+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Healer Aggro In Dungeons.

Shield of Telara

Default Healer Aggro In Dungeons.

Please tell me i'm not the only one who has his healer get threat more often then the dps who spam AOE's?

Ascendant

You're the only one, this is very rare if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
    Please tell me i'm not the only one who has his healer get threat more often then the dps who spam AOE's?
    2nd on threat list after tank. But I keep HoTs rolling, so it comes with the territory.
    Not your fault, don't worry. If you keep all the mobs on you, GJ. If you don't, go back to the drawing board

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    You're the only one, this is very rare if it happens.
    Happens pretty much every single 6 pull of those non elites of AP for me -.-

Keep in mind that over-heal generates more threat than effective healing in this game.

Happens pretty much every single 6 pull of those non elites of AP for me -.-
    I assume you are a rogue tank. Indeed, the rogue that tanks in my 5 man complains about his AoE threat and capability to have all the mobs on him. It rarely seems to be a problem though.
    Just TP into the mobs and aoe taunt. You should be fine. Then after you got them, you can backpeddle to the back while hitting the mobs, so you are out of the way of patrols.
    If by any chance the tank dies, 99% i will follow

IF you are still having trouble... Ask your healer not to pre-HoT you if warden. Tell him to use Orbs of the Stream on you. If he is Purifier, wait for him to put Ward of the Ancestors. I have yet to meet a 51 senti in dungeons, but he should just heal i guess.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-21-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lupita View Post
    Keep in mind that over-heal generates more threat than effective healing in this game.
    That....
    Would explain alot.

I assume you are a rogue tank. Indeed, the rogue that tanks in my 5 man complains about his AoE threat and capability to have all the mobs on him. It rarely seems to be a problem though.
    Just TP into the mobs and aoe taunt. You should be fine. Then after you got them, you can backpeddle to the back while hitting the mobs, so you are out of the way of patrols.
    If by any chance the tank dies, 99% i will follow

IF you are still having trouble... Ask your healer not to pre-HoT you if warden. Tell him to use Orbs of the Stream on you. If he is Purifier, wait for him to put Ward of the Ancestors. I have yet to meet a 51 senti in dungeons, but he should just heal i guess.
    AoE taunt for we rogues is 5 nearest mobs.
    That damn 6th mob on those pulls can diaf -.-
    /prays for the day we get better tab targeting.
    Last edited by scfs123; 04-21-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Plane Touched

From the tests I've ran, overhealing generates 0 threat. I used my justicar and a mage, cast Doctrine of Bliss when I was only missing 50hp, mage pulls aggro on first spell, drop hp a bit, heal for 500, takes over 3k dmg for the mage to pull aggro. Maybe other spells behave differently, but overhealing seemed to not generate anything.

The thing though is healing generates as much threat as damage, and in semi AE situation heals will heal more than damage spells do. For example in a raid, as a senticar, I'll often cast Doctrine for 1.6k on 10people. It'll be hard to find ANY damage spells that does that much in one cast. It shouldn't be too much of an issue in 5mans, but some encounters have slow and steady group damage which will make your healer heal a lot if he's solo healing(with an offhealer the threat is spread out). Thinking 2nd boss in fae for example.

That....
    Would explain alot.

AoE taunt for we rogues is 5 nearest mobs.
    That damn 6th mob on those pulls can diaf -.-
    /prays for the day we get better tab targeting.
    You still get some aggro just because of the TP.
    Always watch the raid frames ( I assume you are using raid frame for 5men cause your healer will ask for it ). See red box around portrait, watch which mob is heading to your healer and smack it. If it's a caster, I , as a healer, will always silence it. It's his duty also to protect himself, not only yours to protect him.

Anyways, as a healer, I prefer healing a rogue 100xmore times then a rogue. But every rogue I get to tank feels so weird and inadequate at doing it, even if it goes great and I know he is doing a good job. Don't beat yourself up.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-21-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Time your heals about .5 later when the tank initiates.

As for rogues and AOE threat. Tell you group to wait 1-2 secs, its not going kill them to wait for you to hit a group of mobs twice. Warriors (even Reavers) have the same problem with dps just being ******ed and not letting the tank establish AOE threat. Rogue tanks produce enough AOE threat for their two AOE abilities, people just dont let them get them off.

Can you link your spec? I am a Rogue who off tanks in Greenscale, and main tanks T1/T2 experts and I have NO AoE threat problems.

Here is my spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tIuqdokkM.e0bc

Pick up Strike Back in BD and use Side Steps and open with Shadow Blitz on AoE pulls, you will gain tons of AoE threat from your counter attacks! This spec is perfect for AoE tanking.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 04-21-2011 at 02:14 AM.

GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 10/11
    Pvp rank 8 Rogue - Age of Aggression.
    www.resultgaming.com

Default Raid Frames and Tank sensibility

Tanks need to start waking up. Its not all about your epeen and anyone can steam in with an AoE.

Get down to the finer points with ordered kills.

Get raid frames on and DO something when healer or dps goes red.

Get raid frames on so your healer can see all those little bleed stacks etc without having to
    pick it out from the other 2 dozen buffs you have running FFS.

Try and learn what pre pull actions the healer needs and WAIT if you have a HoT still ticking.

If you need a few secs to consolidate then say so. Nobody thinks you are weak cos you need a little time, we will think you are more solid for knowing what is required to get the fight moving.

Obviously when you are in an "on farm" sutuation then chain pulls and as many as poss are the order of the day but have a little care in anything you are still gaining gear for your primary team on. It helps in the long run in so many ways.
    Notice : My signature is now only available from my shop.

It's common for warden healers to generate a decent amount of threat off the initial pull if they have their hots rolling on the tank.

But it's also pretty easy for the tank to deal with this and keep aggro.
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 04-21-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Plane Touched

The only hate issue I have is when the healer bubbles me and puts HoTs on me when I'm about to pull more than 3 mobs. It doesn't always cause problems, but some mobs just really hate our healers. They'll ignore my AoE force taunt, ignore my other AoE, and only using my single target ranged attack with force taunt will get their attention back.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

That makes absolutely no sense. If that would be true, Chloros would be tanking. Proof?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast