+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T2 Rogue loot descrimination?

Shadowlander

The problem is the loot tables are too diluted. After the last loot addition it's even worse than it was. For us it's tanking plate.

For every item in the game they felt it necessary to have

1.) mage DPS
    2.) Warrior Tank
    3.) Warrior DPS
    4.) Rogue Tank
    5.) Rogue DPS
    6.) Cleric Tank
    7.) Cleric Healing
    8.) Cleric DPS

So, you can see you have a 1 in 8 chance of getting something. Now factor in 3/8th of those are cleric, and 1/8th of that is warrior DPS AP gear nobody wants, you get Clerics getting geared up quickly and mages getting the crappy end of the stick. For us it's tank plate. We rarely, if ever see tank plate.

Ironically, the end result is that a lot of the main spec callings have to buy plaque gear for all their slots, so that all the odd-specs have a chance at not buying plaque gear.

It's one of those cases where you can see Trion meant well, but failed.. again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbly View Post
    Interestingly enough what you said there happens all the time within my guild and in forum posts I've seen. Hard not to take a conspiracy theorist stance when that sort of thing seems too common place. That or irony/coincidence is just a *****.

Thanks for the post about the buffed plaque pieces in 1.2. Hope its legit and not just bumping stats by 1.
    http://unstablerift.com/?q=node/579

Some of the new pieces are on par with GSB drops, so I think more changes are forthcoming (either bumping raid loot a bit or scaling back the t2 improvements).

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Champion

This problem isn't limited to the upper tiers...this is a problem starting at the beginning. I have one of each class and have been in plenty of dungeons and rifts, and about 95% of the drops are chain/plate. Rarely, I will see a cloth or leather item (I have seen a single leather item in my whole time playing and it was a blue lvl 35 item).

I do get a decent amount of planar essences that have high dex and decent endurance so would work for my rogue, but even then they are always green and worse than what I already have on. The good news is I can runebreak all the other crap, but one item in more than one hundred hours of gameplay is ridiculous. It is raining chain/plate gear, so I guess it's not just your bad luck.

this is a common problem for me. it seems the loot tables are biases towards mail and plate. also the leather gear has horrible stats. i just do'nt understand what they are fixing. this is the main reason why some rogues are not successful

Ascendant

Purple accessories, purple DPS plate, blue leather and blue chain caster gear is my group's forte

Seriously, our tank, who never uses his dps roles, like ever, has a couple t2 dps peices of plate that had nobody else to go to, like the crit plate pants off the last boss of AP.

Then again, ive also seen two different rogues win purple tank rings and necks because the items in question had hit and they didnt look at the other stats at all (10 str, 10 dex, 18 endurance is dps gear?)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Timbly View Post
    Thanks for the post about the buffed plaque pieces in 1.2. Hope its legit and not just bumping stats by 1.
    Surely the T2 plaque items you can buy should not be better than the T2 epic drops (otherwise there would be no reason to farm T2s). The general rule should be:
    * Its easy to get decent gear within an a priori limited time frame (x raids = y plaques = 1 item to buy)
    * It is hard to get the best gear (e.g. GSB drops on a 1 week reset timer)

But some stats really need to be looked at carefully. I bought the T2 mage gloves, just to notice that the T1 plaque gloves are better (T2 have more focus but are worse in spell power/crit). And the least thing I need is more focus (I am at 250+).

About those 8 different sets of gear: A cleric tank item still has the same chance to drop as a warrior tank item. But clerics might be able to get fully equipped for all 3 roles in the same time it takes mages to get equipped in their single role. You can argue whether this is a good thing or not.

However, without providing solid numbers, everything about drop rates is just speculation, being lucky/unlucky and biased opinions. This "about 95% of the drops are chain/plate" is definitely an exaggeration.

The first time I ran xRD all but 2-3 drops were leather and I was the only rogue. Getting 4 epics in one run is pretty damn.... ...epic.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2