+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Look, It's the LFD Tool!

Thumbs up Look, It's the LFD Tool!

Rift Junkies has a few screenshots

These are their Screenshots. Again courtesy of RiftJunkies.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Look, It's the LFD Tool!-lfg1.jpg   Look, It's the LFD Tool!-lfg2_rifts.jpg  

“Oh greatest of cats, I have need of you!”

Default Xp?

Why do T1's and T2's offer XP?

I guess if anyone below 50 happens to be doing them?

I wish XP rewards would convert into Rep and Gold.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by orig View Post
    Why do T1's and T2's offer XP?

I guess if anyone below 50 happens to be doing them?

I wish XP rewards would convert into Rep and Gold.
    I get the impression it's a somewhat automatic thing - XP reward values default to a level/quest type specific value that they can change after the fact if they want. I would like to see XP converted into gold/rep but I'm not going to be particularly bummed if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Steejee View Post
    I get the impression it's a somewhat automatic thing - XP reward values default to a level/quest type specific value that they can change after the fact if they want. I would like to see XP converted into gold/rep but I'm not going to be particularly bummed if not.
    Agreed. Not a big deal if XP is not coverted. I am going to be grinding T1's with this LFD!

Telaran

Yes saw earlier ... this is very good news we(I) really needed a dungeon finder.

Cant wait for this to hit live.

Soulwalker

Do people think that healers and tanks will magically appear just because there is a LFD tool. If you have trouble finding healers/tanks the old fashioned way, you will still have that problem...

Telaran

If its cross server and I hope it is, it will help alot

And yes that problem with tanks and healer will dissapear like magic....this is the tool to fix all problems.

all hail the LFD tool

Having such a casual gaming schedule, I'm very happy to see the implementation of this tool. Hopefully it will actually help me get into / create more groups for dungeons instead of spamming the chat channels looking for people.

Good Job, Trion!!
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by orig View Post
    Agreed. Not a big deal if XP is not coverted. I am going to be grinding T1's with this LFD!
    You can only run an expert dungeon once per day. Not sure how much "grinding" you could do on T1s when you can only run them once.

Unless they changed that in 1.2 also.

As a casual player, in a small guild, I plead with you, I beg of you, I implore you...do not make the LFD Tool cross-shard. Keep the player base within our current shard.

It's a great tool for the game, it really adds to the playability, but if a cross-server/shard functionality is implemented, I fear it will ruin the game for me and possibly others.
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aarramus View Post
    As a casual player, in a small guild, I plead with you, I beg of you, I implore you...do not make the LFD Tool cross-shard. Keep the player base within our current shard.

It's a great tool for the game, it really adds to the playability, but if a cross-server/shard functionality is implemented, I fear it will ruin the game for me and possibly others.
    dude havent you heard of the server tankhealeria, its filled with players who only have tank or healer roles and refuse to ever dps. they are just beging, pleading with trion to make x-server DF so they can finally be reunited with all their terrific DPS friends they have so missed since leaving wow. finally all these people who only tank or only heal will be able to group with all these people who will only DPS. it will be like milk and cookies, or glitter and unicorns!

x-server would magically fix this and completely eliminate wait times, instant join all the time!
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Rift Disciple

its single shard only so it wont help crap on low population servers. Once again trion listens to the minority and the loudest crying voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Markn122 View Post
    its single shard only so it wont help crap on low population servers. Once again trion listens to the minority and the loudest crying voice.
    Don't worry, in another month they will have plenty of room to start combining servers, so you can get a free transfer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Don't worry, in another month they will have plenty of room to start combining servers, so you can get a free transfer.
    and in 2 months this will be made shard wide because anyone with a brain knows they're just easing all the cry babys into it by making it single shard only to start. Its getting your customers to do what you want 101 first you start slow then you hit them with how you really want the feature to work. If they make it cross shard right away maybe they wont need server merges.

Quote Originally Posted by Markn122 View Post
    But... you're on a low-population shard. How can you be the silent majority?

If your shard is so deserted that it can't sustain the system at all, what you need is a merge. Not a LFG system that makes playing in a ghost town viable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast