+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Last boss in CC

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    138

    Default Last boss in CC

    I'd like anyone/everyone to be serious here no messing around.

    I run experts with the same solid group who are well geared, well experienced with their class and understand boss mechanics well. We have a tank, 2 dps, cleric and chloro. I'm one of the two DPS in the group and its obvious that the last boss isn't as nearly a DPS race then it is a heal race. Sure you have a 30 second limit on add phase but we usually clear the mobs in about 10-15 seconds so dps really is not an issue.

    Our healers parse for huge HPS, and as I said they, in fact all of us, are T2 geared from merchants / dungeon drops. I'm sure you all know CC last boss (Can't even be bothered finding her name I never bothered reading it) bugs out in all of her stages. I've experienced her one shot us all only a few seconds into the add phase, lighting sparks are cast in an actual different direction to their graphic and she sometimes fails to throw us on the wall (this bug is always well recieved lol). The annoying thing is we understand these glitches, and we know how to bypass them, yet we just CANNOT manage to clear her without at least 10+ wipes. In fact I left after 13 wipes a few days ago, and the group still wiped another 11 times after that till they finally downed her lmao, poor guys.

    I know its inevitable I'm going to get a few "learn2play", "get good" responses but that doesn't bother me, because I know our capabilities and they are so far beyond this actual easy boss but for one reason or another we just can't get it done fast. I'll also add it usually takes us 40-50ish minutes without interruptions to get to the last boss, which is modest in my opinion.

    So I'm wondering, is anyone else having these same issues and if not is there any particular strategy you use to beat her down efficiently.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Orakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Phase 1: Pew pew DPS tank and spank done.
    Phase 2: Run into her, on TOP of her, in the eye of her tornado, and nuke adds.
    Phase 3: Stay inside her until she starts blarfgarging her laser and as SOON as you see where it is, you go out of her and to a safe spot where it isn't. Then the laser goes around 4-5 times, where it goes clock-wise. Then when the last laser has been shot, you go against the wall/door behind her, she will now pull you up and knock you back, and if you are in line with the lava pit, you WILL get knocked down there, and die.

    Easy as, might take a few tries, but easy once you get the hang of it. One-shotted her yesterday using this method.
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Just try to not get surprised/shocked if it glitches. The first lightning is always correct, after that it may bug or it may not. Like the poster above said, you need to be right on top so if you see yourself in the line of fire you just take one step through her and you are safe. After that is is a clockwise rotation, 90 degree turns each time until she returns back to where she was at the beginning. You have about 1 second or so to make sure you will get thrown into a wall. Your healers appear to be well geared, so they should easily be able to cure bomb after the knock back. After the knock back you should have your members try to spread out as best and as quickly as possible, because she'll most likely throw out her stun AoE on someone. The whole fight in general, its better to be spread out so people don't unnecessarily get hit by an AoE due to someone else. It is a very healing intensive fight, so don't make your healers work more than needed. You have the entire arena so may as well use it.

    First time I ran this dungeon I had wiped 13 times straight and wasn't able to ever down it. Now I've been downing it in PUGs no problem. Really just don't get psyched out by the bug, that's what always got me.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    I'd like anyone/everyone to be serious here no messing around.

    I run experts with the same solid group who are well geared, well experienced with their class and understand boss mechanics well. We have a tank, 2 dps, cleric and chloro. I'm one of the two DPS in the group and its obvious that the last boss isn't as nearly a DPS race then it is a heal race. Sure you have a 30 second limit on add phase but we usually clear the mobs in about 10-15 seconds so dps really is not an issue.

    Our healers parse for huge HPS, and as I said they, in fact all of us, are T2 geared from merchants / dungeon drops. I'm sure you all know CC last boss (Can't even be bothered finding her name I never bothered reading it) bugs out in all of her stages. I've experienced her one shot us all only a few seconds into the add phase, lighting sparks are cast in an actual different direction to their graphic and she sometimes fails to throw us on the wall (this bug is always well recieved lol). The annoying thing is we understand these glitches, and we know how to bypass them, yet we just CANNOT manage to clear her without at least 10+ wipes. In fact I left after 13 wipes a few days ago, and the group still wiped another 11 times after that till they finally downed her lmao, poor guys.

    I know its inevitable I'm going to get a few "learn2play", "get good" responses but that doesn't bother me, because I know our capabilities and they are so far beyond this actual easy boss but for one reason or another we just can't get it done fast. I'll also add it usually takes us 40-50ish minutes without interruptions to get to the last boss, which is modest in my opinion.

    So I'm wondering, is anyone else having these same issues and if not is there any particular strategy you use to beat her down efficiently.
    Remove dots more quickly. You can see her cast her dots before she cast them. Have your healers set focus on her and remove them as soon as they come up. Have your tank grab adds run a little circle around the boss in order to stack the adds on the boss. This should stop anyone dying from the wild lighting. Have your healer aoe heal and then aoe cleanse after each knockback.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    What the other posters said before is actually right and that's your best bet. Only other thing I would recommend is using resistance buffs to help mitigate lightening attack damage if you do get caught up. Archon/bard buff and guild 30 resist buff if able.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    Just try to not get surprised/shocked if it glitches. The first lightning is always correct, after that it may bug or it may not. Like the poster above said, you need to be right on top so if you see yourself in the line of fire you just take one step through her and you are safe. After that is is a clockwise rotation, 90 degree turns each time until she returns back to where she was at the beginning. You have about 1 second or so to make sure you will get thrown into a wall. Your healers appear to be well geared, so they should easily be able to cure bomb after the knock back. After the knock back you should have your members try to spread out as best and as quickly as possible, because she'll most likely throw out her stun AoE on someone. The whole fight in general, its better to be spread out so people don't unnecessarily get hit by an AoE due to someone else. It is a very healing intensive fight, so don't make your healers work more than needed. You have the entire arena so may as well use it.

    First time I ran this dungeon I had wiped 13 times straight and wasn't able to ever down it. Now I've been downing it in PUGs no problem. Really just don't get psyched out by the bug, that's what always got me.
    I've actually had a wipe where the first lightning wasn't correct. But that was once in the hundreds of wipes it took learning her, still wiping after downing her, and wiping with three new groups of guildies.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I have 2 main issues with the fight:
    1. On my computer she tends to disappear during the adds phase, and I mean completely disappear as in you do not see her name or a ball of light. GTX460
    2. Because there is no way to determine which way she is pointing (we even tried abilities that only proc if at her back) and because of point 1, she is very annoying.

    The most I can do is stand where someone else is and assume they are standing on her for the lightning phase. Sometimes that can be difficult as people don't typically stand in the exact same spot so the ideal spot of where I would like to be is left to chance.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterine View Post
    I have 2 main issues with the fight:
    1. On my computer she tends to disappear during the adds phase, and I mean completely disappear as in you do not see her name or a ball of light. GTX460
    2. Because there is no way to determine which way she is pointing (we even tried abilities that only proc if at her back) and because of point 1, she is very annoying.

    The most I can do is stand where someone else is and assume they are standing on her for the lightning phase. Sometimes that can be difficult as people don't typically stand in the exact same spot so the ideal spot of where I would like to be is left to chance.
    She disappears on me too. I prefer it. It's much easier for me to see if people are stacking directly on top of her or not off to the side a tad. For me though, even if she goes invisible, the first lightning always ends up showing up.

    Clerics can purge the lightning.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts