+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devs: Iron Tombs (E) - Ragnoth Bug

Soulwalker

Exclamation Devs: Iron Tombs (E) - Ragnoth Bug

I know there have been other posts discussing the bug in this fight, but I want to be sure a dev notices this bug as soon as possible.

If you have been fighting Ragnoth in Expert Iron Tombs and Eliam (and his handy protect circle) do not spawn at all during at least one AE phase, please reply here.

It's incredibly frustrating when your expert group finally has the mechanics worked out of dispelling the snare, getting everyone into the circle and healed up, etc., only to wipe due to a bug. This happened to us last night on 8 separate attempts, preventing us from progressing and completing the daily.

Could we please get a /nod from a dev that this is a known issue?

Thanks Trion You've been great about addressing and fixing problems quickly and we appreciate that.

Soulwalker

I have done IT expert atleast a dozen times and have only ever seen the circle not graphically display-- never has the effect never been given when standing with Eliam's ghost for a couple seconds.

That or it may be an enrage mechanic. If you are wiping continuously on the guy because eliam stopped spawning to save your sorry arses, perhaps its cause your dps needs to stop hitting with their purses and do work. Maybe eliam will only spawn 5 times or so, then ur on your own

Ascendant

I'm only seen the bug where Eliam doesn't spawn to protect one time (out of about 12 runs), otherwise the circle doesn't always display but if you get close to him you get the buff.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SG57 View Post
    That or it may be an enrage mechanic. If you are wiping continuously on the guy because eliam stopped spawning to save your sorry arses, perhaps its cause your dps needs to stop hitting with their purses and do work. Maybe eliam will only spawn 5 times or so, then ur on your own
    Geeze, did you get sand in your panties today? He doesn't enrage or anything.

I've two manned him down (chloro/lock and war tank) from about 30% and the only bug I noticed was the graphical error with the circle not appearing.

Wonder if this is an extension of that bug and Eliam isn't displaying properly either, leaving you to guess.
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

Soulwalker

Just to clarify, I have seen both of the situations you are both describing:

- Eliam is there but circle is not visible, can still get buff.
    - Eliam is not up at all, and no circle is visible.

I have seen both of these happen during the same fight!
    I don't know if we were just super-unlucky last night, but regardless, it's a bug and last night it definitely halted our progress.

P.S. Save the flames. Obviously if we were better geared, we could beat the fight regardless of whether Eliam was there or not. The point is that it's a bug and unintended. Whether you can workaround the bug or not was never in question.
    Last edited by DominoToppler; 04-19-2011 at 10:05 AM.

That's what happens if you do RD first. I mean, why would Eliam show you if you just killed the guy! Geez come on folks.

+ Reply to Thread