptionally well. For SnG I ran as chloro MH this week with no cleric heals. I tried bringing in more mages and rogues, but it sucks when the 5-man group gets cleric crap with no cleric in the group ~_~.

This is a dire appeal to Trion to either boost Mage and Rogue drop rates or add more items for those callings. As it stands, I more or less refuse to run some T2s because our drop rate is less than 25% of total drops. Take DSM for example, although one boss drops mostly all mage stuff, the others don't drop a single thing for mages. Only 7 items can be rolled on by mages, where other callings have a significantly higher number of usable drops.

Telaran

ya but what you fail to prolly take into account.

Clerics need 3 specific and somtimes 4 specific gear sets to do jobs that most classes can do in 2 sets (or mages one set).

We need a tanking set which has high defensive stats and focus
    A melee dps set which has a high focus on Spell crit
    a Caster dps set which has a high focus on Spellpower and Focus
    a healing set which has high focus on spellpower and wisidom

mages pretty much only need one set with minor tweaks

Rogues have 2 sets a tanking set and a melee/range set both of which can interchange

and same with warriors

maybe THIS is why we have more items than anybody else..

Seriously you need to quit looking at the numbers and maybe worry more bout what you need.

Rift Disciple

Imagine it the other way around and your group cant finish dungeons because your DPS are geared like crazy and your essential classes are undergeared.

I support increased itemization for all classes but I dont have a huge problem with the current setup. It could be much worse.

I guess it doesnt help that some cloth gear is better for casting clerics than their own chain.

Plane Walker

You have to take into account drop rates as well. If you have 5 items that can drop and the mage one drops 20%, the warrior 20%, the rogue one 20% and the 2 cleric ones drops 10% each, then you still have balance.

And as said, different classes have different stat needs. Clerics more than anyone else. So they need a wider range of gear choices.

Also have to consider that with craftables, a fresh 50 Mage can almost hop into T2 overnight. A bit more of gearing and bam, he's raid ready.

Craftables blow with Warriors. Every Warrior tank I've known including me had to painstakingly amass Plaque Gear for both T1s then T2s.

Telaran

its just the OP complaining bout loot is what this whole post boils down to.. he did a bit of research found some numbers that kinda support it and BLAM off to the forums..

seriously.. just put in the time to get the gear you want. and quit complaining

Champion

I broke this down for T1, here's the info:

Since there's been a lot of talk on the forums about 'x type items drop all the time, y items don't drop!', I decided to take the time to total up all of the drops from T1 instances (using rift.zam.com as a reference) and categorize them by job.

The Chart: http://puu.sh/1Mkv

A few points about the chart...

- Since it would be kind of absurd to total up each item slot, everything that isn't a weapon counts as 'armor', including trinkets, shields, and totems.

- For item classification, I went by material type first. Even though warrior can wear leather for example, all leather gear counts as rogue.

- Items without a material (rings, trinkets, etc) that could be equipped by multiple classes, but had a bias for one particular job, it was placed under that job's heading. A ring with more strength than dex would go under warrior, and viceversa for rogue. Wisdom gear under cleric, int gear under mage. In situations where it was ambiguous which job it was best used for, it was included under both jobs. I think I put the threat-dump trinket from Ereetu under armor for every job for example.

- Melee weapons were also clasified the same way. It turns out though that there's almost no str focused 1h weapons, most of the warrior weapons listed are tank/block focused ones. As such, rogue 1h weapons are probably interchangable with warriors.

- Ranged weapons with obvious tank focused stats (endurance/block bow I'm looking at you) were put under the armor heading. Warrior specific ranged weapons I also put under armor for warrior, as they don't use bows for dps.

Keep in mind that weapons should obviously be less common than other items, as they only count as 1 out of some 8-10 slots for gear. That doesn't really explain the poor turnout of rogue ranged weapons and warrior 2h weapons though (there are only 3 epic 2H warrior weapons in all of T1 and T2), which I think is actually an issue. There should be a bit more of an even distribution in my opinion, like at least an epic of each type per dungeon. Cleric armor drops from nearly every boss in T1 dungeons, but the same is not true of warrrior and rogue gear.

If you break it down just by calling, Mage has 22%, Cleric 28%, Rogue 25%, and Warrior 26%.
    Last edited by Doddler; 04-28-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slight View Post
    ya but what you fail to prolly take into account.

Clerics need 3 specific and somtimes 4 specific gear sets to do jobs that most classes can do in 2 sets (or mages one set).

We need a tanking set which has high defensive stats and focus
    A melee dps set which has a high focus on Spell crit
    a Caster dps set which has a high focus on Spellpower and Focus
    a healing set which has high focus on spellpower and wisidom

mages pretty much only need one set with minor tweaks

Rogues have 2 sets a tanking set and a melee/range set both of which can interchange

and same with warriors

maybe THIS is why we have more items than anybody else..

Seriously you need to quit looking at the numbers and maybe worry more bout what you need.
    This explains it. Mages need one set...'Nuff said.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Mages need more Crit drops for their Crit builds.

This is really unfair to mages that Clerics are favored so much in comparison to their WEAKER dps and healing counterparts in Clerics.

Clerics LITERALLY never have to drink in any T2 I have ever done and then never run OoM.

Mages on the other hand are always being consistently outhealed and always running OoM and having to burn through mana Pots.

This is really unfair to our fellow mages AND not to mention Mages Dps is so LOW in comparison to the OP spec of Druid/Shaman/Inquistor. Giving them a Pet and 800 dps?? This is really ridiculous Trion

Please help to bring our fellow friends in Mages on par with the other 3 classes.

Concerned Member of the Community,
    Vero

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    Mages need more Crit drops for their Crit builds.

This is really unfair to mages that Clerics are favored so much in comparison to their WEAKER dps and healing counterparts in Clerics.

Clerics LITERALLY never have to drink in any T2 I have ever done and then never run OoM.

Mages on the other hand are always being consistently outhealed and always running OoM and having to burn through mana Pots.

This is really unfair to our fellow mages AND not to mention Mages Dps is so LOW in comparison to the OP spec of Druid/Shaman/Inquistor. Giving them a Pet and 800 dps?? This is really ridiculous Trion

Please help to bring our fellow friends in Mages on par with the other 3 classes.

Concerned Member of the Community,
    Vero
    This is a joke right?
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Rift Disciple

I take back the whining on loot assortment for mages. Overall, we are able to roll on 37 of the 122 epic items (30.3%) that drop in T2s (although some tomes,rings, and wands are better suited for clerics). However, after 3 weeks of running multiple T2s I still feel that cleric items drop FAR more often than anything else.

It's really dumb that I can't use Plaques of Achievements to buy weapons, and accessories.

There are 2+ vendors selling the same T1 and T2 armor sets. WTF Trion?
    Dayblind | Guardian | Anomandrake Warrior | Sanctume Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    This is a joke right?
    There is nothing funny about one class being so far behind others. Stop being so cynical

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

+ Reply to Thread