+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid markers..really? Come on Trion

Rift Disciple

Default Raid markers..really? Come on Trion

Whats the point of having them if you can't see which marker is on the targets portrait? It causes major pain for me when i tank when I have 3-5 mobs on my at once in a big pile.

Im already playing a tanking class with a lack of AOE, Riftstalker, so i like to mark targets in a kill order to avoid someone getting aggro on someone that I don't i have a lot of aggro on. But that is extremely hard to do when you can't see what marked target you are attacking.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by reinert012 View Post
    Whats the point of having them if you can't see which marker is on the targets portrait? It causes major pain for me when i tank when I have 3-5 mobs on my at once in a big pile.

Im already playing a tanking class with a lack of AOE, Riftstalker, so i like to mark targets in a kill order to avoid someone getting aggro on someone that I don't i have a lot of aggro on. But that is extremely hard to do when you can't see what marked target you are attacking.
    While I agree with your premise, your dismissive tone is pretty offensive.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Sorry, still just a little ticked off about my last run. Didn't mean to sound like that.

it would be a big help if they did show up on the portrait,
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king, And in MMO's with LFD the Tank is God

Soulwalker

I Agree to show up the number in the portrait,is annoing sametime to loose aggro because i waste same little sec to find the target that i have marked.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Paying 15 bucks a month gives you the right to have a dimissive tone .

Really though , why would Trion not have put the little number on the corresponding mob's icon also, not brain surgery you know ...

Telaran

/signed

I cannot believe how something as obvious as this was missed by the development team.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby Woof View Post
    Paying 15 bucks a month gives you the right to have a dimissive tone .

Really though , why would Trion not have put the little number on the corresponding mob's icon also, not brain surgery you know ...
    I agree with the op, but paying 15 bucks does not give you the right to have a dismissive tone

Agreed, the markers should show up on the portaits, and the markers should not show up on corpses. The markers on the corpses wouldnt big as big of an issue if they showed up on the portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

This was brought up during beta and i'm amazed it never made it into release or any patch there after. Right now, the only good thing marking are for is to keep tabs on where things are as apposed to what you have targeted.
    Last edited by Alder; 04-17-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Shadowlander

Very much agree, as a tank who leads raids im shocked this hasn't made it into the release client by now.

M
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War
    "Memento Mori" - "remember death, remember you are mortal"

Shadowlander

The OP wasn't dismissive, abrasive or insulting in his post. This is a basic concept that should have been in the game a long time ago, especially if it was brought up as an issue during beta.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Faited View Post
    The OP wasn't dismissive, abrasive or insulting in his post. This is a basic concept that should have been in the game a long time ago, especially if it was brought up as an issue during beta.
    The title of the OP is rather condescending, which sets the tone for the post.
    One workaround perhaps would be utilizing target macros for the marked ones - so you know who you have targetted. Means a few extra keybinds though.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Rift Disciple

definitely agree being a riftstalker tank myself, though "only" lvl 42 so far I already found it incredibly annoying it don't show up at the target portrait, and can easily imagine it getting worse as i get higher.

also would be nice if the marks disappeared soon after a target is dead, as another person mentioned too, but that part is by far LOWER priority imo than marks showing at portrait, and can live with the marked corpses
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Plane Touched

/Targetmark 1

problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread