+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Lower the lockout on raid instances please with cherries on top? :)

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26

    Red face Lower the lockout on raid instances please with cherries on top? :)

    My guild currently has the greenscale instance on farm (for example, we cleared it last night in 2.5 hours including Lord Greenscale).

    I know there is another raid instance coming out soon... but im pretty sure we will have it down to under a nights worth of raiding too... Would be really nice to have content to do when we are not progression raiding

    I understand the need for the lockouts... just worried about having content to run. (And nobody really needs much from the raid rifts anymore).

    A cool idea might be having the raid instances drop reagents needed to open rifts that drop gear near tier equivalence of the raid they are dropped from. Maybe with a focus on essences and etc. (Or hell, could drop pets anrd appearance armor LOL)

    Kthnxbye!

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Fiasco3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    .

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Oh look, another self congratulatory thread disguised as a suggestion thread.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    It's actually not a bad idea. At this point, my guild clears GSB in a night and then just accumulates some raid rift dailies and every few days we knock them out. So we don't really have a lot to do apart from PvP or helping out some late comers in (tedious) experts.

    Be as jealous as you'd like, and no doubt some other trolls will join you shortly, but there is a lack of progression content. Period.

  5. #5
    Telaran Xombies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I agree, it's not bad a idea but it would have to go hand in hand with the ability to extend lockouts on said content.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
    GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5
    8gb Ripjaws DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
    2 x Radeon HD 6850 1GB
    2x WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Raid0

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Oh look, another self congratulatory thread disguised as a suggestion thread.
    I don't even have my Guild or Character name listed... so I hardly see this as a self-congratulatory thread. Some of us just want to talk about stuff that has an effect on us given the state of progression we actually have in the game.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Wheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laylle View Post
    My guild currently has the greenscale instance on farm (for example, we cleared it last night in 2.5 hours including Lord Greenscale).

    I know there is another raid instance coming out soon... but im pretty sure we will have it down to under a nights worth of raiding too... Would be really nice to have content to do when we are not progression raiding

    I understand the need for the lockouts... just worried about having content to run. (And nobody really needs much from the raid rifts anymore).

    A cool idea might be having the raid instances drop reagents needed to open rifts that drop gear near tier equivalence of the raid they are dropped from. Maybe with a focus on essences and etc. (Or hell, could drop pets anrd appearance armor LOL)

    Kthnxbye!
    Not exactly sure why you would be asking this, as you and your guild raced through content that was evidently not their intent to be progressed this fast through, and you now want them to reverse the trends they have put in so far?

    Almost everything they have released after launch was to slow progression to End Game down, making a lockout timer shorter, so people who are already far ahead, get EVEN further ahead, just makes no sense. Look at their current trend, sorry to burst your happy bubble, lol
    Last edited by Wheeler; 04-14-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombies View Post
    I agree, it's not bad a idea but it would have to go hand in hand with the ability to extend lockouts on said content.
    This. For people trying to casually progress through the content, a shorter lockout could get annoying. RoS is coming out soon, so people like us who clear GSB in a night will have more to do, at least for a week or two.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 04-14-2011 at 12:24 PM.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Not exactly sure why you would be asking this, as you and your guild raced through content that was evidently not their intent to be progressed this fast through, and you now want them to reverse the trends they have put in so far?
    Most of our progression in greenscale was done after all/most of the changes were made. So I think its safe to say that we have progressed through the content at the speed they designed us to be able to go through it. We are a progression guild... we didn't do anything wrong by playing the content. I don't think the 4 days a week, 4 hours per raid we put into the content is unreasonable either.

    You make it sound like we've done something wrong. LOL.
    Last edited by Laylle; 04-14-2011 at 12:26 PM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Wheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laylle View Post
    Most of our progression in greenscale was done after all/most of the changes were made. So I think its safe to say that we have progressed through the content at the speed they designed us to be able to go through it. We are a progression guild... we didn't do anything wrong by playing the content. I don't think the 4 days a week, 4 hours per raid we put into the content is unreasonable either.

    You make it sound like we've done something wrong. LOL.
    Not saying anything about Raid progression. It was simply the progression through the Experts that outfitted you to be able to progress through the raid is what they have modified, and severely slowed down.

    Hell we are getting a 2nd raid barely a month into the game, what other MMO has had that kind of content turnout? Dear lord what more could you ask for?

    Oh wait, this thread, derp.

    :P
    Last edited by Wheeler; 04-14-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Not saying anything about Raid progression. It was simply the progression through the Experts that outfitted you to be able to progress through the raid is what they have modified, and severely slowed down.

    Hell we are getting a 2nd raid barely a month into the game, what other MMO has had that kind of content turnout? Dear lord what more could you ask for?

    Oh wait, this thread, derp.

    :P
    And yet it's the end of the world that I very nicely asked for MORE Rift? LOL! Im not threatening to quit, im not upset, I am even reasonably happy with my main... which is a Rogue btw! I rather enjoy the game.

    What does bug me however is all the people like yourself who kneejerk for no reason. Give a girl a break, eesh.

  12. #12
    Telaran Xombies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laylle View Post
    And yet it's the end of the world that I very nicely asked for MORE Rift? LOL! Im not threatening to quit, im not upset, I am even reasonably happy with my main... which is a Rogue btw! I rather enjoy the game.

    What does bug me however is all the people like yourself who kneejerk for no reason. Give a girl a break, eesh.
    It's not you personally it's the topic.

    I didn't even step into an expert dungeon for the first time until after 1.1, which means it'll take weeks more than you to farm plaques you were given for LESS effort in those experts. Obviously from my previous post I don't hold that against anyone. I don't mind pointing it out either that some of us are cutting our teeth in properly tuned T1/T2 experts in blues and greens not welfare epics gained with 1/2 the effort and twice the reward.

    So, you will get a little hate when you post about "content" and the pace at which you access it this early in the game. The buff to content nullified any respect for those progression guilds that did it on easy mode. Is that fair? no but it's happening. Great idea though for those of you in that situation because it's not your fault Trion didn't really take into account the drive pro players have.

    Progression content is not limited to raids and if you've been doing GsB for the last 2 or 3 weeks you're doing it in welfare epics from busted content; so don't expect any mercy from trolls and haters.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
    GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5
    8gb Ripjaws DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
    2 x Radeon HD 6850 1GB
    2x WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Raid0

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombies View Post
    I didn't even step into an expert dungeon for the first time until after 1.1, which means it'll take weeks more than you to farm plaques you were given for LESS effort in those experts. Obviously from my previous post I don't hold that against anyone. I don't mind pointing it out either that some of us are cutting our teeth in properly tuned T1/T2 experts in blues and greens not welfare epics gained with 1/2 the effort and twice the reward.
    I've only purchased two pieces of T2 plaque gear. Most of my other gear came from drops from experts and raid rifts. I also get more plaques now then I did before 1.1. .

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombies View Post
    So, you will get a little hate when you post about "content" and the pace at which you access it this early in the game. The buff to content nullified any respect for those progression guilds that did it on easy mode. Is that fair? no but it's happening. Great idea though for those of you in that situation because it's not your fault Trion didn't really take into account the drive pro players have.
    The only real easy mode that I am aware of was Lord Greenscale himself closer to release. He had about a third of the HP and dropped a raids worth of the quest rewards for the Saga questline. Now he drops just one 8-O. Otherwise... they buffed the number of drops from the zone, and made a few of the fights easier since release.


    I just don't get the hate. A lot of the guilds in progression ahead of us who killed LGS before they buffed him up ended up way better off then we are because of it, and yet we don't hate about it at all. We are rather happy about the fact that we didn't NEED him to be gimped to kill him.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Sephiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    355

    Default

    I like Laylie

    EDIT: Oh and...


    Quote Originally Posted by Xombies View Post
    It's not you personally it's the topic.

    I didn't even step into an expert dungeon for the first time until after 1.1, which means it'll take weeks more than you to farm plaques you were given for LESS effort in those experts. Obviously from my previous post I don't hold that against anyone. I don't mind pointing it out either that some of us are cutting our teeth in properly tuned T1/T2 experts in blues and greens not welfare epics gained with 1/2 the effort and twice the reward.
    Made me LOL.....because a lot of the T1/T2 fights were dumb hard to clear compared to now after being dumbed down and "tuned." How the hell are you in Greens just turning 50? I hit 50 Feburary 28th as a Warrior tank and still had complete full blues from running CC/AP.
    Last edited by Sephiria; 04-14-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

    Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombies View Post
    It's not you personally it's the topic...

    ... if you've been doing GsB for the last 2 or 3 weeks you're doing it in welfare epics from busted content; so don't expect any mercy from trolls and haters.
    Doing something slower doesn't make you better any more than my, and all the other people, having done it faster.

    The content is too easy and it is unlikely to keep the interest of raiders in the long run unless something changes dramatically whether it's adding hard modes or making raids that are genuinely difficult. People can whine that this would be catering to elitists or hardcore players but once a new tier is released (RoS is not a new tier) and GSB is being farmed by most end game players I expect most people will see where people like me are coming from.

    At the risk of making a troll baiting reference, Naxx was awful because it was too easy but Ulduar was great because it provided progression content for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts