+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gregori Krezlav

Default Gregori Krezlav

If you over-DPS him, he glitches and casts "Death Blast" while under the effect of the barrier and you can not interrupt him, resulting in a wipe.

His first add also glitches 80% of the time and remains summoned after the wipe, so someone has to attack him and die for it to despawn.

These glitches are really getting on my nerves lately..

Telaran

Glitches?

You can literally do the entire fight without interrupting deathblast. Use your cooldowns on the part of the fight when the first add spawns and gregs shield goes up. If you can't take the Deathblasts during the shield phase with the add on you, you either need better gear, or a better healer.

What kind of tank are you, btw?

Soulwalker

last few times this has happened death blast is one hitting most tanks.

Looking through combat logs if you don't interrupt Deathblast you will get hit by it twice in under half a second.

Plane Touched

it's not hard. I play the heal cleric role. if I see death blast while the boss is immune guess what I do? oh right healers covenant. Oh wow that was tough the tank lost about 40% of his health. AHHHH!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by strat1 View Post
    last few times this has happened death blast is one hitting most tanks.

Looking through combat logs if you don't interrupt Deathblast you will get hit by it twice in under half a second.
    If thats the case that its hitting twice in a row I'd call it a bug, but a bug I havn't encountered before (or I may have any didn't notice, as rogue tanks are very effective for this fight)

Id say if you continue having this problem, have the healer pop CDs as well as your own personal CDs as soon as the shield pops.

Rift Chaser

It does hit twice if death blast goes off. And it seems to be hp% based, like 45%x2 so unless you are capped off and then healed within half a sec after it hits you youre dead. Coming from a war, the 1k vk shield is about all you have and that MAY let you live through the death blast but still highly unreliable.

It is pretty rare timing when he begins to cast death blast and then goes immune meaning you can not interrupt it but Trion needs to fix it so he cant go immune until he isnt casting any spells, period. Not a huge deal, but still a needed fix for down the road.
    Last edited by Greggatron; 04-19-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Rogue tanks can pop Scatter the Shadows to ignore the Death Blast if he goes immune mid-cast, and their 30% DR cooldown is probably enough to keep them alive for it as well. There are a few different cleric cooldowns that work as well. The chloro spell that causes your target to heal for 2x the amount of the next spell that hits him does not work generally, since Death Blast hits twice and the heal for the first one doesn't land until after both of the hits do their damage.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Flackdamage View Post
    You can literally do the entire fight without interrupting deathblast. Use your cooldowns on the part of the fight when the first add spawns and gregs shield goes up. If you can't take the Deathblasts during the shield phase with the add on you, you either need better gear, or a better healer.
    As a cleric who heals DM daily and has over 900 plaques wasting away in the currency tab, I highly recommend trying that from the other side. What kind of healer do you have that can heal through the entire fight without Death Blast being interrupted as well as eating a Death Blast with the melee add up? Are you sure you're not confusing Death Blast with Rend Life? Or is your group simply raid geared?

To the OP:
    We've had the add stay after a wipe (shield -> aggro to healer makes for an annoyed healer) once or twice, but we just killed it at the start of the fight without it causing any large issues. The shielded Death Blast thing is odd. I get the impression that they thought of that, since half the time whatever he casts doesn't actually go off if he pops the shield, but sometimes it seems to just not happen. Same with if he's casting the summon, the add doesn't appear most of the time. I think I prefer this glitch where there's a chance for a Death Blast to go off, when there's a much greater chance that the add doesn't spawn.

zzzzz Rogue tank and lol @ death blast. kthx.

Koe

Your tank dies(OHKO) to a single death blast? We don't even interrupt them anymore.

The amount of elitism oozing out of this thread disgusts me.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Protip for dealing with an add that stays after a wipe: Rogue sap and warlord pull.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    The amount of elitism oozing out of this thread disgusts me.
    I know right..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Your tank dies(OHKO) to a single death blast? We don't even interrupt them anymore.
    You have provided so much to this thread

/applaud.

+ Reply to Thread