+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of mage gear

Shadowlander

Default Lack of mage gear

Trion, please take a look at the loot tables and make the drop rates equal for all 4 classes, thanks. It is frustrating to play a game when your class only gets 10% of all the possible loot in a game that is, well, all about loot.

Telaran

Random loot is random.
    I'm tanking Greenscale in vendor gear due to "randomness".

Shadowlander

lack of mage gear.......... seriously what planet you from :P

Mage/Cleric gear drops the most. then Plate dps/rogue

Only gear than needs more drop rate is tanking gear tbh , But since The 100+ new item patch, all i see is tanking rogue and cleric stuff lol

But seriously , geared up 2 mages in the last week to full t2 epic. from dinging lvl 50 .

Default are u serious?

Me and my guild have run probably 20 expert dungeons and me and the other warrior have yet to find even one epic item for tanking or dps. Haven't seen one piece of plate armor or 2h weapon... however the stormcaller we run with and the chloro are completely stacked from the nonstop cloth and caster jewelry staffs and totems that drop. It is seriously ridiculous and after that it seems to be chain drops a lot too. So me and the other warrior have to rely on plaques for our gear because warrior gear DOES NOT drop...

Soulwalker

The some of the best Mage gear in the game prior to the end bosses of T2 or raid drops/gear is crafted gear anyway. Daggers, off hands things like that you can find, but the crafted gear is really nice. As far as Warriors and Rogues getting gear drops. Well they should they totally got hosed on the crafted side of the house.

Even for Clerics you see them runing around in mage gear.

Shadowlander

Logically, Mage gear SHOULD drop the least.

Mage: Dps Set
    Cleric: Caster Set/Tank Set
    Rogue: Dps Set/Tank Set
    Warrior: Dps Set/Tank Set

Sure that's the simplified version, you could always go into detail focusing on certain stats for different fights, but they still end up needing less gear than the other 3 roles.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Canar View Post
    lack of mage gear.......... seriously what planet you from :P

Mage/Cleric gear drops the most. then Plate dps/rogue

Only gear than needs more drop rate is tanking gear tbh , But since The 100+ new item patch, all i see is tanking rogue and cleric stuff lol

But seriously , geared up 2 mages in the last week to full t2 epic. from dinging lvl 50 .
    In your experience that's what happens. From my experience, 90% of the equipment that drops is Warrior gear. Rarely does a mage item drop, and thus when it does, two-three people roll need on it, and I ALWAYS lose need rolls.

Perhaps you are doing the wrong dungeons? The item tables are balanced over the whole game so some dungeons have less gear for certain classes. Expert AP and CC have a lot of mage gear.

Ascendant

Scarn is an awesome boss for mages

I am no longer using a blue lvl 50 caster sword.

as far as armor goes? crafted gear beats most of the stuff anyways...

This is nothing but a perception. I'm sure that the stats don't bear out your claims. It always seems like whatever character I'm on, that's the gear that doesn't drop. However, if there is another member in the group that can also use the gear, it will drop a lot and I will lose every roll.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

+ Reply to Thread