+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Raid : Gilded Sanctum

Plane Touched

Default New Raid : Gilded Sanctum

From the Alpha Patch notes :
    SLIVERS
    * As we all know, Telara’s universe is comprised of a myriad of planes and realities that all intersect with each other and with Telara at seemingly random angles and times.
    * A “Sliver” is a place where a thin slice of another reality can be seen intersecting with our Telara.
    * Some of these slivers are places where planar conflicts may have already been won or lost. Help set things right in other realities, or protect our own from their influence!
    * The Planar Goods merchants in Meridian and Sanctum now sell the ascended power to view slivers - Omen Sight for Guardians and Quantum Sight for Defiants.
    * These new abilities allow you to see things others might not be able to see, and potentially lead to the discovery of the entrance to Gilded Sanctum, a raid instance intended for 10 players.

I've never never heard of that ... Since when did trion wanted to do 10 man content ?
    Anyone tried it ?

Cool! Haven't tried it, but sure will! Can't wait for this to be implemented into the game (not just test servers)

Rift Disciple

Hope this turns out to be true!

Plane Touched

I hope that wont be the norm : going from 20 to 10 is a pain for a guild that worked hard to get a roster for 20 man raid.

Plane Touched

I'm glad they're giving 10-man content. My poor guild would never have 20 50s online at the same time.

(Yeah, we were already looking at guild alliances for running raids)
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Ascendant

I think it will be seperate progression from 20 man, more of a step up from raid rifts. I'm currently trying to farm enough planarite to get the ability to see these slivers. Problem is the ascended power to see them costs 25k planarite. Don't think I'll be able to farm that before the patch goes live, I've petitioned them to lower the cost on the ability on the test server so it can be properly tested, will have to see if they respond.

Trion said since the beginning they wanted 10 man raids, they planned to have them at launch but they weren't able to get it done so they scrapped the 10/20 setup.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 04-22-2011 at 04:36 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I think it will be seperate progression from 20 man. I'm currently trying to farm enough planarite to get the ability to see these slivers. Problem is the ascended power to see them costs 25k planarite. Don't think I'll be able to farm that before the patch goes live, I've petitioned them to lower the cost on the ability on the test server so it can be properly tested, will have to see if they respond.
    Yeah, it'd make sense to lower the cost on the test server so it can actually be tested. In the mean time, I'll get back to stocking up on my planarite on live.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Tpz

I would assume they are testing it the same they tested RoS
    Raiding as an Archon, A Guide

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    I didn't get to finish my quest before trion changed it, so I opened a ticket and said I accidentally deleted mine

I got two replacements within a couple days, along with a personal note saying: "Holy Warrior Grunz, use these imbalanced weapons to smite the European scum. They are all bad and incredibly small."

Recruiting!

Rift Disciple

Which is how - let the top tier guilds learn the strats and help "balance" it for the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by mocktrial View Post
    Which is how - let the top tier guilds learn the strats and help "balance" it for the rest of us?
    Precisely.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

It says intended for 10 players, does that mean you can have more than 10 players?

Soulwalker

I wonder if everyone in the raid needs to have that Ascended power, of if just 1 person has it, they can lead everyone else through. Keep us updated!

Rift Disciple

Exciting hopefully they won't give into the uber guilds who think its easy to get 20 players and make the loot junk.

Can only be an Earth Plane Dungeon possibly involving the Earth Dragon (I forget how to spell her name.). Especially considering how at the end of expert CC, Caelia stands in the Golden Sanctum and basically mocks something she calls Crucia's "sister".

Rift Disciple

Earth dragon? I like the sound of that. As long as there is no buggy chain lightning spell involved!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast