+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Simple Solution to the Dungeon Finder,

Telaran

Default A Simple Solution to the Dungeon Finder,

First off, I have no problems finding a good PUG or guildies to run with. I always felt people who play (paying customers) shouldn't be left in the dark when it comes to experiencing the content that they pay for.

With that said, I think the biggest concern for when adding a DF is people who want to ride on the "coattails" of others wither it's intentional or simply them not understanding the requirements is anyone's guess. With that said, I think the simple solution would be to add requirements into the DF. For example if I was tanking and only had a 50 toughness and I tried to join a T2 instance a block would be put on it and a simple message of "Requirements not met. 100 Toughness is recommended for this Tier.", this would put everyone on the same page and allow people who simply do not know what to gear for a sense of direction. It would also help ease the fear of people being grouped up with randoms who are not ready for the run.

What do you guys think?

am going to que up as a healer, make good use of my warrior heal spec woot!

Default I Like it.

I like the idea. I like it so much I assumed they are going to add it into the LFD tool, so i never thought to bring it up.

Good thing you mentioned it. Hmmm I wander if the LFD tool is live on Alpha?

“Oh greatest of cats, I have need of you!”

Rift Disciple

I think they should make it exactly like WoW's... because as we know the LFG tool in WoW is universally loved and praised by all as a fantastic step forward in the annals of gaming history.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Typhaon View Post
    I think they should make it exactly like WoW's... because as we know the LFG tool in WoW is universally loved and praised by all as a fantastic step forward in the annals of gaming history.
    I take it that's sarcasm? I don't know how WoW's is set up since I had long stopped playing before it came out.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalBill665 View Post
    I take it that's sarcasm? I don't know how WoW's is set up since I had long stopped playing before it came out.
    The Dungeon Finder in WoW is the pinnacle of gaming excellence. I can kick an underperformer and replace them with just a click. I hope for the same in Rift (not sarcasm).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eubanks View Post
    The Dungeon Finder in WoW is the pinnacle of gaming excellence. I can kick an underperformer and replace them with just a click. I hope for the same in Rift (not sarcasm).
    Aww, I see. Well that's find a dandy but with the checks in place, I wouldn't think you'll have to kick anyone unless they just didn't try or were extremely bad.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalBill665 View Post
    Aww, I see. Well that's find a dandy but with the checks in place, I wouldn't think you'll have to kick anyone unless they just didn't try or were extremely bad.
    You'd be amazed how many people in T2 gear pull 300 dps on Gnarlwood.

+ Reply to Thread