+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Trion don't miss the boat, dungeon mechanics!!

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Mocotriste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default Trion don't miss the boat, dungeon mechanics!!

    Just watched trailer for WoW 4.1 and looks like they're upping the ante in dungeon mechanics...looks so fun!!

    To me THAT is the future of MMOs...Blizzard started heading that direction in Cata, now with the new ZG dungeons they seem to be embracing lots of movement and some arcade style mechanics.

    I say, BRING IT ON TRION, go hog wild, add jumping, moving, dodging all that <bleep> to the dungeons and keep them dynamic, fast and FUN.

    'nuff said?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mocotriste View Post
    Just watched trailer for WoW 4.1 and looks like they're upping the ante in dungeon mechanics...looks so fun!!

    To me THAT is the future of MMOs...Blizzard started heading that direction in Cata, now with the new ZG dungeons they seem to be embracing lots of movement and some arcade style mechanics.

    I say, BRING IT ON TRION, go hog wild, add jumping, moving, dodging all that <bleep> to the dungeons and keep them dynamic, fast and FUN.

    'nuff said?
    This isn't Blizzard? Maybe Trion can actually think for themselves and not take everything from WoW?
    'nuff said?

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    This isn't Blizzard? Maybe Trion can actually think for themselves and not take everything from WoW?
    'nuff said?
    Um.....You have played Rift right?

    You saw them literally admit to taking stuff from other games.

    You have seen everything they have taken from WoW right?

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Dazee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconiss View Post
    Um.....You have played Rift right?

    You saw them literally admit to taking stuff from other games.

    You have seen everything they have taken from WoW right?
    Did you see all the stuff Wow took from all the other MMO's before it? Get real!


    Nerf PAPER,
    SCISSORS are fine.

    Signed,
    ROCK

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Nuff said, Not really?

    DDO has had jumping, dodging etc in dungeons since it launched, console games forever, whats wrong with adding stuff like that here?

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Mocotriste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Hey, stay on topic ffs, trying to be constructive...

    Thanks for NOT trolling

  7. #7
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconiss View Post
    Um.....You have played Rift right?

    You saw them literally admit to taking stuff from other games.

    You have seen everything they have taken from WoW right?
    Hence why I said not everything. read please

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Rhinoplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mocotriste View Post
    Just watched trailer for WoW 4.1 and looks like they're upping the ante in dungeon mechanics...looks so fun!!

    To me THAT is the future of MMOs...Blizzard started heading that direction in Cata, now with the new ZG dungeons they seem to be embracing lots of movement and some arcade style mechanics.

    I say, BRING IT ON TRION, go hog wild, add jumping, moving, dodging all that <bleep> to the dungeons and keep them dynamic, fast and FUN.

    'nuff said?
    The future of MMOs being dugeons - that makes me want to throw up. Why do so many players want the treadmill, when you could have open world PvP that actually matters. I hope Trion will not go the route of WoW and will make something fresh in the open world environment. They have enough Dungeons to last players for the next 20 years IMO.
    The best End Game is always player created and never dev scripted

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazee View Post
    Did you see all the stuff Wow took from all the other MMO's before it? Get real!
    I am being real lol

    Not at all saying WoW never copied other MMO's. I was replying to the guy I quoted and what he had said.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
    The future of MMOs being dugeons - that makes me want to throw up. Why do so many players want the treadmill, when you could have open world PvP that actually matters. I hope Trion will not go the route of WoW and will make something fresh in the open world environment. They have enough Dungeons to last players for the next 20 years IMO.
    lol, they should have just called this game Dungeon.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Mocotriste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Man you guys really need to lighten up...so quick to want to bite something.

    I didn't mean to imply MMO = Dungeon...but that facet of MMO needs more mechanics...

  12. #12
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Sorry but the whole, but WoW has this or WoW does that is getting really lame. If WoW has what you like, and this is just a question, why are you not playing it?

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Mocotriste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    If I saw a feature in an iPhone app I liked I'd pass it on too...

    srs lighten up and use your brain a bit more creatively...?

  14. #14
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mocotriste View Post
    If I saw a feature in an iPhone app I liked I'd pass it on too...

    srs lighten up and use your brain a bit more creatively...?
    Yes because seeing something used on something else and asking for it to be implemented is being creative?

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Mocotriste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Aside from the trolls, thanks for the read Trion, looking forward to more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts