+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rng

Plane Touched

Default Rng

it's ****** me, I have done CC 20 times now and have yet to get 1 out of the 3 items I'm looking for from it.

Cleric shoulders from the first boss
    cleric mace from jultharin
    cleric chain chest from last boss

is it bad luck on my side or what?

Rea

there are clerics out there who arent fullgeared after running an instance twice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Soulwalker

I got full t2 gear relatively fast except for the gloves but I eventually got them also (I'm a cleric btw). What I'll probably never get, however, is Sacred Heirloom of Eth from 5th boss in DSM. Killed that boss 15 times now and nothing. My guildmates are starting to get sick of that place since no one can even get any good upgrades for their gear in there anymore. I don't know how much longer I can convince them to run DSM just for one trinket.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Don't complain about rng. I got 21 kills on the smoulderon in expert cc and still don't have my stupid blue cleric tanking shield.

But rng is rng even if it's a 50% drop chance you might still not have it after 100 runs. And don't think that if it didn't drop the chance of getting it because higher because that's one of the biggest mistakes is chance calculations. Just keep running those instances and it might drop for you eventually.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Em View Post
    I got full t2 gear relatively fast except for the gloves but I eventually got them also (I'm a cleric btw). What I'll probably never get, however, is Sacred Heirloom of Eth from 5th boss in DSM. Killed that boss 15 times now and nothing. My guildmates are starting to get sick of that place since no one can even get any good upgrades for their gear in there anymore. I don't know how much longer I can convince them to run DSM just for one trinket.
    Also hunting for the trinket... and this just made me cry a little, I've only run it about 5 times so far and the idea of 15+ runs makes me sad.

@OP that's the way RNG drops work. Kinda sucks, but it's nothing new.
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    it's ****** me, I have done CC 20 times now and have yet to get 1 out of the 3 items I'm looking for from it.

Cleric shoulders from the first boss
    cleric mace from jultharin
    cleric chain chest from last boss

is it bad luck on my side or what?
    Yup ... I'm hear to confirm, you do in fact suck. For example, I have both the shoulders and chest and I don't need the mace.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread