+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does "stack on her" mean?

Telaran

Default What does "stack on her" mean?

In FC, tank says stack on the ghost. What does that mean? Sorry for this stupid question. I skipped this dungeon when I leveled my 1st toon.

It means you watch what the other people do and copy them like you knew what they meant in the first place.

Telaran

In general, "stack on <blah>" means to pretend that every player and mob is a penny on a gaming board. If you're instructed to stack on the tank, or ghost, or whatever, find that person's penny and stick your penny on top of them.

(Go stand directly on whatever you're being told to stack on.)

Ascendant

So instead of asking what it meant, you just left the group?

Thank god we are getting the LFD tool, so we can get more tools like that.

Ummm they never said they left group. Calm down dude READ slowly let it sink in then reply.

As stated just stand on top of who ever your stacking on. Easiest way is just follow the healer wherever they go it's safer
    Baaaaah

no shame in asking a question mate

yea as above its bunch together
    its because some bosses function on range via a charge or lazerbeams on their head or w/e
    others have a mean frontal attack so you will have to "stack behind" to avoid it
    LOS or line of sight comes into play quite often as well
    always communicate with your group and watch the field.
    should only take 1 or 2 runs to figure them out.
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 04-27-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    who took my names!

Soulwalker

It means you encourage everyone to start group ****** the target ;)

Quote Originally Posted by escalon View Post
    It means you encourage everyone to start group ****** the target ;)
    Exactly!!

And if not on top, then you better be stacked on that boss's ***.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-27-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

It means to stand in front of Gurze. Make sure you stand there even if your tank moves him.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    So instead of asking what it meant, you just left the group?.
    WTF is this rubbish? Clearly your reading comprehension, or hair-trigger "I want to be a jerk" reaction, needs sorting out.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-28-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    It means to stand in front of Gurze. Make sure you stand there even if your tank moves him.
    This is deliberate misadvice.

Lesch will charge people. Her charge has a minimum range. So if you keep inside that minimum by keeping close to her she can't use this powerful attack.

Gurze has a cleave, a short range frontal area attack. So if you stand in front of him and close you will get hit and probably killed.

This leaves the safe spot as just behind Gurze and Lesch, quite close to them. Good luck!
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

LOL, good stuff.

Shadowlander

Asking for game terms you never heard of before is not stupid. Only the silly responses are.

For me, being new to this type of game and English as a non-native language, it was difficult to understand the terms other players are using. But I am in a guild and people can explain things to me on voice, like stack (aka hug), stacking buffs/debuffs, los, cleave (frontal cleave, rear cleave), cleanse, purge.

Stacking in positioning means, that you literally stand on/inside someone else.

You can stack on a boss (ghost in FC), on the tank (for those jumping stone/crab mobs in AP) or all ranged players stack on each other away from boss/tank (outside boss in LH).

'Stack on me' means to be on top of each other. Applies to distance based charges like Lesch in FC and especially the ninja rhino rocks in AP.

'LoS the boss' means to have an object between you and the boss that would obstruct vision. This saves you from Atrophinius Death Rite, Kalen's Icy Explosion, Calyx's Frozen Wrath, etc.

'Watch out he cleaves' means that the mob/boss has a frontal cone attack that hits everyone in front of him, not just the person he is targetting (typically the tank). That means to get away and poke the mob/boss from butt.

'Cleanse' is the defensive dispel, intended to take negative curses and effects off allied players. Caelia's Whirling Tempest and old Rictus dots are an example.

'Purge' is the offensive dispel, intended to remove positive buffs and effects off of mobs/bosses. Gronik's Reflecting Torrent, Warden Falidor's Glacial Shield, the Fire Elementals in CC, and the Shade Elementals in RD come to mind.

'Sap' is a term used in WoW referencing a rogue ability, and it's a crowd control used to disable mobs while out in combat. This is used to minimize the amount of mobs pulled and prevent tank damage.

'lay on hands' is referencing WoW (I know, I know, WoW wasn't the first). It is a Paladin's ability to heal himself to full for a 10 minute cooldown.

I'm sure there are more terms that I can think of, we MMOers pretty much speak a differentl language these days. Hope I helped!

What a pathetic reply. The guy clearly admits he's on the learning curve, comes here for advice and he gets this.

Thx to puzzlebox and all before for the clear replies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast