+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T2 dungeon nerfs inevitable?

Default T2 dungeon nerfs inevitable?

Please be gentle with the impending dungeon nerfs - many of the disgruntled former WoW players that thought Cataclysm heroic content was too difficult or time consuming are sure to seize up a wheel bearing for Rift T2 content, which is probably even more demanding.

Many have spent more time playing MMOs than their current professional career, so you aren't going to be able to appease them with any level of complexity - they're jaded "pro" players. On the flip side, you're going to have less dedicated players that will not be able to complete T2 dungeons without altering their soul combinations or simply getting better at the game.

Once your game is branded as easy mode, there isn't much going back. Some people think it's already too simplistic, but I think you've nailed the difficulty on the head. Please keep the content challenging, commensurate to the "expert" level 2 naming and reward quality.

Plane Touched

agreed, it shouldnt be easy-mode. However a lot of the changes are bug-fixes, and some are even going to make encounters more difficult. I just ran CC last night, so I'll use that as an example:

-Second to last boss, we can no longer stand on the rocks to let the death-lightning pass. It will now be a dps race, being harder.

-Last boss, she bugs outs appearing to cast lightning in different directions. The spell effects on anything but "low quality rendering" make it very difficult to see the add and the direction she is facing. So the changes should make this encounter not easier, but less frustrating, much less.

The reduction of mobs in expert will not make it easier. The reduction in HP might, but poor healing and tanking will still result in deaths, it just wont take as long to bring them down.

...just a few thoughts on this. -Rav

Bug fixes are great - there are plenty that artificially increase the difficulty of a few fights, but I'm expecting a whole new level of complaining after the LFG tool starts combining players of wildly varying MMO experience.

I just don't want to level my alts through sleepy-time Candyland. I enjoy putting forth some effort to clear an "expert" dungeon.

Add one boss somewhere... that is completely and totally unbeatable, with some ridiculous item drop. I want that, for the people who down him eventually.

Nerf PAPER,
    SCISSORS are fine.

Signed,
    ROCK

Rift Disciple

'pro' lol...i laugh when i hear words like this being used in a mmorpg...pro losers in moms basement maybe.....
    Last edited by Alixtar; 04-26-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Plane Touched

I already find the game/duingeons to be amazingly easy... With the new nerfs, its going to make it even worse. Just my thoughts though.

I agree, by all means fix the bugs but do NOT nerf tier 2 expert dungeons. I play games for a challenge, not to faceroll my way to gear. I'll use Scarn as an example - when we downed him we didn't realize he was bugged and good grief he was a pain but when we FINALLY downed him we all had that sense of 'hell yes we just fought a dragon and won' feeling...it was awesome. If you take that away...many sad pandas will be incoming.

Umm... lol? Really? Who said the Cata dungeons were hard?

The wow players I know quit with Cata because it's too easy (heroics and raids) and boring, not enough new / interesting mechanics really (or content). They got bored with it (myself included).

What is with this WoWphobia? Just stop already. People who left WoW/ EQ/ LotR/ Aion etc and came to play Rift months ago and stayed are obviously having fun here and chances are the Wrath babies went back to WoW as Rift content is more challenging than Wrath was - people like you OP sound stupid to keep bashing on ex-wow players all the time.

I'd say around now we are all Rift players and pointing fingers at a group of people who simply played a particular MMO at some point (the vast majority of Rift players played wow at some point as well) is weird.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazee View Post
    Add one boss somewhere... that is completely and totally unbeatable, with some ridiculous item drop. I want that, for the people who down him eventually.
    Nah, he should drop a cloth cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    Lots of people. Mostly a couple of specific fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post

The wow players I know quit with Cata because it's too easy (heroics and raids) and boring, not enough new / interesting mechanics really (or content). They got bored with it (myself included).

What is with this WoWphobia? Just stop already. People who left WoW/ EQ/ LotR/ Aion etc and came to play Rift months ago and stayed are obviously having fun here and chances are the Wrath babies went back to WoW as Rift content is more challenging than Wrath was - people like you OP sound stupid to keep bashing on ex-wow players all the time.

I'd say around now we are all Rift players and pointing fingers at a group of people who simply played a particular MMO at some point (the vast majority of Rift players played wow at some point as well) is weird.
    No, they are still here, most of whom are the ones stomping their feet and screaming for the LFD feature, after which they will then stomp their feet and scream their demands for something like GS,(which is already happening) after which they will then stomp their feet and scream their demands to make the dungeons more "user friendly" ..and in the end we will in fact be back in azeroth.

Kinda makes a person wonder why they left their original game in the first place.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    No, they are still here, most of whom are the ones stomping their feet and screaming for the LFD feature, after which they will then stomp their feet and scream their demands for something like GS,(which is already happening) after which they will then stomp their feet and scream their demands to make the dungeons more "user friendly" ..and in the end we will in fact be back in azeroth.

Kinda makes a person wonder why they left their original game in the first place.
    I hear Hard Mode Raids in Cata are some of the hardest content ever created for an MMO...

Also... I seriously doubt an LFD tool is going to suddenly swing everything to being back in Azeroth... not even the beginning... people want this because subscriber rates are plummeting and on some shards, you can't even find a group AT ALL...

I have a main that I've abandoned on Nyx that has full t1/t2, mostly t2... I gave up on Nyx after spending multiple nights trying to get A SINGLE GROUP together...

So now I rerolled on a new shard and I must say... it's like a completely different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post

I assume you never played wow.

WoW is a HUGE game (sadly) made up of a lot of people - the way you are generalising is the same as someone saying "All Americans are dumb" or "All white people in Africa are racist"

It's a gross generalisation andI promise you it isn't only WoW players that want those features. Heck the LFG tool didn't even originate in WoW.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Please be gentle with the impending dungeon nerfs - many of the disgruntled former WoW players that thought Cataclysm heroic content was too difficult or time consuming are sure to seize up a wheel bearing for Rift T2 content, which is probably even more demanding.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp1TA...layer_embedded

0 Bugs/exploits involved. Cataclysm is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Many have spent more time playing MMOs than their current professional career
    This is so true at least for me, good point.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dazee View Post
    Keraphym, The Sleeper...
    Sleepers Tomb
    EQ1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast