+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Assault: Deepstrike Mines

Rift Disciple

Default Rapid Assault: Deepstrike Mines

How????

I honestly see no way this is possible with a normal group set up. Maybe if you have like 3 rogues just chain sapping everything and you skip half the raid, and even then it would seem hard.

We have thought about this and that is the only conclusion we can come to. 4 rogues and a cleric chain sapping their way through.

Rift Disciple

Can't rogues sap two things at once? I can't think of many packs that are more than 4 mobs. Two rogues should be enough if they both have the close range/long range sap spec.

That is unless one of those saps creates aggro...

Better question is how does CC rapid assault work? We tried skipping a bunch of trash with soul walking and it is still impossible as far as we can tell.
    Last edited by Araria; 04-15-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araria View Post
    Can't rogues sap two things at once? I can't think of many packs that are more than 4 mobs. Two rogues should be enough if they both have the close range/long range sap spec.
    The tooltip states only 1 target can be incapacitated at a time. I have yet to try using a Lost Hope with an incapacitate. Maybe it is a bug.

Soulwalker

Lost Hope and Incapacitate work separate from eachother, so 1 rogue can sap 2 mobs. Assuming you bring 4 rogues and 1 cleric, you can skip any pulls that have 8 or less mobs. Some pulls are so close to bosses they must be cleared (Gatekeeper, Dicron, Plutonus.

However last night I noticed in KBx that if you dont kill a certain patch of mobs, even skipping trash wont script boss spawns. In our case, we skipped the packs of bugs between the lizard boss and manticores. By doing this, we couldnt target the 2 death footholds in order to kill them and spawn manticores. By pulling the pack of bugs, they were target-able. Plutonus might work the same way in dSM, you have to kill ALL the trash in that hallway to open teh door. That sucks.

Soulwalker

NB and Assassin incapacitates can both be used to sap 2 mobs.

Not done DSM so not sure how ahrd it would be to get the acheivement there, but CC is very doable.

Ive went from beginning to downing Gronik in under 20min, and then we had a guy lose connection...
    CIDYM / Woodspryte

Now you're in the world of wolves... and we welcome all you sheep.

Plane Walker

Our group that cleared expert RD in 32-33 minutes finished a DSM run in about 49 minutes. Don't think their internal testing was very good ;p. There are people with this achievement but I doubt it was done legitimately, sorta like rapid assault Iron Tombs. Spending a couple resets to either have 2-3 rogues who know how to perfectly sap the instance or the slip away bug where all mobs just train the rogue without attacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESBj_ZbNko
    ^super bug
    Last edited by Value; 04-16-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Araria View Post

Better question is how does CC rapid assault work? We tried skipping a bunch of trash with soul walking and it is still impossible as far as we can tell.
    You can skip the majority of the trash between 1st and 2nd boss by hugging left side all the way to boss. Then you can skip all of the trash between 2nd and 3rd boss by hugging right side after you get down the steps (you do have to go into lava). You can check achievements at http://rift.zam.com/en/search.html?q...t#Achievements.
    Last edited by Value; 04-16-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    We have thought about this and that is the only conclusion we can come to. 4 rogues and a cleric chain sapping their way through.
    As someone mentioned, a *ton* of boss encounters have their script activations tied to trash. Silly, but true. :|

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

http://rift.zam.com/en/achievement/4...es#Discoveries

So it's only been completed on two servers. Seems reasonable!

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    As someone mentioned, a *ton* of boss encounters have their script activations tied to trash. Silly, but true. :|
    Indeed, silly. They should put all bosses on a conveyor belt so we don't have to move from the entrance to do instances.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Value View Post
    Our group that cleared expert RD in 32-33 minutes finished a DSM run in about 49 minutes. Don't think their internal testing was very good ;p. There are people with this achievement but I doubt it was done legitimately, sorta like rapid assault Iron Tombs. Spending a couple resets to either have 2-3 rogues who know how to perfectly sap the instance or the slip away bug where all mobs just train the rogue without attacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESBj_ZbNko
    ^super bug
    Those are people from the guild pubstompers in my server, the server first for killing greenscale.

Starting to doubt whether they did that legitimately as well

Quote Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere View Post
    Those are people from the guild pubstompers in my server, the server first for killing greenscale.

Starting to doubt whether they did that legitimately as well

As a matter of fact, we found a bug for greenscale as well. We got him to never stop doing air phase, so it becomes easy mode since he isnt even using genesis torrent.

U need to kill trash to open the door to Plutonus. Dont know if u need to kill all mobs in the last hall with lassers but since u spend arround 20 mins only to kill second and 4d boss this achivement cant be done in my opinion. I saw there is a bug and u get Rapid Assaults if u join a group to kill last boss but dunno if its working in all dungeons. I done this in RD.

Plane Touched

As the game goes forward, some achievements will have to be double checked since in order to obtain them you have to use some perverse mechanic that it is in no way related to being expert.
    How is a warrior or a mage supposed to get that achievement if you need 4 rogues sapping mobs through all the instance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast