+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T2 Rogue loot descrimination?

Shadowlander

Default T2 Rogue loot descrimination?

I'll start this by saying I'm one of unluckiest people i know but..... I've been tanking t2's daily now for 3 weeks and i have a neck piece to show for it...... our cleric healer got over 10 drops in two days, spread across 3 roles of course (and he lost a couple rolls), but this is getting ridiculous. The only leather I've seen drop is rare P.O.S that doesn't even compare to t1 epics. There's gotta be something wrong when i get full t1 epic'd out in 2 weeks and in three weeks of farming t2's ive gotten a neck piece.

I can't be that unlucky can I???? Anyone else having problems getting rogue (tanking) drops in t2's?

Plane Touched

Problem is not that there's no loot for X, it's just that there's too much of cleric ****s dropping that other items aren't dropping!
    Last edited by Fufy; 04-27-2011 at 09:06 PM.

It is just bad luck. The loot tables are balanced.

No, you're not just unlucky - rogue drops are particularly uncommon in T2 dungeons, probably to inspire the high amount of rogues to consider re-rolling.

Keep at it, though - finally getting your drops after weeks and weeks of farming the same dungeons every day is much more satisfying than having all the chain you ever wanted handed out to you in the span of several days.

noticed this too, did a lot of t2 runs in the past weeks and when some leather finally dropped, it was blue crap, the only good item that actually dropped during those runs was the abyssal hatchet, apart from that only chain/plate and alot of totems
    Last edited by Moloch; 04-28-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Run T1's/T2's all day on my Rogue, only to get nothing.
    Run 1 T2 on my warrior, bosses drop mostly all Rogue gear.

Last edited by Asidia; 04-28-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    you saw nothing
    Nadola
    <Stack on Eight>
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE

Welcome to RIFT: Casters of Telara!

It appears you have rolled a Rogue, otherwise known as a Favor Dispenser.

If you would like your stay in RIFT: Casters of Telara to be more pleasant, please reroll as a Cleric or Mage.

We have designed dungeon loot tables to favor Mage and Cleric gear.

We have also designed PVP to favor Mages and Clerics.

If you would like to continue playing a Favor Dispenser, please accept this piece of blue leather with 8 Attack Power as a token of our sympathy.

Sincerely,
    RIFT: Casters of Telara
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

I get every drop I want, everyone in my group get everything they need and I got one of each class, and everyone is so happy so it's gotta be you who is unlucky :P only thing I missing is that there is no T2 Tanking gloves at drops T.T

Shadowlander

Its just random. There are runs where you get 3 leather drops in a row and there are runs with no leather at all (using leather just as an example, you can say that with any other type of item).

If a boss drops 2 items out of a list of 10, there is a 20% chance that the item you want out of those 10 will drop. So your item drops in 1 out of 5 times. For some people it drops the first time, others get it after 20. This is the general problem with dice-roll drop chances. It is theoretically possible that a certain item does not drop within a million runs (although very unlikely).

Talking about unlucky rolls: The first glyphed item drop in our guild, I roll 96, and loose. In our last T3 run I was probably the only mage without a 480 SP staff. It took me more than a month of playing T1-3 dungeons to get an epic in each slot. Till yesterday a self crafted blue belt was better than anything I found before. Just random.

But there is a different system that is limiting the number of runs you need to get a decent item: Plaques of Achievement. You get 4-6 for a T1 and 10-16 for a T2, plus 30 per day if you do the dailies. Say, if your chest piece is crap, just go and buy a chest from the Relic vendors. Those are not the best items (compared to T2 epic drops) but they are certainly better than most T1 epics.

Or just ask an outfitter to craft (and augment) a nice item for you. The plaque-crafting items or recipe drops from dungeons are almost at T2 epic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingsan View Post
    I get every drop I want, everyone in my group get everything they need and I got one of each class, and everyone is so happy so it's gotta be you who is unlucky :P only thing I missing is that there is no T2 Tanking gloves at drops T.T
    bird from ap.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mardur View Post
    Its just random. There are runs where you get 3 leather drops in a row and there are runs with no leather at all (using leather just as an example, you can say that with any other type of item).

If a boss drops 2 items out of a list of 10, there is a 20% chance that the item you want out of those 10 will drop. So your item drops in 1 out of 5 times. For some people it drops the first time, others get it after 20. This is the general problem with dice-roll drop chances. It is theoretically possible that a certain item does not drop within a million runs (although very unlikely).

Talking about unlucky rolls: The first glyphed item drop in our guild, I roll 96, and loose. In our last T3 run I was probably the only mage without a 480 SP staff. It took me more than a month of playing T1-3 dungeons to get an epic in each slot. Till yesterday a self crafted blue belt was better than anything I found before. Just random.

But there is a different system that is limiting the number of runs you need to get a decent item: Plaques of Achievement. You get 4-6 for a T1 and 10-16 for a T2, plus 30 per day if you do the dailies. Say, if your chest piece is crap, just go and buy a chest from the Relic vendors. Those are not the best items (compared to T2 epic drops) but they are certainly better than most T1 epics.

Or just ask an outfitter to craft (and augment) a nice item for you. The plaque-crafting items or recipe drops from dungeons are almost at T2 epic level.
    Ya it seems the law of percentages is the hardest boss in the game for some. Unfortunately I've been forced into purchasing the plaque pieces to get upgrades if u can even call that poorly thought out gear set an upgrade. But that's a whole other subject in its own. It would be nice if trion could implement a better system to prevent some people from not getting rewards when they've farmed repeatedly and certainly earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbly View Post
    Unfortunately I've been forced into purchasing the plaque pieces to get upgrades if u can even call that poorly thought out gear set an upgrade.
    The Marauder's plaque pieces will be pre-raid BiS in 1.2 with the recent buffs they gave all plaque gear.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Chaser

I had a pair of Expert instances where all but 3 drops were leather...and we had no rogues.

Rift Disciple

I've been at T2 for 3 weeks now and not a single cloth piece has dropped. I run 2-T2s a day with generally the same guys/gal. In those 3 weeks, say 35 instances, all I have to show is a wand from CC and a neck from the Gedo Conclave in DD. Our clerics are geared to the teeth, and the tank gets a decent drop rate. Rogues are feeling the pain as much as us mages. I about threw my keyboard out the window when the same cleric crap kept dropping and it went straight to runebreak. I am still in 80% of my T1 gear after 3 weeks.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Steejee View Post
    I had a pair of Expert instances where all but 3 drops were leather...and we had no rogues.
    Interestingly enough what you said there happens all the time within my guild and in forum posts I've seen. Hard not to take a conspiracy theorist stance when that sort of thing seems too common place. That or irony/coincidence is just a *****.

Thanks for the post about the buffed plaque pieces in 1.2. Hope its legit and not just bumping stats by 1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast