Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 DPS Looking for Tank/Heals Expert DSM!

Default 3 DPS Looking for Tank/Heals Expert DSM!

I join group - "Hello"
    Me - "So which one of you will be support healing" (Speaking to 2 rogues & a mage btw)
    Them - "Your healing, we are dps specs"
    Me - "Can one of you switch to a support role to assist healing please. DSM is pretty challenging"
    Them - *Crickets*
    Me - "Have you guys even picked up your support souls bard/chloro yet?"
    Them - *Crickets*

I leave group.

Good times...

Good that in this game we can play what we want instead ofwhat others want. You will not be missed
    Main: Milika - EU - Firesand - Defiant - female eth
    Alt: Jerlis - EU - Firesand - Defiant - female kelari

Some Jerlis background (not finished)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Jerlis-comics

(Not related to Rift)
    My RP stories from AoC
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...04#post1618204

Yes because I was being unreasonable trying to create a group composition that will be successful. Show me a video of a healer solo healing all of DSM.

So unless you are a warrior what is your support role? Or do you have a tank role so you had a tank and 2 dps?

just sayin' hard to expect someone else to have one if you don't.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jerlis View Post
    Good that in this game we can play what we want instead ofwhat others want.
    When you play without any consideration for others, you usually end up playing solo
    Last edited by Imi; 04-15-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
    So unless you are a warrior what is your support role? Or do you have a tank role so you had a tank and 2 dps?

Sounded like he was heals and the three dps didn't have/were unwilling to switch to a support role.

Shield of Telara

I roll with nothing but a Chorlo/Lock build. People that want to play DPS cn spend more time than me looking for groups.

The first thing I do as a mage when I join a group is ask if they want me pure dps or as a support healer. Whichever role will best serve the group is the role that I want to play. My goal is to finish the instance as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post

Perhaps my initial post was unclear. I joined a group which consisted of 2 rogues, 1 mage. I myself am a cleric. I heal primarily & can tank T1 experts. I don't have the toughness for T2 however. The point I am trying to get across is, how do 3 seperate players level all the way to 50 & expect to clear T2 content without having any idea how to play their support souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Imi View Post
    When you play without any consideration for others, you usually end up playing solo
    Duh.. don't post before coffee...

Sorry.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ushistorycoach View Post
    The first thing I do as a mage when I join a group is ask if they want me pure dps or as a support healer. Whichever role will best serve the group is the role that I want to play. My goal is to finish the instance as soon as possible.
    I'm the same way, but my goal is just to have fun and not wipe.

That said, I try to restrict myself to guild runs to avoid jerks.
    Last edited by Imi; 04-15-2011 at 04:31 AM.

cdn
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    I roll with nothing but a Chorlo/Lock build. People that want to play DPS cn spend more time than me looking for groups.
    I'm leveling a Cleric with tank/heal/DPS builds I keep up to date. I keep hearing about all these people LFM for hours at a time; if I actually ran a dungeon every time an opportunity came up I'd never be able to quest.

I would say people who can't get groups have only themselves to blame, but I think that's only really true on Wolfsbane where there's zillions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerlis View Post
    Good that in this game we can play what we want instead ofwhat others want. You will not be missed
    What level are you? Really, just curious.

As the OP pointed out, DSM is challenging on expert. Ridiculously so. The vast majority of the playerbase will say it is the most challenging expert. Even with a group that has started to raid GSB, we still cringe a bit when we talk about running DSM.

You can play anything you want. But others can also leave you behind. The request from the OP was not unreasonable. Being able and willing to switch roles is what makes a group successful.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by cdn View Post
    I would say people who can't get groups have only themselves to blame, but I think that's only really true on Wolfsbane where there's zillions of people.
    Most people just want to use their dps and are unwilling to use their secondary roles to get into groups.

There aren't enough dps slots in the dungeons for everyone so they have to wait.

They blame server populations for this and so expect an LFD tool to solve the problem. It won't! They'll just complain about long LFD queue times.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    Perhaps my initial post was unclear. I joined a group which consisted of 2 rogues, 1 mage. I myself am a cleric. I heal primarily & can tank T1 experts. I don't have the toughness for T2 however. The point I am trying to get across is, how do 3 seperate players level all the way to 50 & expect to clear T2 content without having any idea how to play their support souls?
    It's pretty simple. They don't want to. Any additional silly questions?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast