+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob needs help with dungeons.

Soulwalker

Default Noob needs help with dungeons.

I am new to Rift. I have played 8 hours on Friday and Saturday. I was looking for an IT group and found one group doing IT and saw only three people talking about doing groups combined for both days. Am O doing this wrong or is there a dungeon finder like in WOW. I am having trouble finding dungeon groups, I am level 20 and never been in a dungeon. Could someone let me know if I am doing something wrong, and what is the best way to get into a dungeon. Thanks in advance for the help.

Soulwalker

Default Howdy

Hey there,

Sadly there isn't an LFG function within the game. This is actually the subject of a pretty good debate but alas, doesn't exist.

The method of finding a group isn't too bad though. You will want to type /4 or /5 to type into the designated chat channel for the levels of 10-19 and 20-29 or so.

Type within this channel that you are looking to start an Iron Tombs group and thus begins how much time you intend to spend trying to build your party. The other way is how the old schoolers used to do it, and that is simply doing a /who 17-25 and whispering away to the players your search finds.

I play on a lower population server, so it may take me 45 minutes to gather a party if none of my guildmates are up for it or logged in.

Iron Tombs, located in Freemarch, and DS Mines will be your first 2 dungeon experiences. IT is outdated by about the 22nd level or so in terms of gear value - but you may find people up to level 25 doing it to wrap up some good in-dungeon quest experience. DSM located in Scarlet Gorge will be doable by about the time you reach level 25.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info it really helped

+ Reply to Thread