+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what is the enrage timer on Duke Letareus?!

Default So what is the enrage timer on Duke Letareus?!

Right, so yesterday my guild ventured down to the great Greenscale Raid, and managed to get this Duke down to 14%.

Now, in between the last 30%, all of a sudden he just hits me, the tank, for 10k-15k damage, right after each other. It isn't at a certain percentage, and when I asked all the so called "pros" on the shard (Whitefall), they said "He does at 25%!"... "It's 8 minutes after initiation!" ... "10 minutes enrage, and then Greenscale 15!" ... and then there was even a guy saying there is no enrage.

Can anyone clarify this for us? . Will be greatly appreciated.

Also, can you do this boss with 4 healers (2 Clerics, 1 Chloro and 1 Bard?) - We have been going with 2 Clerics, 2 Chloros and 1 Bard, but if we need the extra DPS, is it doable with 4? (Also, I have demanded all my guild members, to fully enchant their gear now, so when we try again on Sunday, we'll *hopefully* get him!)
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

Champion

Don't know the exact time but it's definitely time based, and not % based. (Greenscale is 14 minutes.) If you're running into enrage issues try ignoring the ground faeries during the tank phase and just put 1 warrior on each to interrupt Fae Barrage, have ranged DPS stay on the boss the entire time, and have melee kill ground faeries during the kite phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Don't know the exact time but it's definitely time based, and not % based. (Greenscale is 14 minutes.) If you're running into enrage issues try ignoring the ground faeries during the tank phase and just put 1 warrior on each to interrupt Fae Barrage, have ranged DPS stay on the boss the entire time, and have melee kill ground faeries during the kite phase.
    That's what we're doing, we just need to know what we need to aim for (time wise), so does anyone know the enrage timers?...

Thanks anyhow .
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

Shadowlander

Default Enrages

Every boss in Greenscale has an enrage timer. Some are actually built into the mechanic with charges (Prince Hylas) others are just time based.

RoS also features enrage timers. They are variable based on the fights but they are fixed and not % health based. If you hit the enrage it means the dps isn't enough -- pretty simple.

I am sorry I do not know the exact timers, but honestly it shouldn't matter for most encounters unless the DPS is very undergeared. Almost all of the encounters with a DPS check mechanic are literally never going to hit the "timed" enrage mark, but rather the mechanic enrage charges mark.

Vymm

Plane Touched

Latreus is not a DPS race, i believe his enrage timer to be irrelevant.
    I'm raid leader in a really casual guild (most of the raid force is far from being full T2, while a few are even less than full T1) and while we had him enrage in our first tries, it's no longuer an issue.
    Imho, you should try to optimise your DPS.
    Your four heals are clearly enought.
    But it might depend in how you deal with everything.
    1) do you have an Archon to buff your raid ? If not, your should assign your lowest focus mage to that role.
    2) Does your MT have spotter's order ? in our experience, this skill alone is huge dps.
    3) Assign minimal numbers to secondary roles : 2 wars max on big faeries, 1 person max to deal with all adds (we have a sab for this, and he manages to pull 500 dps on the boss while dealing alone with the adds).
    4) Have your "best" players try to push everyone. For exemple, we had mage slacking at 300 dps during our first raids. The same are now at 950. Explain to your guild mates that there is a need of optimal specs in order to succeed. I had an argument with a player saying that he would loose only 100 dps by going dual wield as a war and that he just loved dual wielding ... he's now one of our top dps, with a two hander ^^
    Even for a lowly equiped bunch of casual, it could be done with 17 i guess, but your need them to be well disciplined and motivated. If you're not 20, then try inviting some friends outside of your guild.
    Also, and this is not a L2P message, just a friendly warning, if you're low on dps on duke, then Johlen will kick your ... Whatever efforts you'll need to put to down the duke, you'll need to do much much more to down johlen. But still, he's not out of reach with motivated casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    2) Does your MT have spotter's order ? in our experience, this skill alone is huge dps.

Does this mean your using warrior as MT?

Plane Touched

Yes we do Strange uh ?
    Seriously, warriors have good aggro management, good mitigation, and a few nice abilities as tanks.
    For exemple, with spotter's order on johlen's bombs, we had 5 to 7 seconds left.
    Without, we had between 2 and wipe left.
    That's a huge difference (i'm talking about 10 or so attempts on the bombs without, and maybe a hundered bombs with spotter's order)

It's 8 minutes after the fight starts. Pretty sure as it happened to us twice when we first tried him and the parser was sitting at 8:0X both times.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    It's 8 minutes after the fight starts. Pretty sure as it happened to us twice when we first tried him and the parser was sitting at 8:0X both times.
    I believe there is also an auto enrage when he's at 10% no ?

And.. what is spotter's order? :/ ... ah found it.

at 10% he uses his normal channeling aoe - nothing special.
    He uses it at 85,60,35 and 10%.
    Last edited by Coffande; 04-28-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Yes we do Strange uh ?
    It is kinda strange, i've just always had a rouge MT, but that's how we do it i suppose, we kill the bombs with 10+ secs every time, unless the raid gets blinded or something, when dps doesn't hold

Plane Touched

I'll exchange a few of your dps with a few of ours.
    We have some T0/T1 geared wars with 1K+ dps but some T2 geared wars with 500 ...
    Every little bit helps in those cases. Spotter's order is in my opinion a huge boost in dps, especially when you have lots of nightblades and BMs that are dot based classes.

I'll exchange a few of your dps with a few of ours.
    We have some T0/T1 geared wars with 1K+ dps but some T2 geared wars with 500 ...
    Every little bit helps in those cases. Spotter's order is in my opinion a huge boost in dps, especially when you have lots of nightblades and BMs that are dot based classes.
    http://www.unstablerift.com/?q=node/417

Tell your 500 dps warriors to re-spec.

Plane Touched

He has that spec ^^ well he told us so
    Anyway, that's not the point we're stuck on Hylas atm, and since we're just a bunch of casual raiders (like the OP it seems), i guessed my tips would help him out

Ascendant

5 days into release, the enrage timer was 10 minutes. It has probably changed since.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

+ Reply to Thread