+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Composition - Lifting the DPS

Shadowlander

Default Raid Composition - Lifting the DPS

"How do we do more deeeepeeeesssss?!"

Well, as noobish as that question might sound i'm just wondering if my raid is missing something. Some obvious synergy we're overlooking. I hear talks about people surpassing 1k DPS pretty often (and i've seen the parses) but my whole raid is just quite a bit from that.
    We did a 2 minute parse on Lord Greenscales first groundphase, and top DPS was like 880 (cleric), 822 (me, Ranger/mm/sin) and a Mage (805 SC/Ele). Most of raid was round ~750.

We've just reached Lord Greenscale so of course we're not raidgeared. Hence i'm not wondering why we're not hitting 1300dps, but we should atleast be closing in on 1k in full T2 gear, rather then 700-800ish where we are now?

Of course, my whole raid might just be handicapped, i'm not gonna exclude that theory, but before i come to that conclussion i'm wondering if there's something we might be missing.

So, after a wall of text: What's your typical raidcomp? Specificly, what raises your raid-dps? On the top of my head (i might be missing something) we use a Bard, a Archon and a warrior with pretty deep Warlord. Is there anything else significant we should be bringing? Or is our DPS actually okish, considering where we are progression-wise, and only gear will improve it?
    Pinchy/Sinful/Warpony
    [Ginnunga] Online gaming guild since 1999 Officer
    GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - HK 1/10

Do you have any dps warriors in your group? They should be topping your dps charts for ground phase. If they are not, than that is your issue. Your cleric and rogue dps look right.
    9/9

Tpz

Spec plays a major role in your damage output. Be sure they are playing the optimal specs, other than that maximize raid cooldowns (wild growth, flaring power, etc)
    Raiding as an Archon, A Guide

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    I didn't get to finish my quest before trion changed it, so I opened a ticket and said I accidentally deleted mine

I got two replacements within a couple days, along with a personal note saying: "Holy Warrior Grunz, use these imbalanced weapons to smite the European scum. They are all bad and incredibly small."

Recruiting!

Plane Touched

A reaver with 26 points gives 5% to the raid.
    A BM warrior would add 10% (5% from buff + 5% add damage on the target of his pet.)
    In my raid, only a few top 1300 DPS, and then, only on the bomb during Johlen fight.
    On a typical setup, they seem to be more in the 800 area in single target.
    Maybe those 1300 are taking in account aoes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    A reaver with 26 points gives 5% to the raid.
    A BM warrior would add 10% (5% from buff + 5% add damage on the target of his pet.)
    In my raid, only a few top 1300 DPS, and then, only on the bomb during Johlen fight.
    On a typical setup, they seem to be more in the 800 area in single target.
    Maybe those 1300 are taking in account aoes ?
    There are parses out there of rogues breaking 1100 on single target fights like Infiltrator, Warmaster, etc. Stormcallers can do 1300 on the same fights. I'm talking overall for the duration of the fight, not just for 20 second bursts in the middle of it.

One thing that is probably required to hit those kind of numbers is using every single consumable available. For melee this would be whetstones, AP cupcakes, +40 str/dex pots, etc.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 04-19-2011 at 05:36 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Chris: We had 1, he was about 800dps aswell. Ok, good to hear our other classes are atleast about up to par.

Tpz: Yeah, we're doing a big overhaul now for Lord Greenscale and pushing people to optimize. The first 4 encounters are so slack so we've been able to carry the underperformers though so we've first now rly needed to perform.

Zera: True, a BM (dunno our dps warriors spec, think it's champ/para) and our warrior tank picking up Reaver would help. Great tips!

Dina: We're pushing for people to flask up, using whetstones etc. For some of us *cough* ranged weapons *cough* there's not much to do cept ap-muffin + flask though.
    Last edited by Warpony; 04-19-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    Pinchy/Sinful/Warpony
    [Ginnunga] Online gaming guild since 1999 Officer
    GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - HK 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Warpony View Post
    Dina: We're pushing for people to flask up, using whetstones etc. For some of us *cough* ranged weapons *cough* there's not much to do cept ap-muffin + flask though.
    Yeah I hear ya. I've hit 900 DPS as Ranger/Sab on Infiltrator before, although this weekend I could not break 825ish for the life of me and I have no idea what changed.

I'll probably be switching to Assassin/Ranger or Nightblade for fights that are melee-friendly, but it's going to suck since we already have 10+ people in melee range on fights like that. Marksmen getting buffed in 1.2 might make them worthwhile, or we might just have to use Assassin/Blade Dancer builds since they're getting looked at too.

Some sort of temporary ranged weapon enchant would be very nice though, I agree.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rea

RoS, plutonus (straight single dpsrace)

vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9YTvPA1sjE

parser:
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8...benanntyvi.jpg

1330 topdps

killed greenscale twice so far, so there is no heavy influence by overwhelming gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Warpony View Post
    Zera: True, a BM (dunno our dps warriors spec, think it's champ/para) and our warrior tank picking up Reaver would help. Great tips!.
    The champ 30/BM 24/Para 12 spec seems to be the best warrior dps spec.

A war with 26 in reaver, clearly wont be the best in regards to mitigation and aggro.
    But for an offtank, or a fight where healing isnt an issue, then it's nice to have.

Major things would be to have everyone optimize their specs, make sure they are hit capped, and make sure they are using the right rotations. We had a few dps issues recently and were worried about Plutonis in RoS since it is a DPS check so we had everyone look over their specs to optimize their dps. We went from barely being on time for the enrage(7 min 30 sec to do 5.2 million damage) while we were learning the fight to having 45 seconds left on our actual kill just from a few people optimizing their specs(mainly our rogues who found a new spec that is letting them out dps our warriors now). Fully flasked and raid buffed we had 7 people pulling over 1k dps. A little optimization goes a long way, every little dps counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post

vid:

parser:

1330 topdps

killed greenscale twice so far, so there is no heavy influence by overwhelming gear
    You have to subtract the storm cypher from that to get the real dps off Plutonis. Parsers add that in as actual dps.

ETI
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post

vid:

parser:

1330 topdps

dunno what your mage spec is but in decent gear storm should be doing over 1,4k without any problems.

proof

And this is without banner for +SP and witchstone enchant,so it would be ~1,6k fully buffed.

P.S. Witchstones are fckn hard to obtain >.<
    Jozy
    The one and only.

Tpz

Hey guess what, Shocking Cipher is the boss's ability. So your numbers are wrong ;)
    Raiding as an Archon, A Guide

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    I didn't get to finish my quest before trion changed it, so I opened a ticket and said I accidentally deleted mine

I got two replacements within a couple days, along with a personal note saying: "Holy Warrior Grunz, use these imbalanced weapons to smite the European scum. They are all bad and incredibly small."

Recruiting!

ETI
    Rift Disciple

Hey,guess what -shocking cipher = 1430 DPS,so my numbers are correct.

15%crit bonus will give around 10%(u know that it isn't 15% more on crit,it's waaay more,isn't u?)

and 90 sp is ... ye,will be even more than 1,6.

BTW I was asking for SSN's storm parses for a long time,have any? (:
    Last edited by ETI; 04-19-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Jozy
    The one and only.

Rea

Quote Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
    You have to subtract the storm cypher from that to get the real dps off Plutonis. Parsers add that in as actual dps.
    what do you think the "excluded friendly fire" part is in that parser?
    thought we would throw some dmg voluntary at ourself to push dps?

that is the purified rdps

Quote Originally Posted by ETI View Post
    dunno what your mage spec is but in decent gear storm should be doing over 1,4k without any problems.

proof
    and still you take over 60 more seconds for plutonus
    Last edited by Rea; 04-19-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

+ Reply to Thread