+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how long does each dungeon take?

Soulwalker

Default how long does each dungeon take?

i've seen posts ranking the difficulty of each T1 and T2 dungeon. But I was wondering how long on average each one takes. I understand that it varies greatly depending on the group, therefore, how would you rank the length of time it takes to complete from shortest to longest?

T1:

LH -> KB -> FC -> IT -> RotF

T2:

AP -> DD -> RD -> CC -> DSM

Might be wrong, just my guesses on length assuming no wipes.
    Adaira-Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by skyrunner620 View Post
    T1:

T2:

I would put RD as shorter than DD, other than that looks accurate (thats with taking the shortcuts past trash in RD).

Quote Originally Posted by skyrunner620 View Post
    T1:

T2:

I'd say FC is the fasted T1. and switch CC and RD. But never timed it.. only guessing here.

Shadowlander

LH by far the fastest tier 1

Ascendant

I've never felt FC is a very fast T1, tons of trash even if you take shortcuts.

Shadowlander

It also depends not only on the dungeon itself, but the people running it. First time through a dungeon will always be the longest, some taking absurd amounts of time. My first run on Expert Darkening Deeps took almost 6 hours because we wiped so much. Not just because we weren't ready for it, but because we experienced basically every glitch possible in that dungeon.

First glitch was just stupid. We decided to try the gauntlet without killing the fire lobbers up top, so what does the game decide to do? It decides to teleport ALL of the enemies above us onto the start of the gauntlet.

After that, we glitched again at the start of the gauntlet. One enemy, standing in plain sight with no objects near it at all, "No line of sight to target."

Other than that it was glitched pulls, glitched spider burrows(we hit the first one once, and wiped because it somehow pulled all the enemies in the room, but when we got back there the burrow had spawned all of its spiders even though no one was attacking it).

Even Scarn was glitched. One party member got hit with the tail swipe even though he was standing at Scarn's front leg. Scarn one-shotting the healers by first hitting the tank with his fire breathing, then quick switching to the healers, and then back to the tank. At one point he was flying around and when he landed, our entire party died for no reason, just because he landed. At one point he stopped getting up to fly away, but only when the tank was the only person left, and he didn't have his heal up. The last time when we finally killed him, for the duration of his first on-ground time, he was angled with his head stuck in the ground. Not to mention the fireballs that are literally impossible to dodge(very few, but still annoying).

Rift Disciple

Based on the crazy expert dungeon achievements we should be able to run them all in under 40 minutes each!

T1 and T2 take a few hours to learn. 3-6 depending on gear and guides. Maybe a little shorter if you're an MMO veteran.

On farm:

T1 take ~45 minutes with some being shorter if you know shortcuts like FC/KB or where to double sap like IT

T2 take ~1 hour to 1:15 with DSM taking a little long than that depending on what trash you skip/sap around. RD is pretty short if you keep moving. DD is pretty short if you know how to skip a lot of the ramp trash. AP and CC can both be aoe'd through if you're ~full T2 geared and competent.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus0014 View Post
    Based on the crazy expert dungeon achievements we should be able to run them all in under 40 minutes each!
    The only really difficult speed achievement is DSM because you have to be really good at navigating around trash using double saps from what I understand. I have most of the speed achievements, but I'd have to log in to confirm the T2 ones. They're not hard if you learn the shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I've never felt FC is a very fast T1, tons of trash even if you take shortcuts.
    You can skip a majority of the trash if you're even moderately good at platforming.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-27-2011 at 12:14 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread