+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screwed over

Soulwalker

Default Screwed over

To the server maintenance personnel at trion. For the past few hours I have been in a tier 2 Runic descent run with 4 Guildmates of mine trying to down the 4th boss. Finally, after hours of hard work, wipe after wipe, and several platinum, we get are about to kill him. Then the servers go down.... (4:53 am Est)

I request that we at least be compensated the plat or just clear the locks on the dungeon so that we can reach the final boss.

-Kialas and everyone else that got screwed over in this unannounced shutdown

Soulwalker

ubadbro.
    umadbro?

Quote Originally Posted by SG57 View Post
    ubadbro.
    umadbro?
    Internet abominations... Oh btw, want to buy a keyboard? Space included!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SG57 View Post
    ubadbro.
    umadbro?
    Is this english?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkhealer View Post
    Is this english?
    Idiotspeek i think.

u bad bro
    u mad bro?

I wonder how lazy people will get in the next years.

Soulwalker

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Handa; 04-15-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

This has happened a couple of times to me, however the dungeons don't usually reset so you should just be able to go back in and finish it off. If for some reason the dungeon has reset then there's nothing you can do about it.
    Dungeon locks have nothing to do with your situation, if they cleared the locks then the dungeon will be reset and you'll have to cealr it all again.

Now you guys get more loot! You should be happy /nod

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noodz View Post
    This has happened a couple of times to me, however the dungeons don't usually reset so you should just be able to go back in and finish it off. If for some reason the dungeon has reset then there's nothing you can do about it.
    Dungeon locks have nothing to do with your situation, if they cleared the locks then the dungeon will be reset and you'll have to cealr it all again.
    Exactly. You can just go in and finish it. We couldn't kill Caelia with one group, so a few hours later we went back and killed her with another group. Only had to re-clear the trash after Jultharin or whatever his name is. Server restart shouldn't change that.

To address the original complaint, it seems to me that it would be prudent to have a maintenance schedule available for everyone to view. Obviously emergency maintenance *cough* dye vendor *cough* has to be right away, but if it's a simple fix and requires bringing the servers down, it should be transparent 24 hours prior.

We run over 500 servers in production, and our maintenance is announced the moment we know about it, and email reminders are sent out 24 hours in advance.

We were also on a boss last night, it was no problem, just a T1, but I can see how that is frustrating in your situation. You would not have started in on the T2 if you had known about the maintenance.

I don't think you should be compensated for anything, however, it's part of the game. I just hope that Trion would do something to let us all know what's happening way in advance.

+ Reply to Thread