+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Resist Changes

Rift Disciple

Default Death Resist Changes

ITEMS
    * The following items had Death Resistance incorrectly set on their stats; this has been removed.
    * Magical Tendril, Breath of the Wild, Staff of the Creeper, Spiritguider, Frozen Scepter, Ceremonial Shoulderpads, Ceremonial Visage, Ceremonial Robe, Band of Spells, Sagebrush Spellstaff, Carmintium Spellcutter, Carminite Longsword, Ill-Fated Relic, Voodoo Charm, and Pugilist's Signet.

Thanks for letting our whole guild spend a **** load of plat farming these items, only to remove ALL Death Resist Items from the game, besides essences, and the enchant for Chest/Shoulders..

Good ****ing Game.

You might as well just remove all earth/water resistance while you're at it now, so you don't have to do it 2 days before Hammerknell comes out.

wix
    Soulwalker

/agree

"The following items had Death Resistance incorrectly set on their stats; this has been removed."

Seriously ? Incorrectly ?
    I dont think it was a mistake that it was on there, but now that we can benefit from DR the decision was made to remove it. Poor planning sirs.

Option to remove enchants from items no longer viable for Resist sets plz.

or maybe a refund on money / planarite used on augments to create resist items.

You have hurt the trust of many of your subscribers with this decision.

F'n Fail

Rift Disciple

Did you honestly think they were going to make a Resist set required for a modern MMO raid?

I know Trion makes some strange design decisions, but.... Really? :|

Edit: Also I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that they 'hurt the trust' of < 100 subscribers. I've only heard of one or two guilds stocking up on death resist gear. Flasks sure, but full sets? Que?
    Last edited by Jerle; 04-14-2011 at 11:33 PM.

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

Rift Disciple

Have you seen that gear?

You lose absolutely no stats from taking those rings with augments and you gain +64 Death Resist.. My question to you, is why wouldn't you use them? The shoulders with augments are essentially the same as t2 shoulders.

The fact that the rings have been in the game since pre-release is pretty bogus, that they come out and say that they were incorrectly flagged with DR, and completely remove DR from every single gearslot item.

Again, there is a huge benefit from taking the items, and no downside.
    Last edited by TheJudge; 04-14-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Shadowlander

I agree, I put epic augments on my crafted items that I got made simply for the resist. Lame as balls. Whatever, I'm sure River of Souls will be just as easy and disappointing as GSB anyway.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

If they aren't going to include resistance sets then there is really no reason to include individual resists on anything in the game. Just give a flat magic resist rate period. As long as there is itemized individual resists it leads players to the conclusion these things might actually matter.

FUUUUUU my rings.

there goes my 320 + dr on tank..

No death resist for n00bs. Good job Trion.
    Nuka <Elventy> (Icewatch EU)

Shadowlander

Yeah heaven forbid there be sets of items that come in handy for specific pieces of content.....

Telaran

They were not incorrectly set. Those items have been in the game for a very very long time and only appeared on items that required end-game faction to obtain.

What instead happened is that someone suddenly realized what the implication was for high across the board reduction in death damage taken for raid content that was largely death-based damage and pulled a knee jerk reaction to lower the possible death resist that a player could obtain.

Simply put they didnt really consider what they were doing when they added +27 resist runes, +30 resist from Planar Protection, better resist flasks, and a 20 DR resist trinket when added to the ALREADY EXISTING items.

Don't say they were "incorrectly set" just state the following:

"With the increase in the available sources of resistance post release and in-line with our current intents and design with respect to how resistances work in Rift we have decided to remove Death Resist from the following items"

Man the heck up and take some responsibility for your conscious choices.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    They were not incorrectly set. Those items have been in the game for a very very long time and only appeared on items that required end-game faction to obtain.

What instead happened is that someone suddenly realized what the implication was for high across the board reduction in death damage taken for raid content that was largely death-based damage and pulled a knee jerk reaction to lower the possible death resist that a player could obtain.

Simply put they didnt really consider what they were doing when they added +27 resist runes, +30 resist from Planar Protection, better resist flasks, and a 20 DR resist trinket when added to the ALREADY EXISTING items.

Don't say they were "incorrectly set" just state the following:

"With the increase in the available sources of resistance post release and in-line with our current intents and design with respect to how resistances work in Rift we have decided to remove Death Resist from the following items"

Man the heck up and take some responsibility for your conscious choices.
    Exactly. I would like to shake your hand.

ITT: Hardcore PVEer's cry about Trion nerfing Death Resist on ****ty gear.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    ITT: Hardcore PVEer's cry about Trion nerfing Death Resist on ****ty gear.
    LoL, don't worry about content you can't do bro. The big kids are having a discussion in here. Go peeveepee in your welfare epics.

Not having to farm for resist sets is a good thing. Just because you jumped the gun and made incorrect assumptions about the course the game was going to take in unreleased content doesn't mean Trion is to blame.

+ Reply to Thread