+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RoS trash and trash drops.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Default RoS trash and trash drops.

Bringing this up here since there isnt a decent loot table database anywhere it seems.

Any info on drops/drop rates of RoS trash drops? We went in there and killed quite a bit of trash and didnt see anything drop at all so im assuming the drop rates are very low (which is fine just want confirmation).

Also IMO theres a LOT of trash in RoS. way way more than GSB. While it is more interesting, varied, and difficult than GSB trash, It really could be toned down some. Especially the amount from zone in to Warmaster.

Telaran

well u need bit luck
    we had a raid day w/o anything
    second raid day we had 2-3 items in a role
    just be patient^^
    and
    heres the loot table list
    http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...=browse&id=188

Plane Walker

The weapons are on par with the Greenscale (Epic) quest weapons. You just had bad luck. Our guildies go in and farm trash, 10 man, an hour or so a day and we usually getat least one weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alentina View Post
    well u need bit luck
    we had a raid day w/o anything
    second raid day we had 2-3 items in a role
    just be patient^^
    and
    heres the loot table list
    http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...=browse&id=188
    Good link. I saw the Truncheon drop last week. It is a very low drop rate. Only weapon I've seen drop and we cleared up to the first boss once and almost to the second once.

As for the trash, the pathing is probably more annoying than the volume. Unless you want to pull 2-3 packs at a time, you have to wait for groups to separate. You can CC most everything, so it's not difficult if people remember not to stand in front of dragons who have breathe attacks or basically anything that looks like it might cleave.

The only semi-difficult trash I saw was the caster that everyone has to group up on and then spread out when you see the red bubble. Once you know the mechanic, it's not that hard either.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-25-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Good link. I saw the Truncheon drop last week. It is a very low drop rate. Only weapon I've seen drop and we cleared up to the first boss once and almost to the second once.

As for the trash, the pathing is probably more annoying than the volume. Unless you want to pull 2-3 packs at a time, you have to wait for groups to separate. You can CC most everything, so it's not difficult if people remember not to stand in front of dragons who have breathe attacks or basically anything that looks like it might cleave.

The only semi-difficult trash I saw was the caster that everyone has to group up on and then spread out when you see the red bubble. Once you know the mechanic, it's not that hard either.
    The trash difficulty itself isnt an issue. I was just saying its a step-up from the mind numbingly easy GSB stuff which is a good thing.

But yeah the pathing is very annoying. Especially the pulls where theres 3 to 4 things pathing over or near eachother. And on top of that half of them are casters who wanna stand still and cast during your pull window until another pather comes back around and aggros. If they just removed a few pathers in total that would probably fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    I was just saying its a step-up from the mind numbingly easy GSB stuff which is a good thing.
    Gotcha.

Also, mind numbing is a good way to describe a lot of content in Rift outside of some of initial zone invasions and generally fun T2 content.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    Defiant NPCs
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Gotcha.

Also, mind numbing is a good way to describe a lot of content in Rift outside of some of initial zone invasions and generally fun T2 content.
    Lol. Cant say I dont disagree.

Btw went back tonight in RoS and cleared trash for a few hours. 3 epic weapon drops. 2 daggers and a DPS staff. Decent haul.

Yeah it's pure luck, we had 7 belts drop in GSB off trash this week but 0 weapons in RoS. Last week we had 4 weapons in RoS and only 2 belts in GSB.

Sword of Telara

got a half guild group and went into RoS to kill trash for a little over an hour, and on my own time ive soloed 12 now (mostly lost souls) with 0 drops . for those of you who have gotten drops do lost souls work off the same loot table? they are easier than most so it dosnt -feel- like they should. probably just crazy...

Rift Disciple

I remember when ICC first came out in WoW... PuGs would farm the trash leading to the first boss to get rep for their epic rings and perhaps loot. Blizzard removed any loot worth getting from the trash leading to the first boss but left the rep. In the end, you spent so much time in ICC over the long haul that getting the ring merely through trash farming turned out to be an utter waste of time.

Trion will nerf the trash drops leading to bosses if they find players abusing the system. Trash loot is a reward for doing trash between bosses, not in lieu of doing the bosses.

Cleared 2 bosses and lots of trash last night still no Soulless Greatsword
    Annoyance - Level 50 DPS Warrior
    <Praetorian Guards>
    Server First 5/5 Greenscale's Blight - Dayblind
    Server First 2/4 River of Souls - Dayblind

Rift Disciple

Has anybody tried going in with a lot less people than 20 just for trash? I'm curious to what kind of group you could get away with doing trash without having to do a full raid. Order of Mathos rep + random trash drops wouldn't be all bad. And getting together like...10 people would be easier than 20 just for farming.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    The weapons are on par with the Greenscale (Epic) quest weapons. You just had bad luck. Our guildies go in and farm trash, 10 man, an hour or so a day and we usually getat least one weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHamster View Post
    Has anybody tried going in with a lot less people than 20 just for trash? I'm curious to what kind of group you could get away with doing trash without having to do a full raid. Order of Mathos rep + random trash drops wouldn't be all bad. And getting together like...10 people would be easier than 20 just for farming.
    The guy above said his guild farms the trash with only 10 people. I am going to put together a 10 man group to try this now. Rep + trash drops is definitely worth it...plus not having to worry about the other faction griefing you (if you're on a pvp server).

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    Btw went back tonight in RoS and cleared trash for a few hours. 3 epic weapon drops. 2 daggers and a DPS staff. Decent haul.

/jealous

I would suggest that this needs to be fixed though. Farming trash is neither fun nor really doing the content as it was intended.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-26-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Defiant NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus0014 View Post
    The guy above said his guild farms the trash with only 10 people. I am going to put together a 10 man group to try this now. Rep + trash drops is definitely worth it...plus not having to worry about the other faction griefing you (if you're on a pvp server).
    Yes its doable. Maybe not for every trash mob though. But the majority you can probably get. Honestly the hardest part of the trash in there is making sure you dont get adds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast