+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Simple reason why people dont want LFD

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default Simple reason why people dont want LFD

    Cherry picking.

    People cant pick and choose what and who comes if they have to use LFD, if they have LFD and try to boot an undiserable theyll just get pissed on and get booted themselves

    They want to control who gets to party, like for example right now most melee warriors and rogues have quit their class and you hardly see any at 50, because simply they cannot get groups because of how gimp they have become thanks to mythic bright wizard lovers going on rampant nerf rampages

    No one wants to bring undesierables along, even if the player of the gimp class is actually really good, they will piss and moan to keep it this way because they want to control who they group with based on the whim of some sicko Trion developer with a twitchy nerf stick

    Dont side with these cherry pickers, let them all group together in their own little guild so we dont gotta live or play with them ever again, GO LFD OR GO HOME

  2. #2
    Shadowlander Mixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Cherry picking.

    People cant pick and choose what and who comes if they have to use LFD, if they have LFD and try to boot an undiserable theyll just get pissed on and get booted themselves

    They want to control who gets to party, like for example right now most melee warriors and rogues have quit their class and you hardly see any at 50, because simply they cannot get groups because of how gimp they have become thanks to mythic bright wizard lovers going on rampant nerf rampages

    No one wants to bring undesierables along, even if the player of the gimp class is actually really good, they will piss and moan to keep it this way because they want to control who they group with based on the whim of some sicko Trion developer with a twitchy nerf stick

    Dont side with these cherry pickers, let them all group together in their own little guild so we dont gotta live or play with them ever again, GO LFD OR GO HOME
    Sad but True..
    +1

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Lilisette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Yep, this was rampant in FFXI from the start. If you were a White Mage, Puppetmaster, Summoner or Beastmaster you were s*** out of luck.

    The only classes that would ever get invited to any sort of party were: Paladins, Red Mages, Samurai, Rangers, Corsairs, Bards and Dark Knights. Occasionally you would see a Dragoon or Warrior but only the ones too stubborn to switch to Samurai and Dark Knight.

    Everyone else would either have to suck it up, beg, wait for pity invites from friends or guildies or all of the above.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Cherry picking.

    People cant pick and choose what and who comes if they have to use LFD, if they have LFD and try to boot an undiserable theyll just get pissed on and get booted themselves

    They want to control who gets to party, like for example right now most melee warriors and rogues have quit their class and you hardly see any at 50, because simply they cannot get groups because of how gimp they have become thanks to mythic bright wizard lovers going on rampant nerf rampages

    No one wants to bring undesierables along, even if the player of the gimp class is actually really good, they will piss and moan to keep it this way because they want to control who they group with based on the whim of some sicko Trion developer with a twitchy nerf stick

    Dont side with these cherry pickers, let them all group together in their own little guild so we dont gotta live or play with them ever again, GO LFD OR GO HOME
    It's interesting that you view cherry picking as a bad thing.

    I want to cherry pick my party members. It has nothing to do with individual character class or group composition and everything to do with player competence.

    I don't want to party with terrible players, so I wouldn't use a LFD tool much anyways; I just don't trust most unknown players enough to give them an aspect of control in my dungeon experience.

    Elitist? Maybe. Mostly just slowly lost patience with people blindly groping through their spell books and talent trees over the years.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara HighFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixel View Post
    Sad but True..
    +1
    Not sad. Communication is one of the biggest problems in MMOs.

    Talking to people before you start a dungeon run is a good way to eliminate some of communication problems. It also helps weed out under geared and poorly spec'd players.

    I'm not here to make life harder than it needs to be or carry weak players through expert dungeon content.

    All I want is a /lfg flag system like CoH. Eliminate the chat channel spamming and I'd be happy. I don't want a system like WoW that creates groups for you. I wouldn't use it.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless


  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Not sad. Communication is one of the biggest problems in MMOs.

    Talking to people before you start a dungeon run is a good way to eliminate some of communication problems. It also helps weed out under geared and poorly spec'd players.

    I'm not here to make life harder than it needs to be or carry weak players through expert dungeon content.

    All I want is a /lfg flag system like CoH. Eliminate the chat channel spamming and I'd be happy. I don't want a system like WoW that creates groups for you. I wouldn't use it.
    This, why should I spend 6 hours in a dungeon carrying subpar people through the content just to "get a team"

    If I wait 30 minutes I could make a team that can get through 3-5 dungeons in the same time frame.

    Sure it means the new or bad players will find it slightly harder to get groups, but new people will have time to finish up getting their gear and bad players will learn that they cannot get away with just spamming the 1 ability they think is fun.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Domix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    It's interesting that you view cherry picking as a bad thing.

    I want to cherry pick my party members. It has nothing to do with individual character class or group composition and everything to do with player competence.

    I don't want to party with terrible players, so I wouldn't use a LFD tool much anyways; I just don't trust most unknown players enough to give them an aspect of control in my dungeon experience.

    Elitist? Maybe. Mostly just slowly lost patience with people blindly groping through their spell books and talent trees over the years.
    I like the sound of your reasoning. I find a lack of communication when I group with strangers. I find lack of strategy/competence once in a while. I'm a mage but I tank sometimes because of my high hp and my life sucking, boss dropping spell repertoire.

    Would anyone happen to know a competent, trustworthy guild on the Shatterbone shard? I'm looking to be recruited to Heal or Dish out high DPS.
    Guardian - Shatterbone - Mage - Warlock/Chloromancer/Elementalist

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17

    Thumbs up

    I am happy they are adding a LFG tool in patch 1.2. It will automatically put the group together and port you to the dungeon. It doesn't say if it'll be cross-shard or not, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Since it mentions this tool won't only be for dungeons, but also epic quests and such I am thinking it'll be same shard... unless only the dungeon portion is made cross-shard. Hopefully it is cross-shard

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    140

    Default

    you can still cherry pick man people are ******ed sometimes. You form a group old fasion way and zone in how hard is that ? Just because a DF is there doesnt mean you HAVE to use it.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthrex View Post
    I am happy they are adding a LFG tool in patch 1.2. It will automatically put the group together and port you to the dungeon. It doesn't say if it'll be cross-shard or not, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Since it mentions this tool won't only be for dungeons, but also epic quests and such I am thinking it'll be same shard... unless only the dungeon portion is made cross-shard. Hopefully it is cross-shard
    Having it server only is useless. The whole point of a DF is to open your playerbase up to each other instead of 10 people on one servers LFG list you get access to every servers LFG list. If its server only its useless simple as that because we already spam 50 chat and lfg chat for 1 more 2 more and go an hr and no one joins.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Sunfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markn122 View Post
    Having it server only is useless. The whole point of a DF is to open your playerbase up to each other instead of 10 people on one servers LFG list you get access to every servers LFG list. If its server only its useless simple as that because we already spam 50 chat and lfg chat for 1 more 2 more and go an hr and no one joins.
    It's server only because a majority of people in this game are still vehemently opposed to a cross-server tool.

    If your server is that empty the good news is they expect to have server transfers enabled sometime in May.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Cherry picking.

    People cant pick and choose what and who comes if they have to use LFD, if they have LFD and try to boot an undiserable theyll just get pissed on and get booted themselves

    They want to control who gets to party, like for example right now most melee warriors and rogues have quit their class and you hardly see any at 50, because simply they cannot get groups because of how gimp they have become thanks to mythic bright wizard lovers going on rampant nerf rampages

    No one wants to bring undesierables along, even if the player of the gimp class is actually really good, they will piss and moan to keep it this way because they want to control who they group with based on the whim of some sicko Trion developer with a twitchy nerf stick

    Dont side with these cherry pickers, let them all group together in their own little guild so we dont gotta live or play with them ever again, GO LFD OR GO HOME
    Excuse me but there is a way that they can implement a LFD tool, but at the same time allow you to screen undesirables.

    Also by your use of bright wizards and talking about rogues and warriors suck, shows how little you know of the game.

    For one pyro dps sucks in pve compared to a good necro for single target or a storm caller for apes. Second dps warriors are still top dogs when it comes to dps and a good melée rogue also puts out good dps. And only a moron would turn down a good rogue, because bard is indeed in very high demand and it's just stupid to allow leather to rot.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    It's server only because a majority of people in this game are still vehemently opposed to a cross-server tool.

    If your server is that empty the good news is they expect to have server transfers enabled sometime in May.
    please dont say a majority when you have no facts to base that on at all. The only thing obvious is the loudest voice is always the minority in every MMO and right now the loudest voice is against a DF for all but ignorant reasons. If its there dont use it if you dont want to but dont take the ability away from other people who would use it every day. Its like saying you dont ever do sometihng so no one should be able to do it at all.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Muffinmans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Most people do want it, and its coming with 1.2
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/04...ith-scott-har/
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Not sad. Communication is one of the biggest problems in MMOs.

    Talking to people before you start a dungeon run is a good way to eliminate some of communication problems. It also helps weed out under geared and poorly spec'd players.

    I'm not here to make life harder than it needs to be or carry weak players through expert dungeon content.

    All I want is a /lfg flag system like CoH. Eliminate the chat channel spamming and I'd be happy. I don't want a system like WoW that creates groups for you. I wouldn't use it.
    Uh cherry picking is 100% a bad thing. It is that sort of attitude that led to the rise of gearscore/ilvl requirement garbage in WoW. Cherry picking group members and grabbing only people who meet some arbitrary gear/spec requirement breeds an elitist mindset. What people say is "I only want to group with people of this metric because I don't want to carry anyone" which usually translates to "I want to be carried through the instance myself."

    Instead of trying to lock out new players, players who don't have experience with game mechanics, or people who aren't playing the game for mathematical min/max scenarios, why not offer to be more helpful to these players?

    I guess that would take time away from the "I'm so good at this game, I don't have time for plebeians" rants.
    Last edited by Roctod; 04-22-2011 at 11:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts