+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clearing Deepstrike Mines (Expert) for the first time.

OP here with a couple notes on responses.

Having gone through it now, it will no doubt be much faster in the future. Our core group (and we are a small guild compared to many) is great to play with because everyone is willing to use multiple specs and combinations. We switch roles to get some practice using them all. To us, its all about making things dead.

For Caretaker, I switched to Bard and our Cleric went melee to help with the adds and up our damage on crystals a pinch. We BARELY downed the last crystal and our tank died with the boss at low health. Our NB was barely able to finish him off with his defensive cooldowns. It was razor thin. One more second and it would have been a wipe.

The pre-Plutonus trash started going faster with more sapping and squirreling, which we hardly ever have to do otherwise. Very happy to do it though and it's one of those rhythm things that will go much faster in the future.
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Ascendant

The 6 hour clear is first time with no first hand knowledge of strat and with no one in the group even stepping foot in the instance on regular or expert before attempting, that is learning 7 boss fights on the fly. For the hardest 5 man in the game, that isn't that bad. We could have the clear down to about 2.5 hours on no wipes, most of that is due to the trash clear but a couple of the fights are lengthy as well.

DSM is gonna take a while to clear the first time you run it, simply too much trash/bosses. After that it's pretty trivial once your group has got the hang of every fight(the 6 hours of the first run are enough for that usually).

If anything we need new 5 man dungeons with hopefully more challenging content(most t2 fights I consider pretty fun atm tbh, so just keep up the good work trion, evolve your mechanics, etc) to keep the fun going for ppl who can't raid for whatever reason.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vvix View Post
    DSM is gonna take a while to clear the first time you run it, simply too much trash/bosses. After that it's pretty trivial once your group has got the hang of every fight(the 6 hours of the first run are enough for that usually).

If anything we need new 5 man dungeons with hopefully more challenging content(most t2 fights I consider pretty fun atm tbh, so just keep up the good work trion, evolve your mechanics, etc) to keep the fun going for ppl who can't raid for whatever reason.
    As a healer I really like the mechanics that make you constantly move (1 ground ae doesn't count). Examples are: Plutonus, Gatekeeper Kaleida, Calyx, etc. A lot of t2 fights involve a lot of movement which I think is why I like them.

Soulwalker

Usually this DSM takes from 1hour to 1hour30minutes from Us we do it usually with 3 warriors+1rogue+1cleric solo heal all other bosses than gatekeeper goes just fine usually 0-3wipes max on run. gear is t2 like tanks are with 150+ toughness etc, healer is 32/34 senti/puri

Champion of Telara

Any dungeon/raid etc depends 100% of the group and the skill/knowledge/experience of the players.

As example..The second and third week of Rift..along with other dungeons..I went to CC also..God what a nightmare with a PuG the first days..While clearing RD took ~4 hours or so which was still slow..but not this bad.

First time..6 hours..Caelia didnt die. (Pug)

Second time 7 hours..Caelia didnt die. (Pug 4 hours or so on Caelia also..People couldnt move/understand that it was a visual bug and not to panic)

Third time ~1h 20mins? Caelia dead on first try.. (Pug but with people that we found out after a few dungeons..that they could play so we just made a chat to join..along with other people we found that could play.. grouped up and did dungeons together for a bit..)

See the difference in those times?

We went DSM right after with the same group..First time for everyone....Cleared in 2 hours..3 wipes at the stupid robot and its crystals ...first from lack of DPS cause we didnt know the 25% was faster..the other two cause adds would kill DPS cause the tank didnt pick them up quickly..and 1 wipe on Plutonus cause the tank got gang banged.

Obviously we had some clues about the fights from a guide that was up around those days but still...You can see the difference.

The next day we started at 12:30pm and ended at 7:20pm or so..Clearing all 5 T2's..1 of them my first time also..along with 1-2 other people in the group being their first time in another dungeon.. I cleared everything in the same amount i needed to wipe and wipe in CC with the other people -.-

In the end it comes down to.

1)Player experience in this type of games (I wont use the term noob and pro..but you get my point)

2)Knowledge of the fights yourself..(Even if you havent done them..Knowing some stuff isnt always bad..unless you are the type that wants to wipe 10 hours on the first boss that in the end is tank and spank but you cant realize it for any reason)

3)Not giving up after 1 wipe..

There are many reasons really..In the end it comes down to "Knowledge of this type of games" and nothing else about it.. If you are used to MMO's and generally Western Genre MMO's (AoC/WoW etc..) Rift cant give you any problems really.
    Last edited by potis; 04-24-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Now if someone could telll me how to do assisted living... yeesh our tank can`t take all 9. Took 6, then final 3 wiped him

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Now if someone could telll me how to do assisted living... yeesh our tank can`t take all 9. Took 6, then final 3 wiped him
    Granted we just broke into dsm but that achievement seems insane, we can barely keep the tank up sometimes with only 3 of those adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by soloist View Post
    This is just a case of l2p, not about time spent.
    QFT.

You were running 2 full healers and on occasion 2.5 with a rogue DPS? Bring DPS. In T2 vendor gear you can completely solo heal this place (or at least Chloros can, I can't speak for Clerics but I would imagine they can too). 1.5 healers is fine, but 2 or more is ridiculous. I'm surprised you guys could even kill the construct boss with the crystals.

Bringing more healers is not the answer to grouping in this game, it really shocks me when people think it is. If you are struggling to keep people alive either your group is doing the mechanic wrong, your group is bad, or your group is undergeared and shouldn't be there.
    Last edited by Alice Wonderbra; 04-24-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Couple pointers. My groups are now raid geared and clearing it in about an hour, hour and a half. I have no idea, I never time it, and honestly I don't run experts that much anymore, except for AP, which has yet to drop 1 ring for me. I'm even glorified with Icewatch as a result.

-Don't get completely wasted and run DSM starting at 3 am. You will wake up in your bed the next day, naked and wondering why you are not still in the instance.

-If you get knocked off on bonehew, while running it wasted at 3 am, don't soul walk. You'll only be killed by bats and spiders, which in turn now train on the rest of your party.

-There are sweet spots to stand in for the trash pulls that involve laser beams. Learn them. Usually they are at the vertex of a 4 way intersection in the hallway. This will possibly make the 1.2 51 point warlord aoe pull-in ability worth it...well no it won't, but it felt nice saying that...well no it didn't............./end

-This instance can be very smooth, or it can be bumpy and last 7+ hours. I don't think I've had a run that long, maybe 4 at the most. The trash and avoiding lasers can be the worst part. With our gear I can aoe tank everything with no cc and be fine.

-Sometimes Gregori bugs out, and just chaincasts his death bolt, or whatever it's called. I interrupted it one night, and he cast it 5 more times in less than a second, on 6 attempts. We switched our mage to chloro and both rogues went bard along with the cleric healer. There was no getting around it. When this happens, give it 3 good tries and leave for the night, with a bug report submitted. This only happened one night, so it might be fixed, just putting it out there.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Plane Touched

The people taking so long to clear it are typically either going to be under geared or have no one in the group that has cleared it before. I have it on farm status now an run it quite often since I am trying to get the trinkets. My group depending on the makeup runs it in an hour to two hours. My first time through I did it in 2.5 hours, we had 2 people that had done it before, one of them being the tank..... which helps tremendously.

Why is was a dungeon so hard for you...
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jarkk0 View Post
    Usually this DSM takes from 1hour to 1hour30minutes from Us we do it usually with 3 warriors+1rogue+1cleric solo heal all other bosses than gatekeeper goes just fine usually 0-3wipes max on run. gear is t2 like tanks are with 150+ toughness etc, healer is 32/34 senti/puri
    optionally you can do 2 war, 1 rogue, 1 chloro, 1 cleric

I run with 2 inquisitors, 1 chloro/archon, and a dps warrior/rogue.

Just gather everyone up and AoE.

And I personally refuse to do DSM unless I have a chloro for blighting the earth crystal healing on Gatekeeper.

We generally clear in around hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Wonderbra View Post
    QFT.

You were running 2 full healers and on occasion 2.5 with a rogue DPS? Bring DPS. In T2 vendor gear you can completely solo heal this place (or at least Chloros can, I can't speak for Clerics but I would imagine they can too). 1.5 healers is fine, but 2 or more is ridiculous. I'm surprised you guys could even kill the construct boss with the crystals.

Bringing more healers is not the answer to grouping in this game, it really shocks me when people think it is. If you are struggling to keep people alive either your group is doing the mechanic wrong, your group is bad, or your group is undergeared and shouldn't be there.
    You only need one DPS for caretaker crystals. When the other DPS in our group managed to wipe himself near the start of the caretaker fight (BRes was still on CD), I was still easily able to kill all of the crystals by myself (as a nightblade).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast