+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out the new T2 plaque gear on Alpha - Why raid?

Default Check out the new T2 plaque gear on Alpha - Why raid?

"Expert Dungeon Plaque of Achievement items have all received a power upgrade."

I checked, some of my raid set items are a laughable 1-2 stats higher then a T2 version. On many, if you remove +END as a factor (for DPS) you will find the T2 gear is actually more DPS then raid set items.

I really want to cross my fingers and hope this means they are buffing the raid sets soon. Otherwise the point of raiding will be pretty much weapon only.

It's not equivalent to RoS Gear at all. It's just there to help bad guilds and players finally be able to down Greenscale.

Then they will probably do this again When Hammerknell comes out and other bad guilds are stuck on RoS.

Its Trions way of giving the 30% ICC Buff WoW gave to people. They just chose to upgrade the gear

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

They need to buff the t2, badly. The exact problem you were complaining about happening between t2 and raid equip was happening between t1 and t2. Some classes it wasnt even worth bothering. One of the reasons you see so many minor catalysts on the market is because most mages spend their dungeon plaques on minor cats to make money because the tier gear is absolute garbage for them.

For me as a warrior tank, the ONLY reason for me to get t2 is because of the additional toughness. The extra armor is nice, but stat wise like you said, the most i can hope for is a few more endurance. Otherwise everything else a side grade. Oh it has 2 more str, but 1 less dex, and instead of 13 parry its 20 block. Etc etc.

I hope you're right though about a buff to raid gear coming, there needs to be just more stat diferences between t1/t2 and raid gear

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    It's not equivalent to RoS Gear at all. It's just there to help bad guilds and players finally be able to down Greenscale.

Then they will probably do this again When Hammerknell comes out and other bad guilds are stuck on RoS.

Its Trions way of giving the 30% ICC Buff WoW gave to people. They just chose to upgrade the gear
    T2 Plate DPS shoulders:
    23 Str
    15 Dex
    13 End
    7 AP
    15 Crit
    ----------
    60 (73 if you count End)

T3 Set Plate DPS shoulders:
    24 Str
    16 Dex
    18 End
    12 AP
    ----------
    52 (70 if you count End)

Pretty sure that means it's more then equivalent. It's better.

Soulwalker

The raid tier isnt very good vero. Even the rogue gear on live is more of a sidegrade from the tier2 token stuff. If they buff the token stuff the tier 3 will probably be worse in most instances except for endurance.

I think they're making room in the current itemization for a 10man tier between T2 and Raid 1. They'll probably buff Raid 1 as well.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

What, so the 4 weeks I spent mindlessly grinding the same dungeons every single day just so I could get my drops are now completely negated since the T2 plaque items are even better?

Why even bother running dungeons now?

If Trion does this, they'll have to buff T2 drops and raid drops even further to compensate. There is absolutely NO way plaque gear should be better than dungeon drops.

Otherwise I'll just spend my 600-odd plaques on all of the T2 equips and never touch a dungeon again.

Then I'll have nothing to do other than logging on for raids. Good job removing content, trion!
    Last edited by nand chan; 04-26-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

If all this is true then they had better buff the T2 Drop gear to be a tiny bit better than the plaque stuff.

And they damned well better buff the raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    If all this is true then they had better buff the T2 Drop gear to be a tiny bit better than the plaque stuff.

And they damned well better buff the raid gear.
    It's just a shame since I sold all of my plaque gear to the vendors whenever I finally got the drops to replace them.

If they decide to pull a Blizzard and make plaque gear better than actual drops, they had better well give me back the thousand plaques I already sold due to the gear being ****.

Plane Walker

Vero as a Cleric I'm very surprised you would say that. Our T3 is terrible for DPS and just slightly better as healing. Crafted gear is better than T3 and the only saving grace on raid gear are the new T3equiv drops.

Our chain tear has pretty much same stats as some of the cloth, but then cloth has an added bonus of some + crit.

Speaking of which, anybody care to post some stats, so we know what to expect? (Shoulders / Chest / Legs or something)
    Last edited by nand chan; 04-26-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Plane Walker

Sure what class?

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    Sure what class?
    I'd appreciate DPS Leather myself.

Plane Walker

Okay not too familiar on it versus live stats. Some of the gear itself didn't change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I think they're making room in the current itemization for a 10man tier between T2 and Raid 1. They'll probably buff Raid 1 as well.
    Oh god I hope so. Tiered itemization is currently poor at best. The only reason I need any T3 chain gear is to re-balance my focus numbers to maintain 200 when I get some new GS weapons. Otherwise, it's basically all junk compared to a combination of T1 token gear and T2 dungeon drops.

I still enjoy doing the content, which is the driver for me. If all I cared about was gear progression, I definitely would've lost interest a long time ago though.

The current Rift itemization issues remind me a lot of WoW:TBC. It'll get fixed, but it shouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-26-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast