+ Reply to Thread

Thread: johlen help wanted

Rift Disciple

Default johlen help wanted

Raiding GSB with a half guild half pug group. Got duke on farm but really struggling on Johlen. He reminds me of that Shade of Aran fight in Kara. It was fairly easy if you were comfortable with the fight but really broke pug type groups.

I get the fight but we are struggling with the blinds leading into the devastation bombs. We get to 52% and hold Dps. Then resume when blind breaks but many times he gets another blind off rift as devastation bomb arms.

Are the bombs on timed intervals or does he throw a certain number?

I get that the fight isn't objectively difficult but it is very unforgiving. It'd be nice to see it slightly nerfed, but I don't think that will happen soon.

Any help?

Tpz

If you're stopping at 52% and missing transitioning at 51%, you have some MAJOR dps issues.

What I'm assuming is you aren't actually stopping at 52, and more likely higher, and missing that way.
    Raiding as an Archon, A Guide

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    I didn't get to finish my quest before trion changed it, so I opened a ticket and said I accidentally deleted mine

I got two replacements within a couple days, along with a personal note saying: "Holy Warrior Grunz, use these imbalanced weapons to smite the European scum. They are all bad and incredibly small."

Recruiting!

The blinds are about 18 seconds apart. If you have everyone hold at 77/52/27 for a blind and then burn after it pops you should be good. It shouldn't take that long to do 2%.
    9/9

Rift Disciple

Thanks ill try to be more vigilant about getting people to stop. 20 man raids + small guild =pain

Quote Originally Posted by mocktrial View Post
    Thanks ill try to be more vigilant about getting people to stop. 20 man raids + small guild =pain
    It's a pain for everyone. Trion expects 20 people to be able to focus for 5-7 minutes at a time and if only 18 are focused, the content becomes much more difficult.

From my experience, DoTs and pets tend to be the big culprits if you stop dps for blinding bombs.

I would also suggest watching some of the youtube guides. We got to ~6%-10% on our first couple of attempts and got stuck. Phase 4 is really the only hard part of the encounter if everyone understands what's happening and what they're supposed to be doing.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-18-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Have you got him to the final phase, just after the 3rd Devastating Bomb? If you have not, I recommend waiting until you have a guild group. Phase 1-3 shouldn't even count, and the bombs are just a DPS check. But one ****** in the final phase will wipe you every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Have you got him to the final phase, just after the 3rd Devastating Bomb? If you have not, I recommend waiting until you have a guild group. Phase 1-3 shouldn't even count, and the bombs are just a DPS check. But one ****** in the final phase will wipe you every time.
    Yup. That's the problem. Easier to correct in 5 mans. Much harder to correct in 20 mans.

However, I think it's a lot less hectic than most people make it out to be too. A lot of guides suggest that it's a dps race to the end. I think you might be able to do it clean if people could just focus a little bit more. The only real randomness that I've seen that kills people are the blinding bombs. Everything else seems avoidable.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-18-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Plane Touched

A few things: If you wait at 52 or whatever, resume DPS as soon as the blinding bombs hit, even if a part of your raid just got hit. By the time he goes into bomb phase, the blinds will be off anyway, but if you wait the additional 4secs of blind, then you might miss it due to poor DPS. Another thing to note is the blind is dispellable, so even if you get a bunch of people blinded, as long as you have a couple of sentinel healers, they can AE dispel 10people at once. You can easily recover from bad timing with that. In general though, stopping DPS or not, you can still avoid blinding bombs during the bomb phase, at least until there's 2 and even then it's relatively easy to do.

Rift Disciple

Talking

We've gotten to the final phase a number of times but things slowly unravel around 11% health. I have yet to see a you tube vid yet that didn't have mass casualties toward the end.

I think the blinds are the culprit at the end people tend to get blinded into bombs then stunned and killed by the wisps. I'm not a huge fan of the blind mechanic they really should be stationary.

+ Reply to Thread