+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Darkening Deeps

Default Darkening Deeps

Seriously, what was the point in making it so we have to go all the way to the top of the dungeon before starting back down to the first boss? There's no bang for your buck, no reward, no point... this is just simply bad game design... people want added content but with something to gain from it... defiants can't even get rep from this place... come on guys, work with us here.

You don't HAVE to go up to kill the mages...
    Galithor - 50 Cleric
    Rank 5
    Aion: Gale 55 sin (quit)
    Warhammer: Galithor 40/80 WP (quit)

I love people who complain before examining the problem and finding an alternative solution.

I didn't even know that you had to go to the top in expert DD before today and this was probably my 7th Scarn kill.

My previous groups just pulled all the mobs we could from down below to "the corner". It's obvious if you've done DD. Then we clear a few packs by the top of the bridge/ramp. It's not that hard to avoid the aoe for 2 minutes. Lastly, we drag whatever's left on the bridge to the bottom and kill everything there. It's still time consuming, but it's not as bad.

You can also skip two packs at the bottom if you pull the boss back under the bridge/ramp.

You can skip varying amounts of trash in every expert dungeon if you're creative or know a creative person. Most need a single or double sap. FC requires platforming skills ... =( ... AP/CC, you can just aoe your way through with t2 equivalent gear and the appropriate runes/planar items.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-23-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Ya I know you can skip a lot, but if you don't go up yo get the fire and the adds all storm you later.

I think the biggest pet peeve I have with current content is how long experts take... 2+ hours each what happens is people never wind up having time to finish the place.

+ Reply to Thread