+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Dull, Boring PVE Boss Mechanics *discuss*

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Rift Dull, Boring PVE Boss Mechanics *discuss*

Hello my fellow gamers, today I thought about making a serious topic for me at least about pve content in Rift, I'm going to go over some suggestions, and what I don't like about it, if you don't agree on something you are free to reply and post your own responses that's why were all here for to improve the game for everyone! If my spelling is a little bit off, my sentence structure isn't correct I do apologize I'm still learning English and i will try to do my best to explain myself as thoroughly as I can.

So let's start with me saying what I don't like about pve aspects in Rift.

Time - for a hardcore gamer time in rift might not be such an issue, but for casual players to progress trough the content might be an issues. I have these 2 things happening constantly in my groups since t1/t2 dungeons are so time consuming people would either leave because they have to work, take care of there children, go out etc etc or just rage because group wasn't efficient enough and after 2-3 hours in a dungeon they would just leave. We all have to go trough learning process in the rift some players learn faster than the others, skill level of individual players is definitely reflected on the game, and by that the content sometimes will take even longer than expected, because of the learning phases for each new player that's starting out.

SuggestionWhat I suggest doing is shortening bosses hp, I've seen a lot of people complain about that factor it's not because of the difficulty issue it's like I said it's just too time consuming it becomes very dull and boring just dpsing it down for 20minutes straight, and lower the mob groups. Another good suggestion I thought about is having a timed dungeon run, with a loot at the end the faster you do it the better loot you get, that will make people focus on there game, will definitely boost players in pve content, competition wise because who doesn't have an ego in rift I have couple of more ideas that I would like to share but I'm running out of time and I just want to finish this post already!

Now were going to get into pve mechanics.

Boss Mechanics - I have to say this out loud " RIFT BOSS MECHANICS ARE DULL " , glad I got that off my chest, the best boss mechanic i've seen so far is Konstantine in KB with spikes what it does and force players to do is always be on your toes, increases skill level by paying attention to your surroundings, makes it fun and challenging at the same time, forces tank to learn how to kite and not just sit in one spot, but even that isn't enough sad but true I know it may look like I'm complaining a lot but I am a pve - wow player and what I loved about wow pve is the diversity and just the sheer number of boss mechanics it had. Instead of bumping bosses hp to 50million and making him do 2 spells and not move even once , why not add some interesting take some ideas from WoW and combine it into Rift. I'm not saying rift doesn't have any other good mechanics one of my favorite is LH shard stack and fear mechanic from Emberlord Ereetu that one is pretty fun too, focuses on strategical part, and keeps the healer on his toes.

Well I might come back and write something more for now I have to go do something, I thought I would just give my 0.02$ and maybe you will take this into consideration thanks guys!

Feel free to bash by the way.
    Last edited by joyride00; 04-19-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by joyride00 View Post
    forces tank to learn how to kite and not just sit in one spot
    Warrior + WotM. Makes Manticore sentries a lolfest too.

There are a lot of fights I enjoy. Most raid bosses are very fun, if a bit frustrating at times. The only raid boss I have yet to attempt is Alsbeth. Even 5 man dungeons are quite fun, atleast the t2 ones. Cyclorax is awesome, Konstantine is also a favorite of mine. Jultharin or w/e is incredibly fun, even though its basically a tank and spank fight. <3 doing Eliam on my RS. Overall I think dungeons are in a good place, but they're already going to nerf trash HP to make them go even faster.

Ascendant

Calyx on expert is my favorite fight thus far, very fun.

I'm wondering what game you came from where boss mechanics were more fun? Because I played WoW for a long time, and they are alot more fun then there.

Sword of Telara

I played WoW up until BWL. I can count on one hand the number of fights that weren't separate adds then tank + spank.

CC has a fairly nice variety of fights, same with DSM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Calyx on expert is my favorite fight thus far, very fun.
    Tank and spank with some raid damage and dodging a ground AoE every now and then is fun?

Well ok.

Unless you're doing it wrong and actually fighting him at the platform. Just drag him down the pathway and you can just ignore the beams.

Telaran

I sure as hell wouldn't call the xAP/KB final boss mechanics boring, fun as hell.

So i take it you havnt been turned into a squirrel by Hylas yet, then?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mohko View Post
    Tank and spank with some raid damage and dodging a ground AoE every now and then is fun?

Well ok.

Unless you're doing it wrong and actually fighting him at the platform. Just drag him down the pathway and you can just ignore the beams.
    Exploiting fights is lame.

Before you argue it isn't exploiting. Intentionally ignoring a mechanic on a fight is exploiting, bet you stand on the ledge for the DPS check fight in CC also :P
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 04-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread