+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Really Struggling.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Ouzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default Really Struggling.

    Ok currently i have just started to run expert dungeons with the guild, few of us hit 50 we farmed some blues and such so we hit kings breach.

    Wow nice dungeon but failed terribly on the first boss.

    Im a cleric healing i have two roles First is a purifier / sent , Second is sent / warden

    I cannt for the life of me keep up the tank. Im spamming biggest heal one after another and the chloro is also spamming him to death and the damage is just insane. Im critting for 3.5k + on heals 1.5 k + Normal and its just not enough ... I really dont know what im doing wrong. I was a raid healer / tank healer in 25 man wow and i did well its kinda my thing. Honestly though i feel useless here.

    The tank has 26 toughness now i know its under cap. Does it make that much of a difference? To the extent that im seriously struggling ?

    ATM i feel like a fail healer im im not a good warden i was never any good on a tree.. I was always a Disc/holy priest. I cannot lol multitask !

    Any tips on what might be going wrong it just seems that im failing at the moment and i dont know why. Im guessing its the toughness but just need some advice so i dont fail more. Ha thanks ouzo.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    How much HP does your tank have and armor ?

    To me it sounds like a tank issue more than anything else.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Are you killing the dogs he summons fast enough? they add a lot of damage. Your dps needs to burn them down fast. It's also advisable to save CD abilities for when the dogs spawn. But the issue might not be with the healing. If the tank doesn't have enough toughness and is taking big crits that could be the issue. at 26 toughness the crits should be larger than normal hits. If you grab some crafted gear and a toughness rune you should be able to get your tank to 60 pretty easily, and it makes a huge difference.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Toughness.
    T1's - Mobs do 100% more damage when they crit. so a 1000 hit is 2000 crit.
    50 toughness reduces the crit bonus by 100%.

    T2's - mobs do 200% more damage when they crit. 100 tougness redcuces by 200%.

    So your tank with 26toughness, is takign 48% more damage from crits.

    bad times.

    Kings breach is the hardest T1 as well.
    I'd highly suggest looking at
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ed-Progression

    For a good suggestion on which dungeons to start with, and also has good guides if you are stuck on a boss, or just want to know what the boss does before hand.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Sounds like a tank issue. KB is quite hard to begin with, so if you're struggeling on first boss I'd advice you to run IT instead. I don't know what kind of tank you have, but if he's a warrior, tell him to look into the VK build for the 50% armor increase buff.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post
    The tank has 26 toughness now i know its under cap. Does it make that much of a difference? To the extent that im seriously struggling ?
    I think it does make a huge difference.

    In WoW mobs would only crit 5% of their hits. I think in Rift they crit a lot more often. Also, I think crits in WoW were double the normal damage. And in Rift crits are triple the normal damage. With 26 toughness, in stead of the required 50, your tank only gets half the extra crit damage reduced. So suppose a mob hits for 1000 damage per swing. Without any toughness, his crits hit for 3000. With 26 tougness, his crits hit for 1960. With 50 toughness, his crits would hit for the normal 1000 again.

    I don't know how often mobs crit. But with 26 toughness you will run into spike damage that is twice as high as necessary. Get your tank to 50 toughness asap. It will make a huge difference.

    It's very easy to get to 50 toughness.
    Run AP normal. Quest reward gives blue boots with 13 toughness.
    Get 6 thingies from Rifts + 2600 planerite. Buy blue shoulders with toughness from the Rare Planar goods vendor in Stillmoor. Shoulders have +13 toughness.
    I've read somewhere that the CC quest gives a chest with 13 toughness. Not sure though.
    Last item is legs. There are craftable blue legs with 13 toughness. Mats are only 2-3plat. Recipe is on the plaque-vendor. Or you can find a crafter that has a recipe for the purple craftable pants. Those pants have 25 toughness. Mats are a bit more, 15plat or so. But well worth it.
    There is a +10 toughness on chest rune (enchant). Recipe is on the plaque vendor.

    Get boots from AP.
    Buy legs.
    Buy shoulders.
    Put +10 toughness on chest.
    Result: 49 toughness.

    If you really want 50 toughness, you can: 1) get the toughness chest from CC (if it does exist indeed). 2) Buy any blue lvl50 plate chest from the AH, and put a +15 toughness enchant on it (also buyable from AH), or 3) buy the purple legs, in stead of the blue legs.

    Only when your tank has 50 toughness, I would start worrying about other stats. I would recommend: 1) purple crafted shield, 2) Purple crafted helmet, 3) Purple crafted tanking necklace, 4) Blue crafted tanking mace. Two rings with +hit and 13end/9str/9dex from some rep vendor (Stillmoor ?). All of these should be easy to find, except maybe the necklace (artificers tend to not be tanks).

    Once your tank has this gear, he should be taking a lot less damage. It costs some plat to get all of this, but all in all it's pretty cheap.
    Last edited by Gryz; 04-24-2011 at 01:16 AM.

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Definitely seems more a tank issue.

    Those spikes can and will be deadly unless you healers are over-geared for the tank.

    I'd suggest you run through cc/ap a few times and get everyone in your group some pre-tier gear, at least until tank gets around 50 toughness.

    Once thats done you'll find that tier 1 zones are a LOT easier.

    Also KB is hard, possibly not the hardest (think Fae still has that trophy) of the t1, IT or FC are a much easier introduction to tier dungeons.

  8. #8
    Champion Deistik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Far Side of the Moon
    Posts
    580

    Default

    It's definitely a tank issue. I can solo heal all of the experts - there's no other way a cleric + chloro shouldn't be able to keep a tank up.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Ouzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I appreciate all the info. You start a new game and then this jesus lol i honestly though i was gonna quit being a healer as my biggest heals wouldnt touch the tank. I was also told Kb Easiest the IT but im gonna look into the guild above i really appreciate it. Also im gonna get the spec of the tank and the armor values of him in bit ill post them up. He was under the impression VK template was a magic absorbing only one. Im unsure on warrior builds so ill look into it. Any other information is appreciated.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    507

    Default

    who ever told you KB was easiest be crazy...

    granted the first 2 bosses are pretty easy but manticores and at times konstantine... definitely easier ones out there.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    If your tank doesn't know what spec to use, let him check out this thread.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...er-all-experts

    I love the Paladin/Paragon/Warlord spec. Very versatile. I used Paladin/Para/Warlord to level and tank all dungeons before lvl50. Now at level50 I tanked all T1 dungeons with this spec, without much problems. This is the exact spec I am using now:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...oVczMz.E0toh0z

    The 2nd spec in that thread is a "high mitigation" spec. Very similar to:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Mitigation-2.0
    It's a VK/Reaver/Paladin build. But personally I don't like it much. Not fun to play. Much fewer useful abilities. I've tried it on a few bosses were I thought I was taking mostly magic damage. But it looks like the Paragon/Paladin/Warlord spec is good enough for those fights too. And it is a lot easier to play.

    Your tank might want to tweak the macros that are posted in those threads. I didn't always find them to make much sense. (E.g. I would never put my single-target taunt in a spam-macro).
    Last edited by Gryz; 04-24-2011 at 04:27 AM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post
    Ok currently i have just started to run expert dungeons with the guild, few of us hit 50 we farmed some blues and such so we hit kings breach.

    Wow nice dungeon but failed terribly on the first boss.

    Im a cleric healing i have two roles First is a purifier / sent , Second is sent / warden

    I cannt for the life of me keep up the tank. Im spamming biggest heal one after another and the chloro is also spamming him to death and the damage is just insane. Im critting for 3.5k + on heals 1.5 k + Normal and its just not enough ... I really dont know what im doing wrong. I was a raid healer / tank healer in 25 man wow and i did well its kinda my thing. Honestly though i feel useless here.

    The tank has 26 toughness now i know its under cap. Does it make that much of a difference? To the extent that im seriously struggling ?

    ATM i feel like a fail healer im im not a good warden i was never any good on a tree.. I was always a Disc/holy priest. I cannot lol multitask !

    Any tips on what might be going wrong it just seems that im failing at the moment and i dont know why. Im guessing its the toughness but just need some advice so i dont fail more. Ha thanks ouzo.
    1. If you just hit 50. I suggest bringing a Support Healer, Bard or Chrolo to help you out.

    2. Anything under 'cap' is dangerous and moronic. You wouldn't tank Illidan with a tank that was under Def Cap, would you?

    3. WoW =/= Rift.

    4. If you can't Multitask, I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

    5. Start with Expert IT, Not KB. KB is one of the harder Tier 1 Experts.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Ouzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matteaus View Post
    1. If you just hit 50. I suggest bringing a Support Healer, Bard or Chrolo to help you out.

    2. Anything under 'cap' is dangerous and moronic. You wouldn't tank Illidan with a tank that was under Def Cap, would you?

    3. WoW =/= Rift.

    4. If you can't Multitask, I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

    5. Start with Expert IT, Not KB. KB is one of the harder Tier 1 Experts.

    Thanks. Nice attitude also Hello kitty sounds awsome. All i was saying is a warden style of healing never suited me.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Its a tank issue. 26 Toughness is less than one piece of tank gear. You should be geared and enchanted to run Expert dungeons.

  15. #15
    Champion Carolius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post
    I was also told Kb Easiest the IT but im gonna look into the guild above i really appreciate it.
    Somebody was punking your a**.

    LH is probably the easiest... if you have the dps to kill the crystal tosser before the crystals overwhelm you. Fastest also.

    90% of all these expert bosses are execution. Only 2 really have timers on em that I have seen.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts