+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Expert Dungeon changes for 1.2

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Zor

Default Upcoming Expert Dungeon changes for 1.2

Hello my fellow Rifties. I want to give small preview to some of the planned changes to our Expert dungeons. Note: This is not a complete list there are plenty of other things that should be updated (such as various achievement bug fixes).

As I've mentioned in an earlier post, we're generally happy with the overall difficulty but will be making a few adjustments for 1.2.
    - Reduced Health on non-boss encounters
    - Caelia the Stormtouched will be modified to be more understandable
    - Gronik's power gain will be nerfed
    - Rictus ground target ability will be nerfed a bit
    - Gatekeeper Kaleida will have the range of some of the crystal abilities reduced and will ignore line of sight
    - Scarn's smouldering bones will stay on fire longer
    - Ice Talon and the Falconer will have their health pools slightly reduced
    - King's Breach Manticores will not instantly use their special abilities
    - Shadehorror Phantasm will no longer spawn minions on pets

We will also be making some particular changes to make some encounters more melee balanced
    - Ragnoth's whips have reduced range, duration, and effectiveness
    - Fae Lord Twyl will no longer have any 'safe' locations
    - Sparkwing's PBAE will have a reduced range. His chained bolt will now work properly on ranged targets.
    - Konstantin's cleave will no longer be 360 degrees. Players that are in melee range will get a damage bonus.
    - Glubmuk's poison bolt will no longer hit melee.
    - Chillblains' elementals will no longer prefer to spawn on the closest targets
    - Queen Valnara's ground effect she drops on her location will hurt less.
    - Ouldare's special abilities will share a cooldown.
    - Luggodhan's goo will no longer target the tank
    -Berenger Fish-
    Dungeons & Raids Lead

Awesome. As a player with only a melee character and who can't often spend 2+ hours in a dungeon I welcome the changes! Thank you!

Shadowlander

As a melee Rogue, I'm very pleased to see that the difficulty for melee souls on some bosses was noticed and being rectified .

Still going to stick to ranged but I am glad my melee loving bros are getting some love!

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Shadowlander

Great changes. Trion is certainly keeping a finger on the pulse with these and other modifications announced across the board.

As a melee I whole heartedly support these changes!

Plane Touched

Please fix Dichrom "Ground Fault" ability so it can't crit, it's a real nightmare for melee to get oneshot without being able to avoid it, or make it so it won't hit from behind.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post
    Hello my fellow Rifties. I want to give small preview to some of the planned changes to our Expert dungeons. Note: This is not a complete list there are plenty of other things that should be updated (such as various achievement bug fixes).

As I've mentioned in an earlier post, we're generally happy with the overall difficulty but will be making a few adjustments for 1.2.
    - Gatekeeper Kaleida will have the range of some of the crystal abilities reduced and will ignore line of sight
    Way to cater to those that refuse to learn how to play. I agree with the melee changes to fights....just not all this nerfing because people are bad at the game. There goes the challenge.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

It'd be nice to see all of the bosses in the dungeons to have a chance to drop a malformed or corrupted soul based on its tier level. Not just the dungeons final boss.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 04-15-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    --BC

A compiled list of bugs and fixes I found:

Have you fixed Jultharin yet so people can't bypass his lazer by hugging the wall, going on the cliff, etc.

Have you fixed Majoric the Bloodwalker so people can't LoS his Blood Crystal behind the large stump to the left of him?

Have you fixed Ouldare so people can't stand on top of the cliff face/rubble and avoid getting flame pillars put on them? Or the silly railing <_<?

Could you buff the Gedlo council so you can't purge their self-buffs after one of them have died? IE: their magic damage reduction, damage increase, and combat prowess buffs.

You could also buff the Alchemist in DD to put hot tar on the tank so that he deals more damage with his fire cleave. (He's kind of a joke atm)

Could you fix Rhyka the naga so that you can't cleanse the bleed she puts on the tank? The fight becomes even more trivial with it being purgable. It would also help if the birds she spawned were elites instead of non-elites that are 3shot/ignored.

You could also make Cyclorax's galvanizing arcs do more damage (like 1k-1.5k) instead of 700~ because I usually just ignore them and heal through its damage as a chloro rather than waste time kiting around it.

Soulwalker

Really? make the dungeons even easier?
    Lately theres a bit too much catering for the masses here.

there wasnt anything hard to understand about, there was just an display error where the direction of her cast didnt meet her facing.

really?

problem here,like with alot of other ground targeted abilitys is that they sometimes wonīt render... i can perfectly see most of em,but some just wonīt show up. (geforce 266.58 driver,gtx460) thatīs something affecting alot of AOE in game for me.Always interesting to compare what i see to a friend who often makes videos on his ATI only to realise that alot more effects are rendered there(both max settings).

why? part of the encounter was to place the crystals... was that already too hard for ppl?

ok

Falconer already dies in seconds

why? they used to be hard right after release but now...

guess that one is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Banuvan View Post
    Way to cater to those that refuse to learn how to play. I agree with the melee changes to fights....just not all this nerfing because people are bad at the game. There goes the challenge.
    QFT

Every game people cry and moan and get their way, content gets easier and easier... If you honestly don't have time to do a dungeon there are always consoles and the games associated with them. Which is why when I don't have a lot of time before work or after work I will just break out a FPS and kill some people. Not ***** and moan about content too hard and taking too much time. /endrant

Rift Disciple

The loudest people are the ones crying about how this game is so hard. Way to cater to them Trion. I have never said it but damn, this is starting to sound like WoW dungeon nerfing all over again.

Soulwalker

Totally agree with melee changes but please don't nerf the encounters, they are fine like they are now (and I left wow for this reason... 0 challenge in pve) so please rethink about those

Just make ground aoe effects more visible on wider range of cards, if you wanna improve something ;)
    Last edited by MarkuzNW; 04-15-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post

We will also be making some particular changes to make some encounters more melee balanced
    - Ragnoth's whips have reduced range, duration, and effectiveness
    - Fae Lord Twyl will no longer have any 'safe' locations
    - Sparkwing's PBAE will have a reduced range. His chained bolt will now work properly on ranged targets.
    - Konstantin's cleave will no longer be 360 degrees. Players that are in melee range will get a damage bonus.
    - Glubmuk's poison bolt will no longer hit melee.
    - Chillblains' elementals will no longer prefer to spawn on the closest targets
    - Queen Valnara's ground effect she drops on her location will hurt less.
    - Ouldare's special abilities will share a cooldown.
    - Luggodhan's goo will no longer target the tank
    YAY! Finally, warrior DPS is viable in experts again!

But don't nerf the encounters. Part of the fun is getting through a tough boss

If people want easy mode in their MMO, go play the Hello Kitty one
    Last edited by masterojack; 04-15-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Herp Derp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast