+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So i have a few questions.

Rift Disciple

Default So i have a few questions.

I leveled all the way to 50 without doing one single instance. I think I'm going to give them a try and need some help. I am a warrior and prefer Dps

1. What instances can I do to start out?
    2. How much hit do I need?
    3. Will my pvp epics work to start out?
    3. What is a decent spec for a pve dps warrior?

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by thapaintrain View Post
    I leveled all the way to 50 without doing one single instance. I think I'm going to give them a try and need some help. I am a warrior and prefer Dps

1. What instances can I do to start out?
    2. How much hit do I need?
    3. Will my pvp epics work to start out?
    3. What is a decent spec for a pve dps warrior?

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!
    pvp epics will work as long as you have a peice or two you can swap for hit.

afaik most warrior dps trees include a % bonus to hit, so factor that in to the equation, 50 hit = 10% reduced chance to miss, the trees generally have 5% reduced chance to miss, so you might only need 25 hit (a single necklace probably) to make up the difference.

depending on your group you could do just about anything...my first expert was FC and partial RD(t2)...i did them both over a 2 day period i just cant remember which was first. I had some pvp epics, and a few crafted epics at the time.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the advice.

Soulwalker

1. Iron Tomb is probably the easiest of the T1's and it is the one a random group is most likely to be familiar with which will help if you've never run any. Avoid King's Breach unless you are confident of your tank's ability to handle the manticores.

2. Hit for T1 is 10%, T2 is 20%, and T3 (Current Raid Tier) is ~30%. Melee were still getting dodged at 20% iirc but I've only dps'd as a healer cleric going druid and I was over on focus. By the time you'd be thinking of stepping into a raid someone will be able to give you the lowdown on hit for raid bosses.

3. Since you've only just hit 50 your pvp epics are probably rank 2 at best, assuming you've been doing some warfronts since hitting 50, so they'll be better than what most people step into their first T1's with. PvP gear actually have more stats overall b/c you don't give up very much for the valor, +armor, and +endurance so if you enjoy doing wf's a lot go for it.

4. There is a strong paragon spec but your best bet will be beastmaster as it didn't take too much of a hit in the recent patch so the spec should be easy enough to find and people will actually know what they're talking about. Beastmaster will also bring great buffs in a 5 man.

Some general tips:

If you have any fps issues try the low quality renderer. You don't lose any important graphical information from encounters.

Make sure you get the full source core planar essence thing (the one that costs 7500 planarite.) Do invasions and stuff to get better essences. Check to see if the greater essences your using actually work; a lot don't. If they aren't working enough, or at all, you can always put a lesser essence in a greater essence slot and wait for a really good essence.

Ciderhelm (the founder of tankspot) has done great videos on all the dungeons. Look him up on youtube. Do it. Seriously. http://www.youtube.com/user/Ciderhelm
    Last edited by McRask; 04-15-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Ascendant

McRask:

id argue LH is easier than IT, at the very least it is less time consuming.

IT has one extra boss though.

he wont have to deal with bonelord as a melee in LH either.

Quote Originally Posted by McRask View Post
    1. Iron Tomb is probably the easiest of the T1's and it is the one a random group is most likely to be familiar with which will help if you've never run any. Avoid King's Breach unless you are confident of your tank's ability to handle the manticores.

2. Hit for T1 is 10%, T2 is 20%, and T3 (Current Raid Tier) is ~30%. Melee were still getting dodged at 20% iirc but I've only dps'd as a healer cleric going druid and I was over on focus. By the time you'd be thinking of stepping into a raid someone will be able to give you the lowdown on hit for raid bosses.

3. Since you've only just hit 50 your pvp epics are probably rank 2 at best, assuming you've been doing some warfronts since hitting 50, so they'll be better than what most people step into their first T1's with. PvP gear actually have more stats overall b/c you don't give up very much for the valor, +armor, and +endurance so if you enjoy doing wf's a lot go for it.

4. There is a strong paragon spec but your best bet will be beastmaster as it didn't take too much of a hit in the recent patch so the spec should be easy enough to find and people will actually know what they're talking about. Beastmaster will also bring great buffs in a 5 man.

Some general tips:

If you have any fps issues try the low quality renderer. You don't lose any important graphical information from encounters.

Make sure you get the full source core planar essence thing (the one that costs 7500 planarite.) Do invasions and stuff to get better essences. Check to see if the greater essences your using actually work; a lot don't. If they aren't working enough, or at all, you can always put a lesser essence in a greater essence slot and wait for a really good essence.

Ciderhelm (the founder of tankspot) has done great videos on all the dungeons. Look him up on youtube. Do it. Seriously. http://www.youtube.com/user/Ciderhelm
    Great post, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread