+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert Dungeons...

Rift Disciple

Default Expert Dungeons...

I have a few questions on the Expert dungeons, I often see others spamming for parties and such.

Are these expert dungeons the same as all the other dungeons you level up in but just level 50 and do you need to finish the dungeon the first time in order to play it in expert?
    Also, what does the T1, T2 and T3 mean?

Are Mages often picked in these parties and if so, which Mages souls are common, DPS Support?

Nuv

T1, T2 and T3 are Tier numbers. This generally implies that you need Tier 1 gear to do well in Tier 2, etc.

Healing in MMO's since 1998
    Hardcore (SW:TOR) guild EU looking for players -> http://acumenguild.com

Rift Disciple

So there are different levels of each of these?
    So if I wanted to start doing expert dungeons then I'd need to do T1 first? or is there a basic level before this?

Soulwalker

Tiers are seen as difficulty, based on gear and player skill/knowledge.

T1 is accessible just as you ding 50, once you have the hit cap as a dps or the toughness cap as a tank etc.

it carries on like that, think of tiers of levels of character progression

T1 & T2 are Expert dungeons
    T2.5 Raid rifts
    T3 Raids

The expert dungeons are the same dungeons you play while progressing through the game regularly (Realm of the Fae, Kings Breach, etc) and you don't have to have been there before to re-enter them later on expert. When you have a group of 5 players at level 50 you can re-enter these dungeons on expert mode which scales up the difficulty and in some cases changes the layout a bit and adds extra bosses. Check this link here for which dungeons are T1/T2:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...2-The-Dungeons

Mages are awesome! They can main heal (with Chloro... I personally don't find it all that easy though!), support heal, AoE DPS (I like the stormcaller/ele), Support (Archon), Single Target DPS (I usually use Necro/Lock).

Mages put out a huge amount of dps and are always valuable... we're rather mage heavy in Lion Legion and have been known to run 4 Mage and a Warrior Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Klesk14 View Post
    I have a few questions on the Expert dungeons, I often see others spamming for parties and such.

Are these expert dungeons the same as all the other dungeons you level up in but just level 50 and do you need to finish the dungeon the first time in order to play it in expert?
    Also, what does the T1, T2 and T3 mean?

Are Mages often picked in these parties and if so, which Mages souls are common, DPS Support?
    The T1 and T2 content are the same dungeons. The same bosses from the normal version are beefed up and usually have an added mechanic or two. There are also a few new bosses to spice things up.

They're much more difficult than the normals that are fun, but /faceroll. T1 content will punish new 50's who are not geared correctly, not spec'd correctly and have poor group composition.

The tiered content at 50 is fun, but it requires people to know what they're doing.

You don't need to pot for example, but I wouldn't run with people are don't have 50 hit/focus/toughness and don't have their planar devices upgraded to at least all blue lessers. It takes a relatively small amount of time to do and makes a significant difference.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-18-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread