+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T1 and T2

Default T1 and T2

Hey, I'm leading a relatively new guild whose core players are at 50 or will soon be. From what I've read it seems that for T1 instances you need a minimum of 50 hit/focus/toughness to be able to effectively do them. T2 needs 100 minimum of the same stats.

I've told all of my minions to get decorated with Mathos in order to buy and equip two of the +20 hit/focus/toughness rings so they will have a good start towards the 50 minimum.

I think I have all the basics covered, however I am wondering whether normal AP and CC gear be good enough to get us into T1s? If not, is there some other grind I am as yet unaware of that we will need to embark on in order to get gear good enough to survive T1 dungeons?

Many thanks to the greater Rift community for the help in advance .

Telaran

As long as your tank has decent gear, you should be able to get through t1's. Obviously the better gear you have going in, the easier things will be, but if your tank cannot take hits, you will struggle alot. Make sure your tank has toughness for sure.

As a healer, I had little trouble healing t1's in blues and greens from levelling, but we had a good tank to start with. There really aren't any DPS checks in the t1's, so as long as your group can handle the various fight mechanics, dps gear shouldn't be an issue (as long as you have some hit/focus)

I've found IT and FC to be the easiest, with KB to be on the harder end. Lantern Hook can go either way, it all depends on how your group handles Emberlord Ereetu.

Other than that, go at it! The worst that can happen is you wipe a few times, adjust your strategy, and maybe take a bit longer to complete the instance. Eventually you'll get smooth runs, and you will be snagging those delicious plaques in no time!
    Last edited by sedateme; 04-25-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allithice View Post
    Hey, I'm leading a relatively new guild whose core players are at 50 or will soon be. From what I've read it seems that for T1 instances you need a minimum of 50 hit/focus/toughness to be able to effectively do them. T2 needs 100 minimum of the same stats.

I've told all of my minions to get decorated with Mathos in order to buy and equip two of the +20 hit/focus/toughness rings so they will have a good start towards the 50 minimum.

I think I have all the basics covered, however I am wondering whether normal AP and CC gear be good enough to get us into T1s? If not, is there some other grind I am as yet unaware of that we will need to embark on in order to get gear good enough to survive T1 dungeons?

There is a lot of crafted gear (armor, weapons, jewelry) that has +Hit, +Toughness, etc. on them. Some of these are even greens and relatively inexpensive. They're certainly easier to obtain than grinding Mathos rep, plus you support your local crafting community.

You won't want to raid with this stuff, but it will help get you started in T1's.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get on my two tanks about this and make sure they at least have 50 toughness.

One more thing: I intend to heal T1s and T2s using my Chloro/Arch build. I haven't heard whether I can reasonbably expect to be able to heals these solo. Is it imperative to have a bard or other support class assisting in heals, or should I expect to be able to heal experts on my own?

Thanks again.

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

If you are just running T1/T2 you do not need to worry about rep gear. You will get all the gear you need to step up from T1 to t2 with the relic vendors.

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

Thanks for the advice, I'll get on my two tanks about this and make sure they at least have 50 toughness.

One more thing: I intend to heal T1s and T2s using my Chloro/Arch build. I haven't heard whether I can reasonbably expect to be able to heals these solo. Is it imperative to have a bard or other support class assisting in heals, or should I expect to be able to heal experts on my own?

Thanks again.
    It is a good rule of thumb that you need support for Boss fights but it is not a req thing if you have a great/geared healer.

T1s become very doable if your tank has +50 toughness, we were doing them with 40+ and were able to make it through fine. Once everyone in the group hits the magic 50 number the T1s become farm able and not 2+ hour affairs.

At that point you will want to farm up tokens and get your self to the magic 100 numbers (at least your tanks) so you can go through the T2s. At 100 toughness they are tough on a tank but they are doable, at 150 they are easily farmed.

the tanks toughness is probably the single most important stat, but obviously your heals need to be up to par and your dps needs to be able to burn down the mobs before healers run out of mana

You're spot on with the hit/focus/toughness caps.

Normal AP/CC drop some good gear that will provide hit/focus/toughness. Specifically, they drop good weapons and I believe one of the instance quests provides a great weapon reward.

Normal AP/CC gear should get you to the 50 caps, but there are also a number of very good blue and purple items that different crafters can make.

http://rift.zam.com/en/recipelist.html?skill=Armorsmith

I wouldn't recomend making people grind rep though. That's possibly the most boring thing to do in the entire game and Mathos in particular is a really a raid rep grind, not like IPP/Shimmer. Once you start doing T1/T2, you'll see a lot of the +25 and +30 focus/hit rings drop from various places. If you naturally follow the content progression, you should hit each cap as you're ready to move on to the next tier.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

T2 all the way - the T1000 is far superior to any tech from T1

Thanks again.
    From my experience t2's require an off healer while T1's you can typically solo heal provided you know what you're doing (unless its a boss fight then you may need an off healer). It really depends on your gear and how comfortable you feel in your class. Don't be afraid to experiment with hybrid builds either for healing, I've been doing that some and its made my healing far more effective!
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    T2 all the way - the T1000 is far superior to any tech from T1
    And on that note, /thread

+ Reply to Thread