+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War spec for Greenscale

Rift Disciple

Default War spec for Greenscale

Posted this in the riftstalker disparity thread but I think the thread has died off and I am not seeing any answers in the war forum.

I am actually just trying to find if this build would be viable for Greenscale and fix the problem. We run with warriors as our MT and have been talking about using a rogue for these upcoming fights. If this build works we may not need to.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...dkAbk..e0Rhc0V

44 Reaver / 0 Void Knight / 22 Paladin

Mitigation gained:

All the time: 28% from:
    Imbued Armor 5%
    Void 5%
    Crest mastery 9%
    Hardened Will 9%

Situational:

infestion = 28+15=43% (60 sec)
    AoE with Power from the Masses = 28+10=38% (10 sec cooldown?)
    Shroud = 28+35=63% (60 sec)

That is a lot of mitigation that works on non-physical damage.
    Every so often words are spoken that alter the course of our lives....

Well..my money dont lag, my money dont are nerfed, my money dont are bug, now Trion equlibrate souls or give me my money back!

- Greegan

Thats what a few of us who have downed GS used.

RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    Posted this in the riftstalker disparity thread but I think the thread has died off and I am not seeing any answers in the war forum.

I am actually just trying to find if this build would be viable for Greenscale and fix the problem. We run with warriors as our MT and have been talking about using a rogue for these upcoming fights. If this build works we may not need to.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...dkAbk..e0Rhc0V

44 Reaver / 0 Void Knight / 22 Paladin

Mitigation gained:

All the time: 28% from:
    Imbued Armor 5%
    Void 5%
    Crest mastery 9%
    Hardened Will 9%

Situational:

infestion = 28+15=43% (60 sec)
    AoE with Power from the Masses = 28+10=38% (10 sec cooldown?)
    Shroud = 28+35=63% (60 sec)

That is a lot of mitigation that works on non-physical damage.
    DR isn't additive.

It's better to go into Void Knight. 26VK, 26Reaver, 14Paladin is stronger. Not needing cooldowns is better than having cooldowns.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sodahelm View Post
    DR isn't additive.

It's better to go into Void Knight. 26VK, 26Reaver, 14Paladin is stronger. Not needing cooldowns is better than having cooldowns.
    Yup, gotta say this is the best build that I use for most magic based boss encounters.

M
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War
    "Memento Mori" - "remember death, remember you are mortal"

Or just use a rogue while you gear up your MT. We did it last night with a warrior and while it was still easy.. you can face roll the encounter by simply using a rogue.
    Farrudar - Level 50 Mage of <HATE>

Quote Originally Posted by Farrudar View Post
    Or just use a rogue while you gear up your MT. We did it last night with a warrior and while it was still easy.. you can face roll the encounter by simply using a rogue.
    You can faceroll the encounter using a Warrior. A lot of Warriors just don't realize it yet because they aren't seriously evaluating their soul trees and gear.

That said, the Warrior is better suited to plant duty just due to their support options.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sodahelm View Post
    You can faceroll the encounter using a Warrior. A lot of Warriors just don't realize it yet because they aren't seriously evaluating their soul trees and gear.

That said, the Warrior is better suited to plant duty just due to their support options.
    Warriors are better suited to plant duty because they can reset the Deathly Flames stack (thus only ever needing to use one pool) and Sergeant's Order Bracken/Shrooms/Vines.

Quote Originally Posted by Isomalt View Post
    Warriors are better suited to plant duty because they can reset the Deathly Flames stack (thus only ever needing to use one pool) and Sergeant's Order Bracken/Shrooms/Vines.
    And Spotter's Order and Rallying Command and Aid Command, which all have strong uses in the encounter and aren't available to a Warrior specced to tank Greenscale. Warriors are really good for plant duty.
    Last edited by Sodahelm; 04-22-2011 at 02:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread