+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 100 of 100

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Expert Dungeon changes for 1.2

  1. #91
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    The general rule of thumb is that you need T1 gear to run through a T2 dungeon smoothly and likewise T2 gear to run through a T2 dungeon smoothly. The gear that drops in the dungeon is appropriate level for the dungeon you are running. Once your group is geared out in T1s it is then time to push on to T2 dungeons and they should be very challenging until then. Making the dungeons this easy for a group in all blues ruins the end-game for me and my guild and many other guilds I've been a part of.

    It's not like the dungeons are hard anyway once you figure out a strat and keep to it. You can watch youtube videos all day long and wipe a hundred times wondering why the strats not working for you. It's about doing it yourself and they are making the dungeons way too LFG-tool friendly.

  2. #92
    Banned zalopapoil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default pet instant death in boss LOS mechanics.

    As a druid some boss are just IMPOSSIBLE to do without having your pet dieing all the time.

    For instance 4th boss in RD (the satyr from Fae) you have to hide behind a small pot when he cast his death bubble ability, no matter how hard I push my "pet follow button" there is no way my pet will come to me.

    So either make the pet invulnerable either allow us to force it to come right where we stand...

  3. #93
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zalopapoil View Post
    As a druid some boss are just IMPOSSIBLE to do without having your pet dieing all the time.

    For instance 4th boss in RD (the satyr from Fae) you have to hide behind a small pot when he cast his death bubble ability, no matter how hard I push my "pet follow button" there is no way my pet will come to me.

    So either make the pet invulnerable either allow us to force it to come right where we stand...
    easy fix, back up a couple steps when you click the "pet follow button" and the pet should go around the brazier (small pot/pillar thing) more reliably. you don't need to be right up against the brazier anyway.
    part of using a pet is learning how to control it in certain fights.

    I have to do it with ranger pets too and they have pretty good aoe avoidance.
    Last edited by Malformed; 05-08-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    <Vox Mortis>

  4. #94
    Banned zalopapoil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malformed View Post
    easy fix, back up a couple steps when you click the "pet follow button" and the pet should go around the brazier (small pot/pillar thing) more reliably. you don't need to be right up against the brazier anyway.
    part of using a pet is learning how to control it in certain fights.

    I have to do it with ranger pets too and they have pretty good aoe avoidance.
    Thanks mister obvious, very helpful I indeed never ever thought of that.

    Seriously, do you really think this is reliable for a melee who already has to run from the boss to hide ?
    No it is obviously not, I thought this was obvious enough for not mentioning it but seems I was wrong.
    Last edited by zalopapoil; 05-08-2011 at 07:42 AM.

  5. #95
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default

    This is my first mmo. /cheer
    Thank you!

    Anyway, I could not have enjoyed moving from 1 to 50 more. I fell upon a raiding guild thru prior gaming allegiances, and while leveling I heard much talk about "end game," not knowing what it was. By the time I had gotten there, I had made enough inferences about gear and relavent raiding stats such that I could lean on guildies to begin my ascent through experts to Greenscale.

    In this context, with skilled, charitable support, I found T1s too easy. I preferred the challenge and reward of the T2s. If this were my only experience, I would say don't make the game easier. But I've also struggled through less challenging dungeons without an experienced supporting cast. In this case, even though I prefer the challenge, I can understand the need for more accessibility.

  6. #96
    Shield of Telara Fluffycalico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeropride View Post
    whats up with FC? its easy mode then bam! Final Boss wipes you over and over again. is FC a gear score check or something?
    FC is by far the easiest T1 in the game. If its hard to you and other T1s aren't then check your strats as its very very easy.

  7. #97
    Ascendant Elux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Nerfing, really?

    Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

  8. #98
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zalopapoil View Post
    Thanks mister obvious, very helpful I indeed never ever thought of that.

    Seriously, do you really think this is reliable for a melee who already has to run from the boss to hide ?
    No it is obviously not, I thought this was obvious enough for not mentioning it but seems I was wrong.
    plenty of melee rangers and bm wars do it. duno if i would say reliable, but my pet only dies to the aoe if I'm not paying attention.
    it's just 1 extra button (pet passive, which you are already pushing like you said) and a couple extra steps further past the brazier pot thing to make sure the pet goes through.

    druids must be special somehow.
    Last edited by Malformed; 05-11-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    <Vox Mortis>

  9. #99
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    21

    Default 2020 Sparkwing still bugged

    OK so I killed everything, apparently also Sparkwing because I keep walking through over and over and he's nowhere to be found. I was killing 20+ at a time, not registering I killed him so can't finish quest.

  10. #100
    Prophet of Telara Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CandelLife View Post
    OK so I killed everything, apparently also Sparkwing because I keep walking through over and over and he's nowhere to be found. I was killing 20+ at a time, not registering I killed him so can't finish quest.
    Spark is flying around in the northern part.

    /tar spark

    He is high in the air and needs a ranged attack to get his attention.


    Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts