+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RoS difficulty

Plane Touched

Default RoS difficulty

My guild is currently moving into GSB, with our first attempt on Hylas planned for tonight.
    We're considering going on RoS a night a week to try it out and learn the strats, but i'm wandering if it's really a good idea for a guild that didnt kill GS yet.
    Is the difficulty higher than GS ?
    Is there a set order to kill the bosses or can some be done in any order ? In that case, what are the ones we should try first ?
    I've read some strats and seen some vids, but it's really hard to tell if it's in our scope or not.

Rea

first 3 in GSB and first in RoS are pretty much the same difficult
    plutonus is doable if you bring at least 13k rdps
    gaurath is harder then greenscale
    hylas is around plutonus
    RoS trash is annoying, but drops quite some t3 weapons
    Last edited by Rea; 04-26-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Plane Touched

The 13K dps on plutonus is similar to what you need on Johlen's bombs but on a longer fight no ?

Warmaster and Plutonus are easy if you have the dps and the ability to stop pressing buttons on cue. Only other thing is that unlike GSB trash, RoS trash can wipe you if you're not careful with your pulls.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    My guild is currently moving into GSB, with our first attempt on Hylas planned for tonight.
    We're considering going on RoS a night a week to try it out and learn the strats, but i'm wandering if it's really a good idea for a guild that didnt kill GS yet.
    Is the difficulty higher than GS ?
    Is there a set order to kill the bosses or can some be done in any order ? In that case, what are the ones we should try first ?
    I've read some strats and seen some vids, but it's really hard to tell if it's in our scope or not.
    I'm glad you asked this because I was going to post the same question today. My guild is in a similar situation: we just killed Hylas and are struggling on Greenscale. People have been suggesting moving into RoS for at least the first boss just to get more drops this week before the reset, but other people said it's a bad idea to attempt RoS at all until Greenscale is dead.

Rea

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    The 13K dps on plutonus is similar to what you need on Johlen's bombs but on a longer fight no ?
    around 13k rdps over the whole fight, in addition to using CD/raidpots/banner at the 10% phase without anyone permanently dying

its just rough math, we are killing him with over 18k dps in 5:06min, you'll probably take around 6:20min
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Plane Touched

Thanks for the informations

When you say rdps, are you really intending to mean Ranged DPS? Because that seems like they are pushing raids more and more away from Warriors doing anything beyond tanking and off tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    When you say rdps, are you really intending to mean Ranged DPS? Because that seems like they are pushing raids more and more away from Warriors doing anything beyond tanking and off tanking.
    Raid DPS, not Ranged DPS. Your raid needs to hit a certain overall DPS number in order to beat an enrage timer, bomb, etc.

Plutonus and Warmaster are both pretty melee-friendly.

Oh, and as far as RoS trash difficulty... None of the stationary packs of mobs are linked. Have fun.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 04-26-2011 at 08:30 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Warmaster and Plutonus are easy if you have the dps and the ability to stop pressing buttons on cue. Only other thing is that unlike GSB trash, RoS trash can wipe you if you're not careful with your pulls.
    That's a big assumption for some people.

Like other's have said, the trash is equivlent to T2. If you pull correctly and sap/squirrel correctly, it's not hard once you figure out all the mechanics. Mid-GS geared players could clear the trash as a 10-man.

I can't speak for the bosses yet though.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-26-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread