+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROS: Herald of Discord bug?

Telaran

Default ROS: Herald of Discord bug?

Tonight we noticed that the adds the Herald summons are behaving very strangely and ignoring taunt or other threat generating abilities from our warrior tanks. The trash mobs in-zone were somewhat behaving the same way as well.

Last week, we did not have this problem at all when we killed it, and the encounter went fairly smooth. Is this a new thing that anyone else is experiencing?

The effect is that adds are essentially just insta-gibbing random people in the raid. It's very annoying.

We called the raid and will go back tomorrow, as it was late and we already cleared GSB. Maybe it was just a situational bug thing, but I was curious if anyone has experienced anything like that today?

Quote Originally Posted by Grenig View Post
    Tonight we noticed that the adds the Herald summons are behaving very strangely and ignoring taunt or other threat generating abilities from our warrior tanks. The trash mobs in-zone were somewhat behaving the same way as well.

Last week, we did not have this problem at all when we killed it, and the encounter went fairly smooth. Is this a new thing that anyone else is experiencing?

The effect is that adds are essentially just insta-gibbing random people in the raid. It's very annoying.

We called the raid and will go back tomorrow, as it was late and we already cleared GSB. Maybe it was just a situational bug thing, but I was curious if anyone has experienced anything like that today?
    That's what happens when you exploit the fight on week 1. You don't deserve anyone's help or opinions on the matter. Figure it out.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    That's what happens when you exploit the fight on week 1. You don't deserve anyone's help or opinions on the matter. Figure it out.
    We've never exploited anything, troll. The fight has been done multiple times, legit. Adds have never ignored taunt, ever. And no, they aren't immune-stated for taunt, either.

Perhaps you should look no further than your own guild, as far as exploits are concerned. I mean, you WERE the ones that nerd-raged for almost an hour over livestream when GMs caught you exploiting the encounter and wiped you on it.

Anyway, for the sake of keeping the thread on track I will not be responding to any further troll comments.

We've never exploited anything, troll. The fight has been done multiple times, legit. Adds have never ignored taunt, ever. And no, they aren't immune-stated for taunt, either.

Perhaps you should look no further than your own guild, as far as exploits are concerned. I mean, you WERE the ones that nerd-raged for almost an hour over livestream when GMs caught you exploiting the encounter and wiped you on it.

Anyway, for the sake of keeping the thread on track I will not be responding to any further troll comments.
    Wait so Katherine didn't tell you how to exploit the fight on Sunday night when we kicked her from the guild? And 10 minutes after we booted her and Killed Garuth she told us that she told you how to exploit it and then 20 minutes later you killed it?

Hmm I guess maybe you're just too scared to admit the truth.

Yeah we had the boss despawned on us because we had the glitch happen and just kept dpsing cause we didn't know WTF was going on. We had it despawned on us then some people got mad about it because dozens of others guilds has done it. We got over it and did it. Your guild on the other hand exploited the kill and we all know you did. At least man up and say it happened.

No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

In an attempt to stay on topic...

The adds eating people and ignoring taunt was an issue we've dealt with from the start. When we downed him last week, we couldn't do a single attempt without losing 1-3 people to adds. They'd spawn, tank would taunt, but they'd keep running to someone, kill them, then run to the tank.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Krinadon View Post
    In an attempt to stay on topic...

The adds eating people and ignoring taunt was an issue we've dealt with from the start. When we downed him last week, we couldn't do a single attempt without losing 1-3 people to adds. They'd spawn, tank would taunt, but they'd keep running to someone, kill them, then run to the tank.
    Interesting. The two times we've killed it the adds have easily been taunted and kept under control for the duration of the encounter.

Tonight was different, though. Also, the general trash in the zone was behaving oddly as well. Some of it was ignoring taunt in the same fashion, and people that hadn't even engaged yet were getting owned randomly.

Some of it was ignoring taunt in the same fashion, and people that hadn't even engaged yet were getting owned randomly.
    Lol, welcome to Rift

We use a Reaver/Paladin/Warlord for offtank. Pop imposing, then intercept one of your dps warriors so they can proper timing/bladefury/mighty blow. You can bladefury the adds just as they spawn and they'll stick to your tank immediately. We haven't found another class/skill that has more snap agro through intercept.

Shadowlander

haha funny guys in that ssN - americans, dont cry when u are not the best

back to topic:
    trash in RoS aswell as bosses might be **** up sometimes, i am just waiting when they will fix it, coz pulling one mob and aggroing like 1924701293 from other side of instance is just ******ed ohh and the partrol "**** yeah, lets put more"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shizrips View Post
    We use a Reaver/Paladin/Warlord for offtank. Pop imposing, then intercept one of your dps warriors so they can proper timing/bladefury/mighty blow. You can bladefury the adds just as they spawn and they'll stick to your tank immediately. We haven't found another class/skill that has more snap agro through intercept.
    Hrm, I'm not sure how our war is setup, but like I said, we've never had problems before. Adds were gibbing people before even being visible, even if spread out after idols spawned.

It felt like a bugged encounter more than anything. Or ninja changed with no patch notes. Probably should have reset instance, but we didn't want to clear again.
    Last edited by Grenig; 04-28-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dezik View Post
    haha funny guys in that ssN - americans, dont cry when u are not the best

back to topic:
    trash in RoS aswell as bosses might be **** up sometimes, i am just waiting when they will fix it, coz pulling one mob and aggroing like 1924701293 from other side of instance is just ******ed ohh and the partrol "**** yeah, lets put more"
    Except we beat them to the Shard firsts. We did it legit the first time, they didn't. No crying, just me letting the exploiters know whats up

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    Except we beat them to the Shard firsts. We did it legit the first time, they didn't. No crying, just me letting the exploiters know whats up
    In other words, "not enough people stroked my epeen today, must meet minimum requirement of epeens stroked a day."

Post had nothin to do about first kill, second kill, 1000th kill, he asked if the mobs were bugged, and your obvious reply is "you deserved it, we're better than you."

Telaran

If you pick up the adds too quickly (e.g: /targetexact whatever Defiler /cast Light's Decree), they will sometimes ignore the ability to the point of not actually receiving the damage from it. Much safer to use an ability like Ragestorm (occasionally ****s up too, but is more reliable than the instant Decree).
    Last edited by Entry; 04-28-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Main Tank of

Telaran

Did herald tonight, perfect kill zero deaths. We did not have the same aggro problems as last night, and we had the same exact raid make up, no spec changes.

I think last night was bugged or something... odd.
    Last edited by Grenig; 04-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Did herald tonight, perfect kill zero deaths. We did not have the same aggro problems as last night, and we had the same exact raid make up, no spec changes.

I think last night was bugged or something... odd.
    I guess it's just karma.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast