+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there ever gonna be a cross shard dungeon finder

Soulwalker

Default Is there ever gonna be a cross shard dungeon finder

i just wanted to get a answer if there is ever gonna be a cross shard dungeon finder

ZAM: What's your personal opinion about single shard vs. cross shard?

Hartsman: That's the thing, right? At the end of the day, it comes down mostly to opinions. It's very hard to back it up either way. There is definitely some amount of viewing people from other servers almost as disposable people. “I'm never going to see him again. Whatever!” But I think the people who truly act that way are just as likely to act that way around people from their own server. Some people play these games just to play and not to be social at all, and that's OK. It takes different kinds of folks.
    http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=26182

Reads to me like Hartsman is in favour but will listen to the players. Of course it's an issue on which the player base is fairly split. And of course he's not the only developer, the others are probably as split as the player base.

I certainly don't see it happening in 1.3, they'll need to iron out some kinks in LFD before they take such a gamble.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

I just hope they'll separate the queues like they do for warfronts, so you can basically queue as "shard only" or "cross shard", assuming they do implement this.

(Note: A player from server X that queue'd as "shard only" will still be able to be matched up with 4 other players from his shard that queued as "cross shard")

Shadowlander

My hope is that they do not add in cross server - generally I've noticed (wow side anyway) the few times I've ended up with all people from my server, people I know act with the 'whatever, they're from x server, I'm never seeing them again' don't do it with full server runs.

Reason? They want to not be frowned on as 'ninja looters' when they try forming a group for specific dungeons/events later. Especially when that random pug from their own server may be a raider, or the alt to a raider... or know raiders well enough there, to really screw them over. I think people realize this, and realize being on ignore by half the server for ninja looting can be very very bad.

I will admit, there are enough people without this mentality, that'll do it regardless 'because there's always going to be someone the random finder will put me with' but.. I think server only it's faster to weed out and discourage this type of behavior.

Default Dungeon Finder

Having played WOW for several years, I really enjoyed the dungeon finder. It never mattered to me if it was cross realm/shard or not. I would say my experience with people "I would never see again" was not an issue. Yes, there were some bad seeds out there i.e. ninja types (deserting the group as soon as they got what they wanted), players who always thought they were better than everyone else and would boot you if you didnt meet their expectations, and just general bad attitudes. However, that said, my experience was that at least 90% of the groups I randomed with were NOT like that. They were great players, tolerant of all the various levels of experience, and just their to have fun. Many times we would all queue up together again and again and run dungeons together for hours.

Personally I prefer pug groups as I tend to feel more pressure to participate when belonging to a guild (especially with raid times not always being convenient) and there are times that I may not play for weeks (there is life outside of the game).

I hope they do impliment a dungeon finder, it would definately make it easier to group up rather than running around trying to find people who want to group for a dungeon. Again, my opinion.

Shadowlander

I'd love server specific dungeon finders, hated cross realm, it just seemed there were more people that felt entitled and the idea behind them hitting the random finder was to get them their badges, and go home. The rest of the group's only purpose was to get them their extra badges for the day.

The feeling of 'community' was gone after they added in the random finder for the dungeons.

I guess I really never felt the big pressure to perform in even guild groups, you do what you can and use what you bring to the table as best you can, then move on after the instance.

Telaran

Im sick to see people saying OMG the communauty is gonna be Killed by the dungeon Finder cross shard(these people are usually people on big server or a very good guild that run lot of dungeon) cross shard Will help only people to CAN grp up that it, low lvl dungeon ARE DEAD on my shard, also its almost impossible to Find a tank if m'y best friend tank is not logged. So yes im bored to spam in the chat lf tank lf tank during 2 hrs and just leave thé game after it. P.s im not noob, im inside the best guild guardian pve side, lot of friend ectt, but that dont solve the problem at all so stop staying its bad

Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    Im sick to see people saying OMG the communauty is gonna be Killed by the dungeon Finder cross shard(these people are usually people on big server or a very good guild that run lot of dungeon) cross shard Will help only people to CAN grp up that it, low lvl dungeon ARE DEAD on my shard, also its almost impossible to Find a tank if m'y best friend tank is not logged. So yes im bored to spam in the chat lf tank lf tank during 2 hrs and just leave thé game after it. P.s im not noob, im inside the best guild guardian pve side, lot of friend ectt, but that dont solve the problem at all so stop staying its bad
    Go quest then? you don't need to do low level dungeons to level up.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    It might be dead but at least your much less likely to encounter ninja looters, and people are willing to talk to each other. In about a month i have met 1 ninja looter in rift, but tbh not sure if he spoke english (at least not as a first language) so may not have known about role MS/OS.

Point is, if it were WoW, in this time i would of met at least 30 ninja looters. You could say "but they'll ninja loot anyway" and equally misleading crap, but quite frankly, if people know they are going to be punished for being a bastard (Such as making it much harder to find groups/guilds/raids) they are far less likely to be a bastard in a group. Fair enough adding the option of cross shard LFG but as a previous post from Nand chan stated, please make cross shard just an option, not a prerequisite.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sarie View Post
    It might be dead but at least your much less likely to encounter ninja looters, and people are willing to talk to each other. In about a month i have met 1 ninja looter in rift, but tbh not sure if he spoke english (at least not as a first language) so may not have known about role MS/OS.

Point is, if it were WoW, in this time i would of met at least 30 ninja looters. You could say "but they'll ninja loot anyway" and equally misleading crap, but quite frankly, if people know they are going to be punished for being a bastard (Such as making it much harder to find groups/guilds/raids) they are far less likely to be a bastard in a group. Fair enough adding the option of cross shard LFG but as a previous post from Nand chan stated, please make cross shard just an option, not a prerequisite.
    30 ninja lot hahah are you kidding me? in all my life of wow(i have played this game for like 7 years and i was there when the LFG cross server been there) i have meet around 8 ninja looter, some people dont understand the term ninja looter really, if your only reason is about ninja looter,well get over it, its a ****ing bad point lol

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    Go quest then? you don't need to do low level dungeons to level up.
    and if i want do dungeon because quest want make me to leave the game? dungeon is about grp and grp are fun and you get loot, like a reward to have done the dungeon, doing quest is absolutely boring if you lvl a alt since you have all do quests with your main, so basicaly its all about opinion

i'm not even gonna get into what is wrong with cross shard LFD

BUT

i will tell you that just because you open a LFD to more shards than just your own does not mean that Queue times will improve, as most of the player base will STILL be dps and there will STILL be less ratio of healers and tanks

so basically it accomplishes nothing and you risk losing all sense of shard community (aka WoW)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    i'm not even gonna get into what is wrong with cross shard LFD

BUT

i will tell you that just because you open a LFD to more shards than just your own does not mean that Queue times will improve, as most of the player base will STILL be dps and there will STILL be less ratio of healers and tanks

so basically it accomplishes nothing and you risk losing all sense of shard community (aka WoW)
    i dont think really that cross shard destroy communauty, anyway LFg dungeon finder cross shard could actually at least put your in a queue during your questing, its already a major change positive(dont have to spam) in same time tank are going to can really pratic low lvl with almost instant queue with healer ect.... seriously i think there is a lot of positive actually to do it, AGAIN MORE on low population shard, becuz actually its dead

Rift Disciple

I really like the idea of having an option of your shard or cross shards. Would seem to be a good solution to me if the cross shard thing came about.

Soulwalker

Default I want Cross realm ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermomma View Post
    Having played WOW for several years, I really enjoyed the dungeon finder. It never mattered to me if it was cross realm/shard or not. I would say my experience with people "I would never see again" was not an issue. Yes, there were some bad seeds out there i.e. ninja types (deserting the group as soon as they got what they wanted), players who always thought they were better than everyone else and would boot you if you didnt meet their expectations, and just general bad attitudes. However, that said, my experience was that at least 90% of the groups I randomed with were NOT like that. They were great players, tolerant of all the various levels of experience, and just their to have fun. Many times we would all queue up together again and again and run dungeons together for hours.

Personally I prefer pug groups as I tend to feel more pressure to participate when belonging to a guild (especially with raid times not always being convenient) and there are times that I may not play for weeks (there is life outside of the game).

I hope they do impliment a dungeon finder, it would definately make it easier to group up rather than running around trying to find people who want to group for a dungeon. Again, my opinion.
    I agree with you! I want a cross realm option mixed with a shard only button ( for those that wish to stand around all night long never getting in a group). I am a long time wow player and loved it when Blizz made instant q for my healer and Tank toons- I left wow and now play Rift and I cant stand not being able to get in a group when I want to based on the time schedule I have. I do not have all night to wait in a q, id rather run a dungeon! This BS about server only makes me mad. I was on my lvl 16 Tank in Q also looking for a grp via chat. Nothing! I see a person looking for a tank for TROF ( lvl-15-20 Dungeon ) so I said I would go, he said sry I was to low lvl.. WTF? I dont like this system because it just makes people pick others based on what that person feels ( class, spec , lvl etc ) is best. I didnt like this system in BC or the begining of Wrath. Please add it ASAP!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast