+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greenscale Blight

Telaran

Default Greenscale Blight

Hi, I am the GM of <Vainglorious Sanctum> we are the top guild on Nyx shard and we are blowing through GSB. greenscale should be down this week. so i wanted to ask...is there an expert GSB? or do we just have to wait for RoS
    Guild Master
    <Vainglorious Sanctum>
    <STHGINK>
    Sikend - 50 - Warrior
    Bane of all Guardians

wait for RoS.

We actually had a guild member that this whole time thought we were running an Expert version of GSB because we always have it set to expert when we enter. Lulz.

Telaran

Mmk thanks for the heads up.
    Guild Master
    <Vainglorious Sanctum>
    <STHGINK>
    Sikend - 50 - Warrior
    Bane of all Guardians

Rift Disciple

So you downed Duke Letardeus, and Infiltrator Johlen and you think you'll have GS killed by the end of this week.

Not to discount that you could have 20 amazing players, but that just doesn't seem likely and I think you are in for a world of hurt when you get to Hylas, let alone Greenscale.

To answer the question that has already been answered, no, there is not a 'hard mode' version of GSB. Also, RoS is said to be the same tier so don't expect too much from it in terms of difficulty. After all, we are only in the first tier of raid content.

My question for you is, what constitutes "flying through GSB," in your opinion? Especially considering you've only cleared up to Oracle (according to the posts on your shard's forums) and Hylas/GS are decently difficult encounters, especially when looking at the first 3 extremely easy fights.

And here's a suggestion (as you say you're the top guild on your server), go to Rift-Progress and start tracking your progression there so you and others can see where you fit into the grand scheme of things. The more guilds on the site, the more accurate the information.

Good luck on Hylas and Lord Greenscale. They are fairly fun fights.
    Last edited by Rhendali; 04-15-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    To answer the question that has already been answered, no, there is not a 'hard mode' version of GSB. Also, RoS is said to be the same tier so don't expect too much from it in terms of difficulty. After all, we are only in the first tier of raid content.

My question for you is, what constitutes "flying through GSB," in your opinion? Especially considering you've only cleared up to Oracle (according to the posts on your shard's forums) and Hylas/GS are decently difficult encounters, especially when looking at the first 3 extremely easy fights.

And here's a suggestion (as you say you're the top guild on your server), go to Rift-Progress and start tracking your progression there so you and others can see where you fit into the grand scheme of things. The more guilds on the site, the more accurate the information.

Good luck on Hylas and Lord Greenscale. They are fairly fun fights.
    On Hylas you just need to actually have 20 people in your raid to kill him. We nearly did it with 16 but wiped at 11% on the enrage timer.

With 20 he should be a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
    So you downed Duke Letardeus, and Infiltrator Johlen and you think you'll have GS killed by the end of this week.

Not to discount that you could have 20 amazing players, but that just doesn't seem likely and I think you are in for a world of hurt when you get to Hylas, let alone Greenscale.
    I actually find Hylas easier than Duke, it's just more healing intensive. The only difficult fight in Greenscale is Greenscale, we actually killed all 5 bosses in 1 night this Wednesday(1 and 1/2 hours on first 4 bosses and 1 hour on Greenscale to finally kill him for our first time). Although it wasn't our first time in there, if they watch videos on the fights and have good players they shouldn't have issues getting up to Greenscale at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
    I actually find Hylas easier than Duke, it's just more healing intensive. The only difficult fight in Greenscale is Greenscale, we actually killed all 5 bosses in 1 night this Wednesday(1 and 1/2 hours on first 4 bosses and 1 hour on Greenscale to finally kill him for our first time). Although it wasn't our first time in there, if they watch videos on the fights and have good players they shouldn't have issues getting up to Greenscale at least.
    How can Hylas be easier than duke?

Duke is tank and spank, on hylas you actually need to move out of AoEs throughout the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    How can Hylas be easier than duke?

Duke is tank and spank, on hylas you actually need to move out of AoEs throughout the fight.
    Duke is a tank/spank with adds that need to be killed at certain times and a little kiting. Hylas is just a tank/spank with predictable AOEs, adds that tanks pick up, and heavier healing. They're both simple fights, I find Hylas just as easy if not easier than Duke if you have good healers and a raid with simple brain functions to not stand in AOE and attack the right target.

Duke is a tank/spank with adds that need to be killed at certain times and a little kiting. Hylas is just a tank/spank with predictable AOEs, adds that tanks pick up, and heavier healing. They're both simple fights, I find Hylas just as easy if not easier than Duke if you have good healers and a raid with simple brain functions to not stand in AOE and attack the right target.
    Hylas has a worse enrage timer though (well, more HP)

Hylas has a worse enrage timer though (well, more HP)
    Duke's is like 7-8 minutes right? Unless they changed it from the first time we did him. I haven't seen Hylas' enrage timer though so I can't comment on that, what is the timer at?

Rift Disciple

"Cripple Fight!"

Seriously guys do you have to argue about the little things? Get to Lord Greenscale, Win, Move on. You have till tomorrow before RoS comes out so get on it!

Duke's is like 7-8 minutes right? Unless they changed it from the first time we did him. I haven't seen Hylas' enrage timer though so I can't comment on that, what is the timer at?
    Pretty sure it's after critters and you break his shield when he starts getting a stacking buff every 10 seconds which increases damage done.

Seems to be at or close to 10 minutes according to some parses of wipes. The problem is that on Duke you only need like what, 2 or 3 healers? Meanwhile, on hylas you need 5 or 6 healers and a reaver, so that's 4 less DPS right there.

With a raid setup consisting of 3 tanks, 5 healers, 1 reaver, 1 archon, 1 bard and 5 DPS we still can't kill him before the enrage timer, need about 150k more damage.

If everybody could spec DPS it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    Pretty sure it's after critters and you break his shield when he starts getting a stacking buff every 10 seconds which increases damage done.
    He enrages before the stacking buff kills you. We got to like 14 stacks I think when he got a red skull buff named "Enraged" and one-shotted the entire raid at once (it wasn't a soul fracture).
    Last edited by nand chan; 04-15-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Seems to be at or close to 10 minutes according to some parses of wipes. The problem is that on Duke you only need like what, 2 or 3 healers? Meanwhile, on hylas you need 5 or 6 healers and a reaver, so that's 4 less DPS right there.

With a raid setup consisting of 3 tanks, 5 healers, 1 reaver, 1 archon, 1 bard and 5 DPS we still can't kill him before the enrage timer, need about 150k more damage.

If everybody could spec DPS it wouldn't be a problem.

He enrages before the stacking buff kills you. We got to like 14 stacks I think when he got a red skull buff named "Enraged" and one-shotted the entire raid at once (it wasn't a soul fracture).
    3 tanks and one reaver? so 4 tanks? what the heck. Just turn those 3 tanks into reavers imo... reavers are tanks >.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast