+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince Hylas

Rift Disciple

Default Prince Hylas

Healers: We require enough healing to be able to keep our tanks up as well as raid wide heals. Hylas should be set as the focus target so you will know when Soul Fracture (4.5K + 1.5K damage raid wide) and Polymorph are about to happen. Raid members should be topped off on health prior to Soul Fracture occurring. Avoid Hylas's Wrath ability if you are too close to him.

Inquisitors and Justicars watch your Righteous Mandate target and be preparted to span Doctrine of Righteousness when needed.

Chloromancers should be using flourish when needed for raid heals.

Clerics should only need to Healing Communion with themselves targeted 1x or 2x max per Soul Fracture, as a safeguard against them dying.

Bards assist healing as needed.

MT and OT clerics should be Warden/Sentinel for HoT if polymorphed, Glassy Reflection to mitigate damage, Orbs of the Stream on themselves.

Healers will discuss a battle res order prior to encounter and use at their discretion.

DPS: DO NOT MAKE CARELESS MISTAKES (getting hit by bombs which are easily avoided etc). Also, DPS with pets, if you send your pet on Hylas you MUST PUT YOUR PET ON PASSIVE and have it follow you away from Hylas before he uses Wrath or your pet will die. When he finishes Wrath place pet back to aggressive to continue damage. This requiers constant concentration throughout the fight but to ensure maximum DPS during the encoutner, it must be done.

General Raid:

There should be sufficient spread throughout the raid to avoid contaminating other raid members with polymorph. Healers will be polymorphed also so do not run near healers if you have the blue polymorph circle around your feet. You only have a few seconds to distance yourself from party members.

The raid MUST AVOID the BOMBS which are easily identified by a red circle on the ground beneath the player. As soon as the circle appears, immediately leave or you will suffer 1.5-2k damage + knockback and it makes the healers jobs unnecessarily hard. If you are having difficulty due to frame rates from the amount of chaos, please reduce your graphic settings to bare minimum for this encounter to assist with frame rates.

PHASE 1:

When the main tank begins to move towards Hylas, all memebers should take their positions.

DPS will burst damage on Hylas for 15 seconds. Hylas will then emote for wrath ability. DPS will then move away from Hylas at this point and shift focus to Duke who will be picked up by Offtank #1. Infiltrator will be picked up by Offtank #2 and brought to the right side of the group.

Infiltrator will randomly charge a player and apply poison to them.

Duke will be kited in a counter clockwise motion by Offtank #1 around the outside of the group. Melee will follow closely behind Duke attacking his rear, avoiding bombs and avoiding the poison trail (stacking for 1.5K damage per tick at full stack) he leaves in his wake as they appear.

Offtank #2 will be tanking Infiltrator to the right side of the group. Duke will drop close to where Infiltrator is positioned. When Duke drops, Offtank #1 will pick up Oracle. DPS will take a return path along the bottom of the group to avoid crossing through healers etc, and they will then focus damage on Oracle who will be tanked by Offtank #1 on the left side of the group.

Oracle will randomly hit players with Spiritual Wrath for for ~ 1.4K damage and spam life bolts on the tank.

There will be continual Polymorphs and Soul Fractures and Bombs occurring periodically throughout this so watch your footwork.

When Oracle has dropped, DPS will shift focus to Infiltrator until dead.

Group will then focus all damage towards Hylas. Melee DPS will avoid Wrath whenever Hylas uses it and reengage him after. Don't forget to swith pets from Aggressive/Passive/Aggressive.

Watch for Bombs and healers will be topping up raid health for Soul Fracture.

PHASE 2:

When Hylas is down to 10% health, he will shield himself and polymorph the entire raid at which point we return to the beginning. Everybody is going to hug the wall and follow the offtank who will be picking up the wolves along the way. We need to move fast as a unit behind the Offtank allowing him to pick up the wolves. Once we return to the encounter, DPS will give it everything they have to Hylas who will still be in shield and channeling healing to himself. We need to break the shield fast.

PHASE 3:

There will be Treants spawning during this who will pull people in an AoE damage them. We can only have as many treants as we have Offtanks (likely 1 as the other will be busy with wolves) so we need to kill Hylas fast! Wolves will also be offtanked and will randomly charge players and stun them (bad for avoiding Bombs!)
    Hylas will be using all of his abilities during this phase (Soul Fracture, Wrath, Polymorph, Bombs).

Hylas will gain a stacking buff that will increase his speed and damage (1 stack per 10 seconds). At 9 stacks, raid is wiped. We have 1:30 seconds to kill him when his shield is down.

Good luck!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SecretSumo View Post
    Glassy Reflection to mitigate
    Glassy Reflection reflects what, Soul Fratuce?

I read parts of this post, it all came across in this odd voice that was pronouncing everything perfectly yet yelling at the same time.

It also makes me feel that somehow, the forums, are about to raid Hylas.

Go team?

Everyone in this room is now dumber for having to read this.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Rift Disciple

Visual

Prince Hylas-hylas-strategy.jpg
    Last edited by SecretSumo; 04-26-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    Everyone in this room is now dumber for having to read this.
    Good thing I didn't finish reading it. Stopped after the first several sentences, in fact.
    Last edited by nand chan; 04-26-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretSumo View Post

Chloromancers should be using flourish when needed for raid heals.
    Oh, so that's when I'm supposed to use flourish!!
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

+ Reply to Thread