+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greenscale drop: saga's quest item

Shadowlander

Default Greenscale drop: saga's quest item

Hi all, there is a problem with last stage of saga. There is only one quest item which is dropped from Greenscale now. So, 20-man static raid to do this quest must kill this boss 20 times (20 weeks, 5 months).

Some of raids killed Greenscale 2-3 weeks ago and they completed saga quest because there was not a point to take the quest item from Lord Greenscale's body. Now, this point is.

Trion, why this quest is so hard now?

He also drops weapons that are better than the quest item so that should help out...

Rea

i expect him to drop the questitem for everyone (again) when the first t2 raid is released (or shortly after) to help gearing up for it

while the weapons are pretty good i agree that one drop per week is pretty low for such a major questline which takes quite some effort to do
    Last edited by Rea; 04-19-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Plane Touched

If you're guardian its obviously because you rolled the inferior faction and trion has deemed you unworthy of such magical purple pixels.

Rea

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrawp View Post
    If you're guardian its obviously because you rolled the inferior faction and trion has deemed you unworthy of such magical purple pixels.
    could also say that we dont need that many raidweapons to successfully do the stuff like the inferior defiants
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Shadowlander

But this is not justly!
    4 monthes of raiding to complete 1 quest!
    And this is in that time when people who killed Lord Greenscale 2 weeks ago already completed this quest. They had 20 items from 1 killing of Greenscale!

This is old news, seriously they patched this like a month ago. Its a shame you didnt kill him before they patched it eh?

Ascendant

Didn't this dead horse get flogged ages ago?

Shadowlander

How I understand, all of you are ready to farm Lord Greenscale for 4 months to get the quest item?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatum View Post
    How I understand, all of you are ready to farm Lord Greenscale for 4 months to get the quest item?
    Equivalent or better (not even legendary) weapons drop in RoS, I am surprised this issue been resurrected now that the new instance is available.
    Here is an example. This is Phatasmagoria:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/CCB4C359...Phantasmagoria

Now here are two staff drops from River of Souls trash:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E086E8E6...aff-of-Torment
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E286E8E6...-of-Lost-Souls

Also, I agree with you that it's not fair. The topic has been argued succinctly in the past. I have nothing further to add except that I don't think anything will come of this thread. I am certain Trion noticed the previous discussion held in Dungeons & Raids about the change to the quest. There's not much left to be said now, besides occasionally referencing the quest change as an unhealed wound. That is why you will probably not engage many Dungeons & Raids readers in this discussion; we have already thrown in our opinions before.
    Alektri@Byriel
    <Nightfall>

+ Reply to Thread