+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pets in t1+

Default pets in t1+

pets seem seriously broken / useless in t1+

in normal situations i can almost substitute with my pet for a tank, in t1+ my pet seems more a liabilty than anything else.

comments please.
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” – Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Infornmation please what class, which pet which t1 what buffs what group make up does the pet die do no damage what?

If you cant ask a question dont expect answers

you shouldn't use pets in t1/2 because it steals aggro from the tank, then in 2 seconds when its dead, all that aggro comes right at its owner.

if at all, keep it on stay and only let it loose if the backline gets aggro-ed to divert attention away from yourself
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmantle View Post
    Infornmation please what class, which pet which t1 what buffs what group make up does the pet die do no damage what?

If you cant ask a question dont expect answers
    44 necro, 6.5k wounds tank pet

in pve, i can tank it all, in a dungeon, it's worthless. thrass mobs kill it before healers land the first heal.

enough ?
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” – Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by muylaetrex View Post
    pets seem seriously broken / useless in t1+

in normal situations i can almost substitute with my pet for a tank, in t1+ my pet seems more a liabilty than anything else.

comments please.
    Well that's where you're supposed to use your DPS pet...

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    you shouldn't use pets in t1/2 because it steals aggro from the tank, then in 2 seconds when its dead, all that aggro comes right at its owner.

if at all, keep it on stay and only let it loose if the backline gets aggro-ed to divert attention away from yourself
    you illustrate my point.

in normal pve, i can keep aggro, in a dungeon, my pet is a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool of Society View Post
    Well that's where you're supposed to use your DPS pet...
    why does my tank pet go down faster than myself as a caster in T1?

Yea i agree , my harbringer of regulos never does any dps. worthless to summon.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Plane Walker

yeah, you should never use the tank pet in a group situation when you have a tank because it will taunt mobs, steal agro, die, and transfer the agro to you. that's why you have been given a pet that doesn't taunt.
    typed on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet

44 necro, 6.5k wounds tank pet

in pve, i can tank it all, in a dungeon, it's worthless. thrass mobs kill it before healers land the first heal.

enough ?
    Yes almost Working as intended

Most games necro pets can be so so tanks solo and with a good necro or the right gear or both can tank heroic/ group content to some extent.

T1 is the start of the raid progresion gearing up, i havent ever played a game where a necro pet is regarded as a raid tank.

Strange my ranger pig must be broken it cant tank t1's either ;)

Telaran

Pets aren't meant for tanking the content. Sorry to call you guys ret|arded, but you truly are ret|arded for thinking that. You should be getting a tank and using a DPS pet. Any other is just a hassle and shouldn't even worry about being summoned. This is almost like saying "why can't my pet tank the raid boss? he keeps getting one shot yet he is a tank pet" <-- see my point?
    Last edited by Zephr; 04-19-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    yeah, you should never use the tank pet in a group situation when you have a tank because it will taunt mobs, steal agro, die, and transfer the agro to you. that's why you have been given a pet that doesn't taunt.
    yes, i know that my tank pet taunts and my mdps detaunts, but they die in one second in T1

in normal pve, my tank pet can almost substitute for a true tanik, in T1, there is no way of keeping my pet alive for 2-3 seconds. as a necro.... it's stupid.

as far as i can tell, pets have no toughness stat.

and even without that, pet's in T1 are a liability.

Soulwalker

yes, i know that my tank pet taunts and my mdps detaunts, but they die in one second in T1

in normal pve, my tank pet can almost substitute for a true tanik, in T1, there is no way of keeping my pet alive for 2-3 seconds. as a necro.... it's stupid.

as far as i can tell, pets have no toughness stat.

and even without that, pet's in T1 are a liability.
    to use a worn out meme...ur doin it wrong

My dps pet can go through T1/T2 content and never die. If your pet is a liability, look at who's controlling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmantle View Post
    Yes almost Working as intended

Most games necro pets can be so so tanks solo and with a good necro or the right gear or both can tank heroic/ group content to some extent.

T1 is the start of the raid progresion gearing up, i havent ever played a game where a necro pet is regarded as a raid tank.

Strange my ranger pig must be broken it cant tank t1's either ;)
    ranger pig ??? my necro pet in som other game could solo all but 7 mobs in the full game . yada yada yada, sigh

necro class is useles,s without it's pet, and pets are usless in T1+. in this game, unless someone gives me some hints, pet classes are .... second rate for end game

Plane Touched

why does my tank pet go down faster than myself as a caster in T1?
    You're doing it wrong...

Tank pets are not supposed to be use in instances ever. Your pet doesn't have toughness so that's why it goes down faster then in regular.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast