+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johlen bombs and cleaving

Default Johlen bombs and cleaving

If people are using cleave attacks do they cause bombs to explode the second they are dropped, or are people just making excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by donut001 View Post
    If people are using cleave attacks do they cause bombs to explode the second they are dropped, or are people just making excuses?
    Who would be using cleave attacks? Except maybe Lightning Field?

Aside from that I'm not sure, I've never seen one go off instantly in the melee group.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

pets, satyrs i think, warriors? i dunno im a cleric, i stack on the tank and never get hit either, i dont see why anyone else is
    Last edited by donut001; 04-27-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post
    Who would be using cleave attacks? Except maybe Lightning Field?

Aside from that I'm not sure, I've never seen one go off instantly in the melee group.
    Unless the bombs get electrified somehow, LF won't chain to them.

The Concussion Bombs can be DPSed down and killed. Damage will not cause them to explode (or shouldn't). The other bomb (3 rings on the ground, not pulsing) cannot be damaged, they are just timed explosions. Sounds like your raiders are just slow.
    Last edited by bluedot; 04-27-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

The timed bombs cannot be triggered by damage hence if a raider is getting blown up by a non pulsing bomb they are just bad/slow. The pulsing bombs shouldn't even be a problem, here's why: Make raiders with a pet(usually warrior) make a macro that makes them target a bomb and have their pet go trigger it making the pulsing stop making the fight 900 million times easier. It's basically a faceroll until the last phase. Even then just have all healers and caster dps hump the trees in the corner and no one ever dies save the one derp melee or whatever.

Plane Touched

You put all range on the trees in the last phase ? How do they deal with bombs on their tree ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    You put all range on the trees in the last phase ? How do they deal with bombs on their tree ?
    Stand a few meters towards the middle, stacked on top of each other. Bombs get dropped at your location, everyone backs up two steps towards the tree. Bombs detonate, you get knocked into the tree instead of out into the big wisps, then move forward a bit and repeat.

The bombs themselves don't do much damage and can easily be healed through.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 04-28-2011 at 07:33 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    I'm warrior, but from what the range have told me, there is enough room to dodge the bombs and not get into wisp range if all the range on a specific tree stack on top of each other.

As for the pulsing bombs, have BM warriors spam macro every time boss blinks. I'm sure there are more efficient ones, but the one I run is:

target Concussion Bomb
    petcast Pounce
    petcast bite

It's on my middle mouse key for easy access for this fight, and again, I just spam every time the boss blinks.

Plane Walker

Read me Read me I have the answers!

She teleports to someone and drops a bomb. Not all of them have the "orange ring" when she does this. So basically people not paying attention won't see the bomb and they just think it was an instant bomb. You can still see the bomb on the ground, but it just doesn't have the pulsing orange thing.

+ Reply to Thread