+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damage Meters

Question Damage Meters

this might already have a thread, but is Trion planning on implementing their own damage meters?
    its always good to see how well youre dpsing.
    although i feel like this will bring that whole elitist ******** like back in wow.

So you cant see how well you'r dps is?

Champion

If you're still standing and the mob isn't, you're doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Demig0d View Post
    So you cant see how well you'r dps is?
    eh i play a rift blade so i bring heavy dps. its just at times i feel like i could improve somehow.

I was wondering this as well... just curious as to what the DPS is like in this game :P Or any nifty addons at all

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblescumps View Post
    this might already have a thread, but is Trion planning on implementing their own damage meters?
    although i feel like this will bring that whole elitist ******** like back in wow.
    Whatever, I like the idea. I'm not about to download some program that allows me to get stats like DPS. It would be nice to know.
    Last edited by Domix; 04-28-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Guardian - Shatterbone - Mage - Warlock/Chloromancer/Elementalist

Quote Originally Posted by Domix View Post
    Whatever, I like the idea. I'm not about to download some program that allows me to get stats like DPS. It would be nice to know.
    yeah see thats all i want, id like to know how well im pushing.
    its just with these kinds of things someones gotta ruin it.

anyone who cries out against something like this being implemented obviously has a problem with their own dps. With as diverse as the soul system is it would be nice to have an actual meter for comparative analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblescumps View Post
    That attitude already exists in Rift, just like it does in every other game. Damage meters have nothing to do with it.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

You can use 3rd party programs such as Advanced Combat Tracker or the Rift Junkies parses to see your dps. They function more like the combat logs that are uploaded to websites from WoW, but I think they're quite superior.

You can check the "mini window" box in the top right corner of ACT for a tiny dps meter that will stay on top so you can always look at the meters while in combat/boss fight. They look exactly like Recount pretty much, just without cool bars.

Rift Chaser

I recommend ACT, works well and been around a long time (so trustworthy).

http://advancedcombattracker.com/download.php - get main program and rift pluggin, more complicated to set up but you get all the info on your damage breakdown you could ever want

http://www.riftjunkies.com/combat-parser/ - much simpler to use but less detailed information

Quote Originally Posted by Herbertwest View Post
    anyone who cries out against something like this being implemented obviously has a problem with their own dps. With as diverse as the soul system is it would be nice to have an actual meter for comparative analysis.
    Those are two really good points.

ACT might be a wonderful program but ill be honest, I'm not a whiz with programs like these (getting them to actually work, figuring out how to use it properly) and I've got to assume that running it will slow down my computer's performance of Rift. (Rift already lags for me)

If you're in a Raid guild and not using a 3rd Party program to gauge your DPS' efficiency, you're a fool.

ACT has other features that allow you to determine who died to what, who's losing their pets due to bad control, who's not stepping out at the right time, or getting cleansed...how a wipe happened (did someone's pet get tab targeted onto another group), etc.

These damage meters have way more utility than simple ****-measuring contests.

That being said, there are fights in Greenscale that absolutely require your DPS to be at its optimum, such as Infiltrator. If your DPS aren't keeping up, it will very literally wipe the raid.

I think its cool that you have a super fun spec that you like to do dungeons and solo pve with...but in a Raid atmosphere the margin of error is so small that if you're not performing at least on par with everyone else, you WILL get kicked in favor of someone that can. Why should 19 other people suffer wipes because you refuse to gear up and make efforts at maximizing your damage output?

It's selfish, period.
    Last edited by Oxyminoan; 04-28-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Morn@Seastone
    Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
    If you're in a Raid guild and not using a 3rd Party program to gauge your DPS' efficiency, you're a fool.

ACT has other features that allow you to determine who died to what, who's losing their pets due to bad control, who's not stepping out at the right time, or getting cleansed...how a wipe happened (did someone's pet get tab targeted onto another group), etc.

These damage meters have way more utility than simple ****-measuring contests.

That being said, there are fights in Greenscale that absolutely require your DPS to be at its optimum, such as Infiltrator. If your DPS aren't keeping up, it will very literally wipe the raid.

I think its cool that you have a super fun spec that you like to do dungeons and solo pve with...but in a Raid atmosphere the margin of error is so small that if you're not performing at least on par with everyone else, you WILL get kicked in favor of someone that can. Why should 19 other people suffer wipes because you refuse to gear up and make efforts at maximizing your damage output?

It's selfish, period.
    Exactly.

I would use DPS to gauge and maximize my output - certainly not dink-measuring. After reading all this, I suppose I will try to use ACT. Hopefully it does not affect my computers performance and slow it down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast