+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You're forming a 5 man expert. You can bring a Bard or an Archon, Whom do you choose?

Plane Touched

Default You're forming a 5 man expert. You can bring a Bard or an Archon, Whom do you choose?

Just curious, really.
    Will Bards outshine Archons in certain dungeons and vice versa?
    Will it matter how the Archon is specced? Meaning if they are Archon w/ DPS vs Archon w/ Chloro.

I've always felt that the Archon will be the better choice of the 2-- especially if they are specced to do more DPS. Not only will they do decent DPS, but they will cause others to do as well.

What about you?
    Ciaramyst
    Elementalist | Chloromancer | Archon | Chlorlock

Telaran

Why would you take either, neither make up for the loss in soloDPS by raising partyDPS in 5mans (obviously an entirely different story in raids) enough to actually sustain the same figures and every t2 can happily be solohealed.

Just go healer, tank, 3x DPS and forget about buffer classes. If you desperately want buffs for some reason just get a chloro/archon as your healer.
    Last edited by Mikesglory; 04-19-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Champion

id take a bard or a chloro/archon mix for a second spot. since a full archon would offer no offhealing it would be of no value to me in a 5 man. as long as you have 2 solid dpsers youll be fine.

if you take a chloro they can also solo heal alot of the instance but having a backup healing certainly eliminates oops moments and can in general be one of the faster options, no stopping to switch roles, bad pulls are easily survivable etc.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Why would you take either, neither make up for the loss in soloDPS by raising partyDPS in 5mans (obviously an entirely different story in raids) enough to actually sustain the same figures and every t2 can happily be solohealed.

Just go healer, tank, 3x DPS and forget about buffer classes. If you desperately want buffs for some reason just get a chloro/archon as your healer.
    When you reach a certain gear level, yes. Until then, no, most experts are much harder for a solohealer, and I have been in numerous groups that would have wiped with every little mistake if we didn't have a bard/chloro doing offheals.
    Syonita - Kelari Rogue

Sez

I pick my guildie.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I pick myself as a chloro/lock and a bard as my support. Works on every expert.

I raid as an archon, btw.

TBH, Chloro/Arcon is much better than a Bard for a vast majority of dungeons which would require offheals. The difference levels in buffs they bring is minor, but the Chloro does better Single heals and DPS.

THAT SAID, there ARE some fights which are made easier with a bard over a chloro-con due primarily to their in-combat run buff. Off the top of my head, third boss in DSM and Plutonus. Caelia (because of her buggy as **** lightning and you wanting people to get outta it faster)

It`s certainly not a necessity mind you, but barding those fights does make it slightly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    but the Chloro does better Single heals
    Bards don't have one single-target heal, so that statement is slightly misleading.
    Syonita - Kelari Rogue

Champion of Telara

Silly question..

You can an Chloro/Archon and a Rogue DPS..Depending what and were you switch them..But if its only one of them

Chloro/Archon all the way..and i am a Rogue myself..imagine that.

Combo is just too strong to be compared to bard.. Bard is only good for AoE healing fights..His single healing is weak (Single healing? Bard? Lol!) compared to chloro..

Totally depends on the situation.

For overall. .Get a Chloro/Archon and a Rogue DPS and switch them whenever it suits you :> Have the mage DPS and the Rogue Bard.
    Last edited by potis; 04-19-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Plane Touched

I play all the roles and personally I'd rather have an archon/chloro then a bard. Better overall buffs and stronger healing power (at 50 only)..

Plane Touched

Done them with both in group. If done right you have more buffs then most think. Quite a few buffs stack with each other from bard and an archon. Both have buffs that add str/dex and both can be up at same time.

A cloro/archon is great build for experts and in the bard your have a lot of Debuffs and Buffs for the group. If played right You can off set buff so there is added armor added str/dex (over100), Added reists, Increase attack damage is up all at same time. We went thru faster then some of the other groups we had. Just communicate and know what buff each one should have up. Archon adds a lot to the group but also bard does too. 2 DPS plus the tank does a far amount more damage to make up for the lost of not having the 3rd full DPS.With all the buffs and Debuffs make up for that 3rd.
    Only Glory in Death is to Die with Honor.

If you are undergeared (not farming) I'd go with mage since chloro/archon can act as a 2nd healer making those hard hitting encounters rather trivial. However a good bard will fill the same role as an archon does in AoE-healing/Buffing making little to no difference.

Still mage having the possibility to be as a 2nd main healer outshines the usefulness of bard.

Koe

Do we have a chloro for living energy?

Yes?

Bring an archon.

Neither. Experts are easily solo healed with the right spec. Better to bring another dps to make the run fast.

Default Neither. You want 1 tank, 1 healer and the rest DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Froster View Post
    Neither. Experts are easily solo healed with the right spec. Better to bring another dps to make the run fast.
    That seems to be the prevalent notion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast