+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RD Rictus and others

Soulwalker

Default RD Rictus and others

Ok this is getting stupid now.

Tonight we went to t2 RD and could not get past Rictus, why? because the ground aoe spell he targets on a player could not be seen by all, all of the group have full detail up so its not a hardware problem, this meant that we had wipe after wipe and gave up in the end, we had another problem in DD last night where the fight mechanic broke and made it impossibe to complete.

I have to say that general bugs while annoying can be put up with but bugs like this that have been going on for some time are making it pointless even trying to do t2, its strange as it does only seem to be t2 thats a problem.

Please sort out these most basic problems first and sort the minor bugs after.

thx

Banned

Yea its a huge pain in the ***, you just really need to pay attention and see if you're taking damage for apparently no reason which would be that aoe.

Ascendant

You can see when he is casting the aoe, about 1 second after if you're taking damage move, or just move anyway after he casts it.

Soulwalker

I agree you could work around it but you should'nt have to, our healer was having the biggest problem, he was moving as soon as he saw damage on himself but where ever he moved to the damage was still there.

It should be sorted, it is a core part of the game, I don't want to go to an instance only to get nowhere because its broken.

These types of bug should be fixed before minor sound issues, or minor gfx bugs tbh.

Anyway I don't want to bang on about it anymore, just stating my frustration.

Ascendant

I agree its a bug and I agree it should be fixed, just stating the work around for it in the mean time.

right before he ends casting rotten flesh youll see the target which he casts it on for a split second, so move away asap if it is on anyone besides the tank, i agree its annoying, but more annoying when he casts the aoe on the tank and then instantly pulls everyone into it
    Last edited by Moloch; 04-25-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Champion of Telara

relogging fixes this issue but yeah its annoying
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    Not always. Personally, I just hate RD as a whole...All of the bosses are a pain, especially considering RD was supposed to be the entry-level t2.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    Relogging works until it happens again, which is about 3 casts later. This bug (and horrible collision detection) were all over Warhammer, which also used the Gamebryo engine, and it's time for someone to step up and fix it, as it really ruins a fine game.

You can skip Rictus. You don't get credit for completing the dungeon but you get credit for your daily. Not that this is a good solution but I had to do it once.

Telaran

Its just fckin Pathetic that the invisible sht is STILL not fixed. Test this Crap before you put it live ffs....

Telaran

We had the same problem yesterday.

I saw that they will nerf its damage in the next patch but just fixing this bug will be enough imo.

Thing is, I've always wondered is how can a Robot give you Rotting Flesh?
    I mean:

Caelia (CC last boss w/e) has lighting, okay well that's alright.
    Scarn has fire, well he is red dragon after all.
    Three Kings IT, Cleric has Cleric abilities(Heals), Warrior has Warrior abilities(Cleave), Mage has Mage abilities(Casting).
    Smouldaron has AoE fire, he is a fire creature after all.
    Sparkwing...has...sparks?
    Robot can rot my flesh. wat.

I don't know, just seems weird to me.

I would rather just have the whole fight revamped.
    Instead of all the benches/mini walls and the gazebo, just remove it all and make it flat.
    Remove his 'Rotting Flesh' skill and make his pull-in and Melee AoE do much more damage.
    Maybe add a new skill (like Totek in IT) that he smashes the ground and a spike(s) follow's the group member, or all of the group? (Kill in 1 shot)
    Just make it a moderately/heavy mobile/damage intensive fight.

Then again, you can just ignore all this and fix the graphic bug, that's the real sucka here.
    Last edited by Asidia; 04-28-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    you saw nothing
    Nadola
    <Stack on Eight>
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE

Plane Touched

My group hasn't even tried RD again. Every time we got close, the circles would bug out for half the group. I don't think we will until we see a patch note fixing it. (Though we may go back and just skip him)
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Asidia View Post
    Thing is, I've always wondered is how can a Robot give you Rotting Flesh?
    The "robot" is infected with death energy (noticed the death rift and Alsbeth at the end at Eliam the Corrupted?). So it is using death magic. And death magic is, guess what?, rotting your flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Asidia View Post
    I would rather just have the whole fight revamped.
    Instead of all the benches/mini walls and the gazebo, just remove it all and make it flat.
    Remove his 'Rotting Flesh' skill and make his pull-in and Melee AoE do much more damage.
    Maybe add a new skill (like Totek in IT) that he smashes the ground and a spike(s) follow's the group member, or all of the group? (Kill in 1 shot)
    Just make it a moderately/heavy mobile/damage intensive fight.
    The fight is fine as it is. The obstacles in the boss area make it more interesting:
    * preventing to get pulled, while maintaining line of sight
    * forced to move away by ground effects
    * stay in the open or search for the next non-aoe'd safe spot

And Totek? That's not an interesting fight, it is absolutely trivial and boring. All ranged and healers can be immobile just using any spell they want, with a low damage interrupt maybe once in the fight. Just the tank is having some "fun" by moving away once in a while.

I agree that the invisible-aoe bug has to be fixed. I also agree that Rictus is a difficult boss (IMO the most difficult in the instance).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast